What is the best flight planning software to use?

Gregory

I have FSbuild now for flight planning. Some of my flight plans are missing waypoints when I load the in the Airbus 318/319 and Extended. I did a plan for KIAD to KDFW and most of the waypoints were not in the MCDU after it loaded. Is there a better program than what I am using now?

I'm using PFPX as I want full OFP's for my flight, but it depends a lot on the actual simmer.

Some people prefer Flight Sim Commander 9 over PFPX, for some it's the other way round. You should simply check both programs out and see which one suits you.

I absolutely love PFPX. Very realistic. Nothing nicer than a professional realistic printed PFPX OFP on your lap during a flight. I also use that OFP to load the Airbus (instead of the load manager). Very clean interface (unlike FSC which imho looks awful but that's just my opinion. ;) ) Take note that it exports realistic flightplans so no parking spots or gates in the plan, no SID or STAR (in the exported plan, that is: SID and STAR are/can be on the OFP!). You can also validate your plan (CFMU) within PFPX and while creating the plan and you can easily correct errors automatically by for instance making sure specific airways or waypoint may not be used. And so on.

When I bought it I thought it was a bit too expensive and er... well, still think it is LOL but I am very happy with my purchase!

Hello Gregory,

My method is to use www.Flightaware.com for the real world flight plans and then plug the plan into the MCDU same as RW pilots. For example the latest route between KIAD and KDFW on flightaware is >> RNLDI3 OTTTO Q80 FAREV BWG J6 LIT FEWWW SEEVR1 . When I enter this data (INCLUDING the AIRWAYS), my AXE Extended MCDU displays ALL waypoints . :-)

I've just been playing with simbrief.com and I reeeeealy liked it.

Im creating/downloading company routes like a mad man now.

Though I have to admit I never used another flight planner than the default fs/p3d planner :glare_s:

vjcarlo,

I've tried this method but where do you get the airways from?

The airways are loaded directly into your MCDU. For example from my referenced flight plan (RNLDI3 OTTTO Q80 FAREV BWG J6 LIT FEWWW SEEVR1) you would enter AIRWAY Q80 at OTTTO to FAREV and AIRWAY J6 from BWG to LIT . When entering this into your MCDU all the waypoints on this airway will populate :cool3_s:

Does anybody know if such a thing as a "Company Route package" exists anywhere ?

We all keep creating and saving our routes, keeping as close to the real ones as possible, and the only thing that changes is fuel, aircraft type, etc

So i can assume they are basically all the same.

I wonder if, for example, a lot of, e.g. A320 Europe routes, are already available .... I tried searching and googling with no luck though

Archived