ZFW In Load Screen

calzoom

I really like the fueling and loading system inside of the Airbus a319, but I would much prefer to see a ZFW input section, as opposed to a TOW input. Any chance of it being added or changed?

Cheers

• Deputy Sheriffs

Sorry, but first there is no TOW input section in the LOAD/FUEL MENU. It is just a calculated figure to check the MAX TOW is not exceeded. In this calculation a fixed fuel amount for APU and TAXI time (according to the LOAD-/FUEL PLANNER is deducted. So I think this method is more correct than just comparing ZFW.....

Regards,

Hans

Fair enough, but that still doesn't really answer my question.

I'm asking for an easy way to input a correct ZFW into the system rather than adding PAX/cargo. There's no way in the LOAD/FUEL menu to determine what ZFW you have, without then working out the calculation you mentioned above.

I'm sure I can work it out, I'm just asking for simplicity on our end.

Cheers

• Deputy Sheriffs

There's no way in the LOAD/FUEL menu to determine what ZFW you have, without then working out the calculation you mentioned above.

1. For what do you need here the ZFW? The ZFW you will find in the LOAD_/FUEL PLANNER as well as in the MCDU on the MCDU INIT B page.
  2. Your are asking for "simplicity". But this is contrary to what a lot of other users expect/want: A prodecure as near as possible to what happens in reality. To enter one value p.e. a ZFW of 48.4 instead of just two figures 80 and 2000 is not a big difference and additional workload.

Regards,

Hanse

I know there's no way to determine the ZFW in the LOAD/FUEL menu... that's why I was requesting whether it could be added.

1 - I know I can find the ZFW in the Fuel planner - I've been using it since the AXE and am perfectly familiar with it. Again, I know I can find it on the MDCU INIT B page, but this wasn't anything to do with my original request. I want to be able to put in a weight value in the LOAD page.

Say for example, I plan a route in PFPX, there's many more values that can change the ZFW. E.g. Children, baggage, than what you can change within the airbus MCDU. As a result, it makes putting all these numbers together more complex than simply entering a ZFW for the aircraft. I don't care if I have the right number of PAX in the cabin, I just want correct weights. Simply putting 51.3 into a box would be far easier than working it out, especially when you have other factors in it.

2 - I get that, but I've never heard of a complaint of this from other aircraft creators who do this.

All I was doing was suggesting something for a future update, NOT reporting a bug, as the topic title has been changed to for some reason.

User Calzoom has said it very nicely. The (predicted) TOW displayed in the Load-page is not even remotely interesting since the only thing i care about during boarding is the ZFW and the GW. I also use PFPX and even though it generates a PAX-No. i couldn't care less how many PAX are "simulated". I just want my ZFW to be consistent with my PFPX OFP. At this time I just move the sliders for PAX and cargo in the Fuelplanner - completely disregarding PAX numbers - until i have approximately the same ZFW as in my PFPX OFP.

Although I know you don't strive for PMDG-accuracy, they have solved it very elegant - you can either enter PAX/Cargo or a ZFW value. It would be nice, if a direct entry of ZFW could be realized.

Why not setting the Pax weight in PFPX and A319 to the same numbers. So YOU have always the exact same ZFW as in your PFPX FLightplan (assuming, you have set the aircraft weight correct in PFPX)<br />

<br />

<br />

Best regards/schöne Grüße<br />

Werner

Why not setting the Pax weight in PFPX and A319 to the same numbers. So YOU have always the exact same ZFW as in your PFPX FLightplan (assuming, you have set the aircraft weight correct in PFPX)<br />

<br />

<br />

Best regards/schöne Grüße<br />

Werner

They are the same value anyway (I checked this before). But it would solve the issue of baggage and also children.

Set the baggage to 25 kgs in PFPX, that fits the Airbus cargo weights. As for children, I set them to 0 kg (have only very small children :) )

Thanks for your input, but still, it would be a nice thing to have in the Airbus 319.

Any input from the developers?

HI Everyone,

When i use the load and fiuel manager i have a ZFW then i set the fuel and so on, Launch FSX select the Airbus 319 then click on create loadsheet and select the dark and cold cockpit then i give power to the plane and so on and when i go into tohe load section and click on load shit the fuel and ZFW are different than the one in the loadsheet. Yesterday i had 15500 Kg of fuel and ZFW 51200KG. ZFW%Mac was 29 and trim was dn 0.02 In the MCDU i had Fuel 12800 ZFW on INIT PAGE B 44.2 ZFW %MAc 27.....I had to select the value of the fuel by hand clicking close t fuel and inserting 15.5.

Thanks

Alfredo

• Deputy Sheriffs

Hi,

I am one of the developers of the LOAD/FUEL Menu and prepared the specs for it. So I know what I am talking about.

1. We cannot adopt the A318/319 to all other add-ons like PFPX in this case. Tomorrow will be another request for another add-on and so on...... Aerosoft offers with the A318/319 the LOAD- and FUEL PLANNER and it serves well what is needed.
  2. To change the functionality to work with ZFW input only is not just entering a filed for another value but a major change. For a lot of reasons we have to use FSX basic programming and it requires a differentiation between pax and cargo. E.g. first to deduct the EW from that input figure and then to split the remaining value into pax and cargo (again because FSX requires this). How we shall do this? There is no standard formula available.......

Regards,

Hanse

Hi,

I am one of the developers of the LOAD/FUEL Menu and prepared the specs for it. So I know what I am talking about.

1. We cannot adopt the A318/319 to all other add-ons like PFPX in this case. Tomorrow will be another request for another add-on and so on...... Aerosoft offers with the A318/319 the LOAD- and FUEL PLANNER and it serves well what is needed.
  2. To change the functionality to work with ZFW input only is not just entering a filed for another value but a major change. For a lot of reasons we have to use FSX basic programming and it requires a differentiation between pax and cargo. E.g. first to deduct the EW from that input figure and then to split the remaining value into pax and cargo (again because FSX requires this). How we shall do this? There is no standard formula available.......

Regards,

Hanse

Thanks for letting me know - I wasn't aware you were a developer , so apologies for the confusion here.

As I said, all I was doing was making a suggestion, and it clearly seems it isn't something that can be added.

Hopefully for future products it can be something that is considered.

Thanks again.

Archived