Problems with A320 after using new A319

Scotflieger

Having been delighted with the new A319 over the past week, I tried to operate my old A320 but was hit by a few anomalies that prevent me flying.

After starting FSX with A319 as the default aircraft, I loaded the A320 at the same location. I found that although the upper MCDU showed the movement of the throttle lever, the engines failed to respond except in reverse. Also the previously entered A319 route was visible on the ND but no flight plan was loaded. I then loaded the Cold and Dark setting. I found I could start the APU but the APU bleed would operate (move in and out) but I had no bleed to start the engines.

Another minor issue was that the Lvar for the Beacon Light switch has changed.

It looks like I have to wait until the new A320/A321 is released before I can return to flying this aircraft.

If you don't start with the 319 as the default aircraft, things will work just fine with the 320. I've had no issues at all by using the default ultralite or Cessna as the startup aircraft.

DJ

It has always been recommended that you start your flight sim session with a M/S FSX default aircraft on screen, then change to your add-on aircraft. This loads all the basic FSX settings first. Hope this helps. Regards.

I have changed the aircraft to the standard MS C172 and saved this as the Default flight. I then exited and restart FSX. Once loaded I changed the aircraft to the A320 located at EGLL. I was able to insert a new flight plan for EGLL-EGPH which was correctly accepted and display on the MCDU. However, the route was not displayed on the ND. Zooming out I found that there was a test route I previously used with the A319 displayed on the ND that did not reflect the Flight Plan. Re-positioning the aircraft to EGPH, the test route was centred on that airport (see below). Re-entering the test flight plan or any other from EGPH failed to change that shown on the ND.

I can only conclude that the is an interaction between the A319 ND display and that of the old A320.

A320ErrorFltPln.jpg

Archived