push back ghost suggestion

I've been enjoying this aircraft and everything has been running pretty smoothly so far! I have a suggestion though. I always seem to botch the push back, I can never get the aircraft to end up where I would like with the built in push back feature. Is there any chance that some kind of ghosting effect or outline or something could be developed to show where the aircraft will end up with the entered values in the MCDU? That would make things much easier... but I don't know how much of a pain this would be for the developers. Just an idea to make the pushback a little more accurate!

I'll tell you what I do and more often than not I usually hit it spot on. Depending on what plane you are flying, find out the total length, then just eyeball it from overhead, using the known length to guesstimate.

Having to guess the push back distance for each airport and gate is near impossible. The FSX push back (ctrl+p with 1 or 2) manages to put the Airbus on the correct position on the taxi way. However, using the FSX push back messes up the Push Back Checklist.

I have few suggestions:

1. How about allowing the standard FSX push back to work with the Checklist;
  2. Or automatically inserting the distance to the taxi centreline in the MDCU R Push Back page.
  3. Also most push back are normally through 90 degrees meaning you have to click multiple times on the L or R buttons to more from zero to ninety.

This is not a complicated piece of programming for the experts at Aerosoft.

• Aerosoft

Sorry we are not planning any of that. Actually it IS a lot of work and partly even impossible as far as we know.

For almost all serious airport there is AES support that has the correct push back from each parking. For the airports without we provide the build in push back but that is really the best we can do.

Archived