Fuel/Load doesn't count back

MagicPhantom

Hello Simmers,

didn't find that kind of problem, so I start a new topic. I use PFPX for planning fuel etc. There is a rest of fuel indicated (about 4.2t) in cold and dark mode. If I need less than 4.2, let's say 3.5, fill it in and press load FUEL becomes green and is blinking but doesn't count backwards. Only if you press the Load-Button several times it works (but only if the button is pressed again and again). Upcount is no problem. Could this be a bug?

Best regards,

Andreas

• Deputy Sheriffs

Hi Andreas,

I think you are talking about the A319 IAE version. We know that there is a problem but it is related to a special program design for the IAE engines. Until now we do not have a solution for that. With the CFM engines we do not have this issue. So please use the INIT LOAD function and it should work......

Regards,

Hanse

I posted elsewhere I also had this problem with the A318 CFM so it's not an IAE only problem! The future solution, so I was told, will be that the default amount of fuel will be lowered in the next update to something like 2.3 so you will never have to 'unload' fuel. For now the most simple solution is to use the INSTANT load option: it will immediately load anything you set.

Yes, INSTANT LOAD is an option, but I like it as real as it gets! ;o)

IRL you would hardly defuel if not imperatively necessary! The costs are higher than then fuel savings, especially when it comes to such small amounts like 1 or 2 tons. It's different in longrange OPS of couse, where defueling might become necessary due to an A/C change.

Oskar

EDIT

The latest hotfix solved this problem by lowering the default numbers in the states, so there is no more need to change this yourself.

Problem solved! By Rolf himself, in another topic.

http://forum.aerosoft.com/index.php?/topic/86025-fuel-load-not-set-back-to-zero-when-double-acft-state-loaded/#entry617776

Here is an edited copy/paste of the needed information. I just tried this with the turn around state and it worked like a charm. Sometimes life can be so simple!

Go to \Documents\Aerosoft\Airbus\Custom2.abx where Documents is your own default Windows documents folder. Open the file with Notepad and change the following:

ASC_Load_Fuel=4098.000000

into:

ASC_Load_Fuel=2048.000000

...or any number you like and that's low enough: 2048 is a normal FOB after a flight but you can set it even lower. Of course you can also set it too exactly 2000 but IRL you usually don't end up with rounded numbers. ;)

BTW Ralf's original post was about the taxi state Custom3.abx. I figured Custom2.abx should be the turn around state and I figured right. Custom1.abx probably is cold and dark and Custom4.abx take off.

Anway, after this simple edit I can now manually load fuel (and pax and cargo)!!! :)

Maybe a mod can change the status of this topic from '-will not fix/cannot fix' to 'SOLVED'!

The latest hotfix come with new states that have the amount of fuel already lowered so there is no more need for the fix I posted earlier. (I also updated my post to reflect this.) Afaik this change wasn't in the list of changes but now you know anyway. ;)

IRL you would hardly defuel if not imperatively necessary! The costs are higher than then fuel savings, especially when it comes to such small amounts like 1 or 2 tons. It's different in longrange OPS of couse, where defueling might become necessary due to an A/C change.

Oskar

Ups, that one I didn't keep in mind! You are absolutely right! Thank you. :lightbulb_s:

EDIT

The latest hotfix solved this problem by lowering the default numbers in the states, so there is no more need to change this yourself.

Problem solved! By Rolf himself, in another topic.

http://forum.aerosoft.com/index.php?/topic/86025-fuel-load-not-set-back-to-zero-when-double-acft-state-loaded/#entry617776

Here is an edited copy/paste of the needed information. I just tried this with the turn around state and it worked like a charm. Sometimes life can be so simple!

Go to \Documents\Aerosoft\Airbus\Custom2.abx where Documents is your own default Windows documents folder. Open the file with Notepad and change the following:

ASC_Load_Fuel=4098.000000

into:

ASC_Load_Fuel=2048.000000

...or any number you like and that's low enough: 2048 is a normal FOB after a flight but you can set it even lower. Of course you can also set it too exactly 2000 but IRL you usually don't end up with rounded numbers. ;)

BTW Ralf's original post was about the taxi state Custom3.abx. I figured Custom2.abx should be the turn around state and I figured right. Custom1.abx probably is cold and dark and Custom4.abx take off.

Anway, after this simple edit I can now manually load fuel (and pax and cargo)!!! :)

Maybe a mod can change the status of this topic from '-will not fix/cannot fix' to 'SOLVED'!

Thank you for that. Exactly what I sought.

Archived