IAS & FSUIPC Assignment

peter131176

Hi Finn,

Its me again, after your detailed explanation I'm really enjoying that plane fully, become my favorite :) I don't know if you will have answer for my question and I know its not related to software itself however I thought you might know, I loved that plane so much that recently I bought yoke and rudder pedals and Full FSUIPC. Every single button from autopilot panel I could assign through FSUIPC like Alt. Hdg. etc. however I couldn't find assignment to IAS in FSUIPC, maybe you know which assgnment it is in FSUIPC so I could pair it with my throttle buttons.

And a ALT ALRT as well if you know which assignment this could be in FSUIPC

Hi Peter. It seems the IAS Hold, ALT Alert, MDA and Go Around functions are not passed through to default FSX functions so you have to manipulate Lvars to make them work. You will need to get Gunseli's LINDA script (stickied at the top of this topic) to do this, which in turn will rely on you using LINDA for associating those buttons. You could do this from plain old FSUIPC but you will have to delve a little bit into the Lua code and pull the bits you need out into smaller modules. But give LINDA a try, it works great and it's free!

thx for quick reply, however I rad instruction for LINDA and they say to run linda.exe which is not included and I can't find it :) I copied to folders from this zip to modules and thats it. I have one lua file for jetstream and is on top of modules and i can see it in fsuipc when i assgn key for this lua file it gives me menu while in cockpit to set jetstream cold and dark. however I want assign buttons so pulling them out (lua files) on top of modules folder doesn't make sens. How to get linda exe if you have link please help, I don't know still after reading manual how to install for beginners, how to install this module :)

Many of the autopilot related functions (among other system switches) are "Custom" coded. This means they are not default FSX functions and therefor not assignable via the FSX Control menu or standard FSUIPC functions.

As mark says, You will need the LINDA files found via the link Mark has in his post as well as the LUA scripts found here: http://forum.aerosoft.com/index.php?/topic/71615-linda-module-for-twotter-extended-available/

I don´t use it myself, so I have not read into how exactly to use it, but You should be able to find out by reading the readme's.

Finn

Yeah thx Finn I sorted it out :) went through readme and instructions Mark is great, I was reading about this tool but was too afraid to mess around with FSX, as there is system reinstall due to changing disks I said what the hack :) and its fantastic :)

Archived