Why is Co Pilot keep repeating T.O Config ??

vintageboy

Dear all member and admin,

After push and start during taxi checklist the co pilot keep repeating "T.O Config " I refer to step by step manual is to press the "TO Config" even after it was pressed co pilot keep repeating...I don't know why..

So I just ignore it and taxi to the runway and take off, no co pilot calling for "Before Taxi Checklist " have to abort the sim totally and restart.

What I have done is to press the Taxi checklist at the right MCDU, or should I wait until it was activate by the co pilot during the "Taxi Checklist " sequence instead of pressing it my self ??

Please share some advise.

Thanks

Vintageboy

Yes, the word "Wait" comes on the screen after engine start, and the taxi checklist starts automatically, after some computing is done.

So definitely try waiting (and don't press "Taxi" as you may be initiating the taxi checklist when the simulation is not ready for it).

Hope it solves it for you.

Thanks David yes it works :-) ..also just want to share some information..when I take off from the wrong runway instead of 07R I taxi to the wrong runway 07C the MCDU wont initiate the "before take off checklist"...kinda of cool imo.

Vintageboy

• Deputy Sheriffs

Yes, currently the "before take off checklist" becomes available shortly before the holding point of the configured departure runway. It does not start automatically as in the AXE but needs to be started manually.

SP1 will change that a little: the checklist becomes available right after "push back/start". So you can use a shortcut to your runway if you don't need it's entire length or ATC tells you to do so.

Yes, currently the "before take off checklist" becomes available shortly before the holding point of the configured departure runway. It does not start automatically as in the AXE but needs to be started manually.

SP1 will change that a little: the checklist becomes available right after "push back/start". So you can use a shortcut to your runway if you don't need it's entire length or ATC tells you to do so.

This already has been changed with hotfix 2 - unfortunately it was not mentioned in the release notes....

The reason why "TO CONFIG" is repeated is that the necessary settings for a TO are not made correctly or are not complete. Please have a look into the UPPER ECAM - MEMO part if there are some settings "open".

Regards,

Rolf

Hi Hanse, Tom and David,

I figure out how to response to TO Config , today it happen again so what I have done is press "Shift + / " or the Ground spoiler and the pilot will response "check".

However I still can't figure out what has caused this , I use pilot and co pilot crew...

Vintageboy

Hi,

thanks for the information. We know that there is currently a problem with the Ground Spoilers which will ne solved with the next SP. Pushing the TO CONFIG button does not solve this problem because the Ground Spoilers are not in the right position.....and therefore the plane is not configured for takeoff.

Regards,

Rolf

Hi Hanse,

Just completed a short flight LOWG to LOWI, during taxi in LOWG the same thing happen so...I press "Shift+/" and after that press the "TO" button , the pilot will respond "Check"

May be some bugs..it's not happen all the time only once in a while..

Vintageboy

Archived