Turn Around state and doors

tup61

I am working on a checklist that only shows mandatory steps for flying with the Airbus, using the Checklist but with the CP off. I am using the TURN AROUND STATE for this because it's the state most pilots find their Airbus in. Besides, I don't like to start from cold and dark. ;) However, I am running into various problems.

1. When I set the TURN AROUND state to DEF I can't use the checklists anymore the next time I start a flight! After fooling around with it for quite some time, I discovered I HAVE to set the COLD AND DARK state to DEF and then manually load the TURN AROUND state! That is the only way to get the COCKPIT PREP checklist available for activation!

2. The TURN AROUND state immediately closes the only open door there is! While there aren't any passengers on board yet and no cargo has been loaded! So after manually loading the TURN AROUND state I QUICKLY have to switch to the ACFT DOORS page to open all doors I need to load my pax, cargo and fuel. And I said QUICKLY because I have to do this BEFORE the flight attendant says all doors are closed otherwise I can't start the COCKPIT PREP anymore! (Afaik closing the doors is the trigger for the next checklist but since the first one hasn't been run yet, I can't activate any checklist anymore.)

3. When I have opened the doors in time (and reopened the FRONT LEFT door again) I want to load my pax, cargo and fuel. I prefer to do this NOT by using the loadsheet option because I plan my flights with PFPX and it's a chore to set the Airbus Fuel Planner to the needed values. So I enter the numbers manually. After that I prefer to use the real time loading option but then I run into the next problem: there already is some fuel on board and when I need LESS fuel, it won't load that lower number! The FUEL option keeps on blinking and the amount of fuel stays too high. So I am forced to use the INSTANT option: only that one immediately loads my desired amount of fuel.

All in all these little problems make the start of my checklist a mess LOL. I was wondering if I am doing something wrong or if there is indeed something wrong with the TURN AROUND state!

• Deputy Sheriffs

Hi Jeroen,

it clearly seems to me that something is wrong with your installation. I just checked it works perfectly as it should be and as you expected (Cockpit Prep CL and doors (4 of them) were open and stayed open). Or how do you load the plane? I still recommend that the DEF flight in the FSX FREE FLIGHT MENU is using an FSX standard plane. After the this menu has opened you can change to one of the A318/319 planes and then load it. Or to be more safe just load this FSX standard plane and then change to the A318/319 planes.

Regarding the FUEL deload function you are right - if I remember it right I confirm that there is such a problem but with aircrafts equipped with IAE engines only. For a lot of reasons until now we were not able to change this - but it is still on our list. But with the next SP release we will change the FOB value for the TurnAround state (from 4.100 to 2.400 kg) so that this problem will disappear on another way......

Regards,

Rolf

Thanks, Rolf. Totally forgot about the default plane etc. My default plane has been the A2A Cherokee for months now (since it was the only plane I flew in which case it is no problem) but now I also have the A318 I should indeed create a new default flight with one of the P3D planes (I left FSX ;) ). Thanks for the heads up!

Concerning the fuel not deloading: I am flying the Air France A318 CFM so it seems this problem also exists with CFM engines...? Changing it to 2.400 would solve this indeed because that's around the FOB you should have left at arrival.

Anyway, first thing tonight I will make sure I load P3D with a default P3D plane! I'll report back how it went.

You were right, Rolf! It was my fault completely. After creating a default flights with a default P3D plane, the automatic loading of the turn around state went perfectly fine! I now even created a new default flights specially for the Airbus and it works like a charm now! Thanks for getting me on the right track! ;)

I'm faced with the same problem that Jeroen described at number 2. Even though I have no issue with the checklist, the activation of the turn around state loads the aircraft only with the front left PAX door open, which closes then immediately.

As I would like to use that state as default, I set it def. But even if I reload the state, doesn't depend if the aircraft has been already in turn around state or any other state, all doors are closed except the one mentioned.

My system is FSX on Win7, I have done a reinstallation already according Rolfs proposal. And I always load the default cessna first and change the aircraft then. So far, I have not applied the hotfix on my reinstallation, but had 1c on the first installation before. The problem remains the same.

As I would like to use that state as default, I set it def. But even if I reload the state, doesn't depend if the aircraft has been already in turn around state or any other state, all doors are closed except the one mentioned.

Just to be clear: when you load the turn around state the front left door opens automatically: all other doors remain closed. Don't know if you expected them to be open too but that's not the case. However, if the front left door closes, as you describe, something is wrong indeed. Odd that a reinstall didn't help.

Just to be clear: when you load the turn around state the front left door opens automatically: all other doors remain closed. Don't know if you expected them to be open too but that's not the case. However, if the front left door closes, as you describe, something is wrong indeed. Odd that a reinstall didn't help.

Actually, I expected to open the 4 doors in turn around state. Even when this is not the case, the problem with the front left door remains, even after a reinstall.

• Deputy Sheriffs

Hi,

after loading the Turn Around state all 4 doors should be open (please see screenshot how the DOOR PAGE should look like).

post-30406-0-43446600-1412087777.jpg

I suggest when loading the state you should have a look from the outside to see what is going on e. g. if the doors maybe open and immediately close or if nothing happens at all.

Regards,

Hanse

OK, then my expectation was correct. Seems to be Jeroen's setup then is also still not working properly.

I did a check for you Hanse. Activating the turn around state causes the front left door to open and then close again. None of the other doors is moving.

Bummer... and now I have same problem again where only the front left is open and it closes after loading the state! The solution so far seems to be this: after the turn around state has been loaded, I have to open all doors (that need to be open). If I then load the turn around state again, all is fine: the doors stay open and the checklist works. Very odd all in all...

Later this week I will do a full reinstall of P3D (because of the 2.4 update): maybe that will solve the problem for good.

Just a question for Jonas - are you by any chance parked close to a fueling point? It's a standard (strange, but standard) behavior of both FSX and P3D that when you're parked at or near a fueling point, the main door will slam shut immediately after you open it. The cure is to move the aircraft away from the fueling point. Apologies if this doesn't apply to your case - just something to try. Hope it helps.

• Deputy Sheriffs

It seems to me that problem might be related to P3D. So please everybody who has this problem please tell me which system your are using FSX oder P3D!

Regards,

Rolf

are you by any chance parked close to a fueling point?

I'm parked at a gate at the terminal. The behaviour is also the same at other airports and other stands, even far away from the airport where for sure is no fueling point around.

I use FSX.

• Deputy Sheriffs

Hi Jonas, hi Jeroen,

now I am completely disturbed because I thought it maybe related to P3D. But now it seems because one of you is using FSX and the other P3D that there must be something else which causes the problem. So we must look somewhere else.

1. Please look into your FSX/P3D Settings / Controls / Button-Keys what keyboard commands are assigned to "Doors-select (open/close) - it should be SHIFT+E
  2. Please tell me all add-ons you are using with FSX/P3D - so maybe we find some identical programs
  3. Look into those programs if maybe SHIFT+E is also assigned to some other program

Regards,

Rolf

1. Door open/close is set to SHIFT+E, no other actions are assigned to this shortkey, also not in any add-ons

2. Add-on list is attached

3. I don't use this shortkey in any add-on

There is also to say that I'm using AXE without any similar problem.

post-85051-0-13932100-1412150016.jpg

I haven't changed the shortcuts so it's Shift-E for doors.

Addons are FTX Global, FTX Vector, FTX OpenLC and ASN. Another add on I use is PFPX but I don't have that one running during my flights. Only other add-on plane that I have installed is the A2A Cherokee 180. I also use Track IR 4 with TrackIR 5 software. Just as Jonas I don't use Shift-E with any other add ons, in fact, I never touch Shift-E for doors either.

As I posted before I was planning on doing a complete reinstall of P3D (2.4) as soon as ASN has released its update but I think that for testing purposes I will not wait until that moment: this evening I will install P3D 2.4 and after that I will FIRST install and test the Airbus (loading the turn around state and setting it as default). Without using TrackIR too btw, just to be sure. If all is well I will add all my add ons one by one and see if anything goes wrong at anytime.

While I am reinstalling things anyway, I might as well use this opportunity to test this. ;)

• Deputy Sheriffs

Jeroen,

please have a look into the following thread:

http://www.prepar3d.com/forum-5/?mingleforumaction=viewtopic&t=6929

It seems that P3D has some problems with doors.......

At least it seems that we found the problem related to P3D...... we are now looking for a solution to it.

Regards,

Rolf

At least it seems that we found the problem related to P3D...... we are now looking for a solution to it.

Good news! I just installed P3D 2.4 (full install) and after that I immediately installed the Airbus. When loading the turn around state the front left door was closed immediately again. So there indeed seems to be something not working well with P3D. I have to add though that now I can simply open the doors, start the checklist and it will enable the cockpit prep anyway! Before I reinstalled I had to quickly open the doors to get this done but that's not needed anymore.

So although it's not perfect and as it should be, it's workable right now. ;)

• Deputy Sheriffs

Hi Jonas,

I know that your problem is still open but the reasons for your issue are completely different. I have no more clue what might be the reasons except that another program interfers with the door setup in the A318/319 - because your are the only FSX user with this issue. But I will ask the developer again if he has any idea....... I am sorry.......

Regards,

Rolf

Rolf, Jonas is not the only FSX user with the problem. I have it too, started a thread yesterday and was redirected here.

I have Turnround State as my default, as I did with the Airbus Extended. When I load the A319 I see the Main Exit opening message then after a short delay it shows it is closing again. All doors then show closed on the ECAM synoptic.

Note, when I first installed the Airbus Extended (by then it was at its current version) I had the same problem, the main exit wouldn't stay open. I managed to get it working by creating a user state and then reverting to the turnround state. then I upgraded windows and had to reinstall and the problem came back and I couldn't fix it in te same way. Since installing the A318/319 the turnround state on the AXE opens the forward cargo door and the rear left cabin door.

Shift+E is mapped by default and operates the door properly. I'm surprised all the doors are meant to be open in this state, I thought it was main exit only, as per the AXE.

Any ideas on how I can sort these initialisations?

• Deputy Sheriffs

Kevin,

are you by the way also using some of the programs Jonas mentioned in his post #18? Please have a look because I want to exclude that maybe other programs are interfering with this function....

Regards,

Rolf

Archived