"Cargo" keeps flashing when pressing "Instant" key

skeller

Hello,

When I load passengers, fuel and cargo via the right MCDU, the "Cargo" item at LSK2R keeps flashing in green after I press "Instant". Shouldn't this be solid green? At least that's how I understand the description of this feature in the respective paragragphs of the Step-by-Step guide.

My procedure: I set up Fuel Planner for the flight (with the correct model selected) and click "Generate Loadsheet" (Auto load with aircraft NOT ticked).

Then, on the right MCDU I click LOAD/FUEL, then LOADSHEET, and then INSTANT. Although both cargo doors are open, CARGO keeps flashing after that.

Is there anything I missed?

Thanks and regards,

Stefan

Hi Mathijs,

Thanks a lot for trying to help. I have tried several times in the meantime, using different liveries, waiting 15 mins for the flashing to stop, but always the same behaviour.

This is how the right MCDU looks after having initialized the loadsheet and pressed INSTANT:

post-32857-0-11871300-1412005172_thumb.j

Of course, I cannot prove the flashing with a screenshot, but please believe me, CARGO is alternating between white and green.

And here's my Fuel Manager:

post-32857-0-05584900-1412005188_thumb.j

Had several attempts with both the DLH and the BER A319.

But: Not a big deal, just a "general wondering". ;)

Thanks and best regards,

Stefan

• Deputy Sheriffs

Looking at your screenshot I recognized that the amount loaded is slightly higher than the amount stated in the loadsheet. So the figures are different and that is the reason why it is still blinking. We have the problem that FSX works in lbs and that means we have to calculate from KG into lbs and then back into kg - so there are rounding differences..... Please use a more rounded kg weight like 2.400 and the problem will disappear. But we will have an eye on that and maybe add a tolerance for "blinking".

Regards,

Rolf

Hi Rolf,

Thanks a lot for the explanation. Reducing the cargo load to 2420 kg in the Fuel Planner indeed did the trick! So I guess adding a tolerance of +/-10kg should make the flashing disappear whatever is set in the Fuel Planner.

Best regards,

Stefan

Archived