Airbus X Configurator

olschelsea8

I downloaded the new Airbus model but there is an error when i click on configurator and it tells me the the path isn't there. I have re-installed it and still same issue. Any information is appreciated.

Hi,

could you show us a screenshot of the error you get?

Also tell us some information about your computersyste, FS version, etc.

All i did was install it and go to the start menu and clicked on it on it. It then gave me the two errors above. I installed the Airbus first, then the Hotfix. Made sure my Navdata was also updated and my PFPX.

• Aerosoft

We have only see this issue with users that used virusscanner that removed this file because the falsely this was a virus (oh please do tell you virusscanner company to solve that issue, it is costing us tens of thousands of Euros and they are not willing to discuss that with us).

When i re-install it, of course shutting down all antivirus programs and running as Admin, what else should i do? I looked on my pc and found the file but not sure if its the right one. How can i get it back in the airbus folder? I appreciate all the help and thank you Aerosoft for all the great products.

post-100742-0-01794200-1412832193_thumb.

• Deputy Sheriffs

Again ESET :rolleyes:

Turn it completely off, or at least exlude all FSX related folders from being scanned. Although it should give you an option to restore quarantined files.

For the future get rid of ESET and use something else like MS Security Essentials, McAfee or Norton

I use Norton 360 and I got the same result. To solved it I excluded whole A318-A319 folder. Don't blame all antivirus! I suggest any solution but that does not involve us customers and do not compel us to make our system vulnerable anyway.

Regards,

Stephen

• Aerosoft

I use Norton 360 and I got the same result. To solved it I excluded whole A318-A319 folder. Don't blame all antivirus! I suggest any solution but that does not involve us customers and do not compel us to make our system vulnerable anyway.

Regards,

Stephen

But it is not us that created a virus, it's the virus definitions that are just obviously wrong! There is simply nothing we can do to avoid this. (other the rewriting the whole program and hoping it does not trigger the same bug in the virus definition).

The ONLY thing that helps is if customer report to the virus people their definition is flagging a program incorrectly so they will change it. We already tried but hardly get any responces.

• Deputy Sheriffs

I suggest any solution but that does not involve us customers and do not compel us to make our system vulnerable anyway.

Sorry, this is simply not possible.

I'm in the IT secutity business no for nearly 15 years and have a very deep knowledge on how anitvirus software works. You'll always get some false postivies with every virus scanner. But there are unfortunately some engines out not doing a very good job, being either far too sensitive or relying on number of downloads/usage of a software module or only look for certain codes/behaviour which is also used by malware. Good engines use a mix of various occurencies to avoid false positives.

And if you look at the number of false positives given by some engines you can see which are the good ones and which are the bad ones.

Hi Otto,

I respect your 15 years of experience and I believe the experience of Norton. Usually Norton gives me an alternative to regenerate a false positive. Not this time unfortunatly. I suggest you find out why Norton isn't frendly this time. I´ve Norton since long time ago and I have a big amount of "exe" files, including Aerosoft products, without any compatibility problems with my antivirus. A318-A319 is the first and unique to force for an exclusion. I would appreciate your explanation for this.

Thanks in advance,

Stephen

• Aerosoft

A318-A319 is the first and unique to force for an exclusion. I would appreciate your explanation for this.

The explanation is either that we created a virus (obviously not true) or that Norton has definition that is incorrect. There simply is not other explanation possible. Their is imply nothing we can do. Any suggestion from you would be highly welcomed of course. One of the virus companies has replied and apologized btw.

This is far from the first time this happened to us. As far as I recall this happened 9 times. All false positives and always Norton was involved btw.

• 2 months later...

Archived