How To Enable Weather Radar FSX Aerosoft A318/A319 Tutorial

cedarjet201

A tilt of -15.0 on the ground seems really erroneous... does anyone have the TILT we should generally use in our flights or in RL they tend to use AUTO? (in normal conditions)

Well, I totally understand the tutorial and everything is OK, if only I set as this video shows.

My question is why weather disappears (nothing on ND) when I set MULTISCAN AUTO & GCS AUTO and TILT 0° and GAIN CAL?

Is it beacuse weather is fine and clear? Or I am doing something wrong again?

I am confused.

Anyway thank youy very much for your video.

Raffaele

• Deputy Sheriffs

If you set multiscan and GCS on auto it doesn't matter what else you have configured. That's what auto means. The WXR will do everything do get an as good as possible idea of the weather ahead of you.

If you don't see any weather on your ND then there simply are no clouds with precipitation in you radar's reach and the selected ND range.

A little bit above I have linked a PDF. It gives you a good idea of how the WXR works, manually and automatically.

• Deputy Sheriffs

HI,

why you guys haven't had a look into the Vol6 StepbyStep Guide Chapter 2.1.3 where you find all the information you need to know about this feature?

Regards,

Hanse

why you guys haven't had a look into the Vol6 StepbyStep Guide Chapter 2.1.3 where you find all the information you need to know about this feature?

Personally speaking, that's exactly what I did do. Unfortunately, as comprehensive as Vol6 is, imho, it just didn't explain the functionality well enough.

Regards

Gary

• Deputy Sheriffs
  • Deputy Sheriffs

My Air frame show skeleton during flight seeing from spot plane ...any idea why?

Do not hijack others post. And use the search function before opening another topic.

• Deputy Sheriffs

Why is the weather radar does not show clouds?

I recommend you read the Collins manual for the WXR which is already linked twice in this thread. It explains in detail what the WXR displays, and what not.

Archived