Twotter R6025 Error Crashes - P3Dv2.4

seafox

Hey Guys,

Having lots of fun with the Twotter in P3Dv2.4

But I am having R6025 error - I got it when I try to click on Reset or when I try to reload the aircraft.

I have followed the instructions as stated on this thread regarding the exit option http://forum.aerosoft.com/index.php?/topic/80777-runtime-error-r6025-pure-virtual-function-call/?hl=r6025

I have no FSUIPC installed at the moment. Only payware aircraft is the Twotter (latest installer version and with the latest hotfix listed 1-3 combo one).

But other than that - it is working fine.

Thanks,

-Seafox

Hey Guys,

Looks like I narrowed on which DLL causes the R6025 crash in P3Dv2.4. Though technically everything is working, but the crash only comes when a Reload is done. I am also running Windows 8.1 x64 version.

I have the aircraft reload hotkey set to "Control + , "

I modified my Dll.xml and disabled all dlls, and enabled each dll one by one and restarted the sim each time.

If I disable all the dlls and just have the AS-Flightrecorder.dll active, and then during a reload; I always get R6025 Crash. But this crash only happens when Twotter is loaded in the sim. If another aircraft is loaded and I still have AS-Flightrecorder.dll enabled in the dll.xml, then there is no crash. I am able to reload the other aircraft.

Note: RAAS Professional DLL (latest version) does create R6025 error regardless of the aircraft when it is reloaded. I isolated the RAAS professional dll by confirming that the AS-Flightrecorder.dll was disabled.

I will post to FS2Crew on their Forums regarding their DLL, but I don't know if this is a showstopper or not - It is not everyday that I reload the aircraft, but AS-Flightrecorder.dll in isolation does indeed create the R6025 crash on Twotter.

Here is my DLL.xml - so you can see what DLLs I have tested in isolation. All products listed are updated to their latest including the latest FSUIPC 4.937 released yesterday.

<?xml version="1.0" encoding="Windows-1252"?>

<SimBase.Document Type="Launch" version="1,0">
<Descr>Launch</Descr>
<Filename>dll.xml</Filename>
<Disabled>False</Disabled>
<Launch.ManualLoad>False</Launch.ManualLoad>
<Launch.Addon>
<Name>Addon Manager</Name>
<Disabled>True</Disabled>
<ManualLoad>False</ManualLoad>
<Path>bglmanx.dll</Path>
</Launch.Addon>
<Launch.Addon>
<Name>ObjectFlow</Name>

<Path>C:\Simulation\Prepar3D v2\ORBX\FTX_AU\FTXAA_ORBXLIBS\Scenery\ObjectFlow.dll</Path>
</Launch.Addon>
<Launch.Addon>
<Name>ObjectFlow_KMRY_P3D</Name>
<Path>C:\Simulation\Prepar3D v2\ORBX\FTX_NA\FTX_AA_KMRY\scenery\ObjectFlow_KMRY_P3D.dll</Path>
</Launch.Addon>
<Launch.Addon>
<Name>ObjectFlow_11S_P3D</Name>

<Path>C:\Simulation\Prepar3D v2\ORBX\FTX_NA\FTX_AA_11S\scenery\ObjectFlow_11S_P3D.dll</Path>
</Launch.Addon>
<Launch.Addon>
<Name>ObjectFlow_EDCG_P3D</Name>

<Path>C:\Simulation\Prepar3D v2\ORBX\FTX_GLOBAL\FTX_AA_EDCG\Scenery\ObjectFlow_EDCG_P3D.dll</Path>
</Launch.Addon>
<Launch.Addon>
<Name>Migration Tool Plugin</Name>

<Path>MigTool.dll</Path>
<DllStartName>module_init</DllStartName>
<DllStopName>module_deinit</DllStopName>
</Launch.Addon>
<Launch.Addon>
<Name>Flight Recorder</Name>
<Disabled>False</Disabled>

<Path>Aerosoft\Flight Recorder\AS-FlightRecorder.dll</Path>
</Launch.Addon>
<Launch.Addon>
<Name>RAASPRO</Name>

<Path>.\RAASPRO\RAASPRO.dll</Path>
<DllStartName>module_init</DllStartName>
<DllStopName>module_deinit</DllStopName>
</Launch.Addon>
<Launch.Addon>
<Name>FSUIPC 4</Name>

<Path>Modules\FSUIPC4.dll</Path>
</Launch.Addon>
</SimBase.Document>

Hey Finn,

I have installed all the C++ Redistributions from 2005 all the way up to 2013 (both x64 and x86 - not that would matter). Twotter produces R6025 Error on reload.

Thanks

Where is Your P3D installed (Hopefully not in the "Program Files (x86)" directory !!

Finn

My P3D is installed outside those Program Directories -

Example - C:\Simulation\Prepar3D v2

I know that I just throw some balls in the air to catch....

But have You tried to run the Twin Otter installer as Administrator ?

I can see You also posted on Avsim.com regarding the same issue.

The issue seems to have gone with P3D 2.2 and 2.3, but re-introduced with 2.4.

I´m sorry to say but it seems that the problem is with P3D 2.4.

Please understand that it´s hard for us to fix issues introduced by other software, in this case P3D V2.4.

May I suggest that You either post or contact Lockheed Martin customer support reagrding the problem.

I can ask Aerosoft staff also to forward the problem to LM.

Finn

Hi Finn,

Thanks, Yeah, if you guys could contact LM that would be better - it would bring more weight. I know this is not a showstopper bug, I had to bring attention to it, as I could not tell if it is the system or the aircraft.

I tested Raaspro's dll before release it got updated for p3dv2.2 and 2.3, and it worked fine. But it definitely looks like 2.4 is bringing this bug from the looks of it.

As long as all the parties know about it, then the fix would be near in the upcoming future.

Thanks

• 2 months later...

Hi,

I have too the R6025 error only with the Twotter under P3D 2.4 WIN 7/64.. With other planes (e.g. DA Fokker) this problem doesn't appear. But with Twotter I can reproduce it at every flight. After about 20 minutes the error happens. For me it looks, like it's related to the GPS (especially the 2D pop-up. When I use the GPS more often, then the error arises earlier. It's just an assumption but I have now done always the same flight to find some pattern. I tried several things (disabling DLLs, removing tweaks, etc.) - no success with the Twotter. I can't complete a flight. In earlier versions of P3D this didn't happen for me.

Rgds

Reinhard

Archived