Preview : The Fighting Falcon

• Aerosoft

Build fully to FSx specs (so it will not run in FS2004!), we present our first FSx product, "The Fighting Falcon". I will not answer a lot of questions right now, but how does a dog fighting mode sounds to you? Guns and Sidewinders only, but at least you can now show you are able to shoot down all your buddies who fly the same aircraft.....

f16_1.jpg

f16_2.jpg

(note, canopy redone since the shot was taken)

f16_3.jpg

f16_8.jpg

f16_4.jpg

f16_5.jpg

(note, center console is flat bitmap here)

f16_6.jpg

f16_7.jpg

f16_9.jpg

• Replies 218
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

That's fast Simfreak :D

best

LOL yes I just logged in and that was the first thing I saw! Great news! :D

Same team.... better company...

Yeah, fully comfortable with the outcome of this product! :)

• Aerosoft
this will have to be soimething special to beat the 2 current best choices (a certain L and a certai free one) but knowing you guys..it will be!

Start with 3 times the polygons of the commercial one and 5 times the polygons of the freeware one. Then add the systems that have always been a LOT stronger on the commercial one (same dev). THEN add the fact this one started as a full FSx product, not as a FS2002 product as the other two did.

There is about 5 years of advance between those and this one. That's a long time in FS.

Why? Still hoping for a Mirage III ?

Best

Well, from a marketing viewpoint doing the F-16 makes perfect sense and I'm sure it will sell like mad to the uneducated masses. But I'm an aviation lover and it makes my f***ing heart bleed to see we will probably get the same aircraft cycle again and again when there are so much other (deserving) aircraft that could be done and never have been. Although the Mirage is one of them, I can think of at least a dozen other aircraft more "worthy" than the Electric Jet (haven't flown it in almost 2 years). If people want a "full fledged" F-16, get a copy of Falcon 4. Resources can only be spent once, so time spent on the F-16 means time not available for other projects.

Guess I'm dissapointed that we're going down the same old trodden path again, seemingly only governed by sales (not intended as a putdown for all the people at Aerosoft, just frustrated here). Even MS is making FSX more into a game with hopes for higher sales. Sometimes I wish for communism, LOL. Hope the Cat and Bronco won't be dropped. At least those are two refreshing aircraft. And my number 1 priority right now is the Do-27.

Start with 3 times the polygons of the commercial one and 5 times the polygons of the freeware one.

Isn't that just going to make it harder on our computers hardware. My example is the Captainsim C-130. I love that plane; it looks good, it flies well, and the systems are modelled great but the poly count is so high and the textures so big that I can't seem to fly it into addon areas with out getting a significant performance hit. Maybe I'm wrong so can you comment on this?

Hi All,

Thats looking good to me. I've got a new system arriving tomorrow (Hopefully) and am looking forward to re-installing FS9 and my addons. These screenies help me realise what a great future our hobby has going into FSX. I for one thoroughly enjoyed the F-16 in 2K2 and FS9 and am glad it's getting a full overhaul for FSX.

Hi All,

Thats looking good to me. I've got a new system arriving tomorrow (Hopefully) and am looking forward to re-installing FS9 and my addons. These screenies help me realise what a great future our hobby has going into FSX. I for one thoroughly enjoyed the F-16 in 2K2 and FS9 and am glad it's getting a full overhaul for FSX.

What are you getting?

• Aerosoft

Well, from a marketing viewpoint doing the F-16 makes perfect sense and I'm sure it will sell like mad to the uneducated masses. But I'm an aviation lover and it makes my f***ing heart bleed to see we will probably get the same aircraft cycle again and again when there are so much other (deserving) aircraft that could be done and never have been. Although the Mirage is one of them, I can think of at least a dozen other aircraft more "worthy" than the Electric Jet (haven't flown it in almost 2 years). If people want a "full fledged" F-16, get a copy of Falcon 4. Resources can only be spent once, so time spent on the F-16 means time not available for other projects.

Guess I'm dissapointed that we're going down the same old trodden path again, seemingly only governed by sales (not intended as a putdown for all the people at Aerosoft, just frustrated here). Even MS is making FSX more into a game with hopes for higher sales. Sometimes I wish for communism, LOL. Hope the Cat and Bronco won't be dropped. At least those are two refreshing aircraft. And my number 1 priority right now is the Do-27.

For the less known aircraft you really have to look at either smaller companies or freeware. A project of this magnitute simply takes many months to do. Now we have shown in the past we are willing to go some way to do stuff that is not commercial (remember the German footbal stadiums, a sizable investment that was done without profit in mind), but we got bills to pay....

• Aerosoft

Isn't that just going to make it harder on our computers hardware. My example is the Captainsim C-130. I love that plane; it looks good, it flies well, and the systems are modelled great but the poly count is so high and the textures so big that I can't seem to fly it into addon areas with out getting a significant performance hit. Maybe I'm wrong so can you comment on this?

Sure, love to comment on that.

Yes, this one will be hard on hardware, just like Manhattan used to be (I think it was the hardest framerate hitter when it was released), but nobody seems to have low frames there now. Just like the Seaqhawk & Boxer of 8 months ago, clearly 8 months of new hardware solved that problem. FSx will be hard on frames for mnany people, just like us, MS builds it with hardware of 2007 in mind, dual core CPU's and DX10 GPU's.

So yes, this one will be hard on frames and it certainly will need a good graphics system. If you like simple models there are loads of others around. Not as great looking, but a lot faster. We are not apologizing for killing your frames, as long as we deliver well optimized code...

What are you getting?

Hi Mate,

Hopefully this lot will be with me shortly:-

Intel Core 2 DUO E6600 "LGA775 Conroe" 2.40GHz (1066FSB)

Asus P5W DH Deluxe WiFi (Socket 775) PCI-Express DDR2 Motherboard

GeIL 2GB (2x1GB) PC6400 800MHz Ultra Low Latency DDR2 Dual Channel Kit

Tagan TG530-U15 530W ATX2.01 Easycon SLi Compliant Modular Silent PSU

Samsung SH-W163 16x16 DVD±RW Serial ATA Dual Layer ReWriter

Connect3D ATI Radeon X1900 XT 512MB GDDR3 AVIVO TV-Out/Dual DVI (PCI-Express)

Lian-Li PC-7 PLUS Black Aluminium Midi-Tower Case

2 x Seagate Barracuda 7200.10 250GB ST3250620AS SATA-II 16MB Cache

Should allow me to run Aerosofts finest pretty well :D

For the less known aircraft you really have to look at either smaller companies or freeware. A project of this magnitute simply takes many months to do. Now we have shown in the past we are willing to go some way to do stuff that is not commercial (remember the German footbal stadiums, a sizable investment that was done without profit in mind), but we got bills to pay....

Yeah Mathijs, I know. And my rant wasn't directed against Aerosoft in particular, but against the addon market in general. But I'm willing to bet that deep down in your heart (if you wouldn't have to take commercial considerations into account) you wouldn't have chosen the F-16.

Ah well, the good thing about Aerosoft doing an F-16 is that my favourite Italian developer can concentrate on other projects :wink:.

Hi guys,

the screenshots look great. As I have always been a big fan of the previous two vesions mentioned, both payware and freeware, you can expect another customer!

But maybe... I still miss another great aircraft, a legend from the payware sky: the mighty Grumman F-14 Tomcat. Any hope that You decide making it...? PLEASE!

Peter

I have to agree with my friend Dan here. I just got a dual-core AMD 64 4400 system, 2GB ram and a 256mb ATI PCI-E Video card. If this aircraft is going to be a slide show on my system then I guess I'll wait another year or so (until I can get newer hardware) to even contemplate about purchasing it...