VOR intercepting

Hi, simmers. I am a beginner with AirbusX and my question Is: is it possible navigate from VOR to VOR without enter a whole flight plan into MCDU?

I would like to know if is possible to do like I do in a Boeing entering the VOR frequency, radial number and pressing the VOR button to intercept and follow the radial.

Thank you.

You can also create a VOR-to-VOR flightplan and enter the VORs on the F-PLN page of your MCDU - your bus will then fly the VORs in NAV mode (managed).

Mind though, that some of the VORs in FSX are out of service by now, and cannot be found anymore in the bus' navdatabase.

can you not track a VOR radial using the LOC function? i thought i had done that a while back on the 320 extended.

Probably this was a bug in the Extended version, but in our new Airbusses this is for sure not possible anymore.

As --- already says, the LOC button is there to capture the localiser of an ILS, nothing more. You can't capture a VOR radial with it.

• 3 weeks later...

I mean the VOR approach with Airbus?

As I am a bit confused about it.... Also it seems that I have a problem during selecting the VOR approach of the runway, the ils frequency is still in the ils section.... I don't know if this is correct or not.

For the last part, in Cairo "HECA" RWY 05C has no longer active ILS and required to be fixed and now the arrival is with the ROV " CVO"..... My question is, is it normal to still have the ILS frequency in the MCDU even if I am not selecting this type of approach?

• Deputy Sheriffs

The answer on your second question. If you have not entered an ILS app in the MCDU then you would normally not see an ILS freq. If you do see an freq just delete it or ignore the ILS signal by not pushing the LS button on the FCU.

The answer on your first question concerning VOR approaches: in the step by step manual there is a nice tutorial on how to fly an VOR app in Corfu, Greece.

Hope it helps

Archived