Turn Around state and doors

tup61

Kevin,

are you by the way also using some of the programs Jonas mentioned in his post #18? Please have a look because I want to exclude that maybe other programs are interfering with this function....

Regards,

Rolf

Yes, except I don't have AEROSOFT listed in the Add-Ons menu, just RAAS PRO. I have some hot keys assigned for other addons but Shift+E is, as I said before, reserved for the external door as default and not used otherwise by anything else.

I have done some experimenting and found some interesting things:

I loaded the A319 in a freshly loaded FSX, no default state set.

I then selected Cold and Dark State. It did exactly as it should including all doors closed except the front left door which was open.

Then I selected Turn Around State. The front left door stayed open. No other doors moved.

I used the Doors page to open the aft left door and both cargo doors. They opened but the front left door closed by itself!!

I selected Turn Around state again and the front left door opened, aft left and cabin doors stayed open.

I tried making a user state with the two cargo doors open and the left cabin doors open and also I changed the external power from the cart to stand configuration. It seemed to save OK, but when I loaded it the door positions didn't respond although everything else seemed to, including the external power animation.

Then I opened the user state save file I had made. The only door related items I could find were these:

AB_Cabindoor3=0.000000

AB_Cabindoor4=0.000000

AB_Cabindoor3_toggle=0.000000

AB_Cabindoor3_target=0.000000

AB_Cabindoor4_toggle=0.000000

AB_Cabindoor4_target=0.000000

So it looked like the only doors saved in this file were 3 and 4 (which I guessed were the front and aft right cabin doors. I made another user state with these open and all others closed. Sure enough these variables changed in that .ASC file and loading that user state caused these doors to open (but didn't change any other doors).

I hope these experiments can give you a clue what is going on.

• Deputy Sheriffs

Kevin,

to get all the information I need I would like to ask you one more thing. Please manually set the plane in the TA ACFT state and then try to open all 4 doors. In the previous mail you described a way how you could do this. Then save this state in FSX as a flight........ Close FSX and start it again. In the Free Flight Menu the standard and to be loaded plane should be an FSX plane. Then start FSX in this configuration. After start e. g. within FSX load the previously saved flight with the TA state........ Please report what happened then to the doors......

Regards,

Rolf

Rolf,

I created a flight as you said, with left cabin doors open and both cargo doors open. After reloading from within FSX (Cessna had been loaded by default, the following occurred:

ECAM was already on DOOR page. It opened with all doors closed but SLIDE indications at all exits.

5 sec after the A319 loaded the front left door started to open but had closed again at 10 sec, i.e. 5 sec later. SLIDE indications disappeared except at overwing position.

At about 75 sec the SLIDE indications reappeared at all cabin doors and the aircraft state remained like that.

Hope this helps.

Kevin

edit.

I checked My Documents and this has full permissions set for all users including me. FSX root directory is C:\FSX and FSX is run as administrator.

I get the same problem in FSX - but get round it by re selecting the plane without restarting FSX. Turn Around state is loaded automatically and the doors then all work except that Front left opens and closes again but stays open when selected open a second time.

I get this all airports wherever I am parked.

John

I get the same problem in FSX - but get round it by re selecting the plane without restarting FSX. Turn Around state is loaded automatically and the doors then all work except that Front left opens and closes again but stays open when selected open a second time.

I get this all airports wherever I am parked.

John

In mine, if I reload the same aircraft within FSX it doesn't load the turn around panel state, so it remains as it was before. The front door doesn't open and close for the second load either.

My Englisch no good. I think: Hydraulikpumpen on? Door go with Hydraulikpumpen! Mike

The doors in the sim open and close whether there is power or not.

Rolf,

My first answer was unintentionally misleading. I meant yes it was a default set up, not yes I'm using those addons. To confirm, I'm NOT using any addons such as FSCopilot or GSX. I don't have anything installed which would try and control the doors.

Kevin

For information, I did start the FSX once with a clean CFG and activated only the modules for the A318/A319, so no other add-ons and also no weather tool. Unfortunately, the result didn't change, the doors still do not respond as intended.

I had the same problem (TURN AROUNG state, DEF) and the left forward cabin door closed immediatley. Looked at the Custom2.abx file in the MyDocuments/Aerosoft/Airbus folder and changed the following values:

ASC_Exit_0=100.000000
ASC_Exit_1=100.000000
ASC_Exit_2=100.000000
ASC_Exit_3=100.000000

to

ASC_Exit_0=1.000000
ASC_Exit_1=1.000000
ASC_Exit_2=1.000000
ASC_Exit_3=1.000000

No idea what happend, but now the main door remains open as it should following activation of the TURN AROUND panel state.

Maybe Rolf can explain the meaning of these values in the Custom2.abx file

Tried the same thing, didn't work for me. I have tested also the user defined state and figured out that these ASC_Exit values are always 100 regardless if the doors are open or closed when saving the state. If these are really the values for the doors, then there is really a problem around.

Other values work as expected. I was so able to change the initial fuel quantity or the initial frequency set.

Tried the same thing, didn't work for me. I have tested also the user defined state and figured out that these ASC_Exit values are always 100 regardless if the doors are open or closed when saving the state. If these are really the values for the doors, then there is really a problem around.

Other values work as expected. I was so able to change the initial fuel quantity or the initial frequency set.

Modifying Custom2.abx stops the front left cabin door closing for me, but it doesn't open the other three which are supposed to be open in that state. Still, at least I now know what is initialising the FCU altitude to 5000 ft and can change it back to 100 ft. :)

In my user defined states the door variables are either 0 or 100 depending on whether they are open or closed. Seems to be a lot of variability in how files are being written and loaded on different systems.

On my PC the front left door is opened and stays open: that's fine enough for me! I can open the other doors myself. ;)

But you are using P3D and that is another issue we are still working on it - e. g. it is not fogotten ----

But you are using P3D and that is another issue we are still working on it - e. g. it is not fogotten ----

Ah, ok, good to know. ;)

• Deputy Sheriffs

Post 18 shows aerosoft in the pull down addons menu I do not have that - is that for the axe or am I suppose to have that with 138/319 loaded ? thank you

No, got nothing to do with the Airbus.

A bit late but the latest hot fix solved the problem on my PC with P3D 2.4 also! After loading the plane with the turn around state as default, the fours doors open one by one!

SHOOT!!! Suddenly, out of nowhere, just like that, ALL doors close AT ONCE as soon as I load the Turn around state. When the state is loaded, the front left door is opening but suddenly and INSTANTLY they close again!!! And no matter what I do, I can't open them anymore.

I've reinstalled the Airbus from scratch (the new full installer) after removing every trace of it but nothing helps!!! I am getting NUTS here! Spend all afternoon trying to get things to work and nothing helps. This obviously sucks badly... I was planning on doing a longer flight this afternoon but all I've done is troubleshooting...

What can I do OTHER than reinstalling everything to solve this??? Damn, sometimes I utterly HATE computers.

Solved... Turns out the doors closed because I was parked near a fuel station... seriously... After slewing some 50 meters away from that fuel station, the doors opened... seriously. That was one wasted sunday afternoon for nothing...

Somehow I suddenly remembered reading about this and sure enough, I just searched for and it was posted in this very same topic:

Just a question for Jonas - are you by any chance parked close to a fueling point? It's a standard (strange, but standard) behavior of both FSX and P3D that when you're parked at or near a fueling point, the main door will slam shut immediately after you open it. The cure is to move the aircraft away from the fueling point. Apologies if this doesn't apply to your case - just something to try. Hope it helps.

What an odd FSX/P3D bug that is!!!

Archived