Subscription expired - so no activesky download?

Why, if my subscription expired to the pfpx servers, does the software now not download my Activesky Next (ASN) weather across my network?

What does ASN info from my fsx pc to the laptop with pfpx on it, have to do with the pfpx servers?

And since there is no option in ASN to save the current weather as a pfpx weather file (pwx), I now have no weather. In the year that I have owned this software I never once used the pfpx server for weather/winds aloft data.

I have the same issue.

Error message?

Image of ASN path.

Image of mode selected.

Network drive mapped?

There is no error message. When you switch to ASN weather it shows the Icon in the status bar for a few seconds and then it reverts back to the red cross indicating that there is no weather. Choosing ASN weather under options is not saved. As soon as the red cross in the status bar appears the selected option in the menu also dissapears.

The CFMU Validation also fails completely without and error message.

Further to what Farlis said:

You start up PFPX, everything is as normal. If you click on activesky as a weather source everything appears to be fine. You see the small omputer tower icon as normal.

As soon as you try to start working on a flight and you input the departure airport, you get the error message "Your PFPX server subscription has expired. Server download has been disabled". You then get red x's next to WX and Tracks. If you try to select Activesky as the weather source, the tower icon briefly appears and then back to red X's. And I mean come on srcooke, it's been working fine for a year while the subscription was valid, are you trying to insinuate that my setup is faulty now that my subscription has expired?

I don't see why I need to renew my subscription when I don't want access to their weather server and I believe that's all the subscription was supposed to have been for. They said that full functionality will be available just no access to their weather server. CFMU and my ASN are not part of their weather server.

And I quote from Christian Gill himself

"What if my subscription expires? If you elect NOT to extend the server subscription, PFPX will still be fully functional, but without real-time data such as Winds, METAR, TAF, Tracks and NOTAMs. Other sources, like ActiveSky and RealEnvironment Extreme and your saved weather data and tracks will still be functional! You can elect to extend your subscription at any time, even if it already has expired!"

Same problem here too !

The Activesky folder setup works correctly but the weather source selection resets to none whenever you actually try to use the Activesky connection (ie open a Flightplan).

CFMU validation doesn't work either.

Jean-Charles

Same here.

In addition:

When pointing PFPX to AS as the weather source, the METARs for departure and destination are actually loaded and displayed, but after a fraction of a second they are replaced by "No weather data available" again.

Server subscription check overshooting a bit, it seems...

In am getting the same problem with both REX and FSGRW. Only getting error "Server subscription ended" and can´t selext FSGRW neither REX.

I also made a ticket and waiting for response.

Very dissapointed lately with all problems from pfpx according version 1.15, not to mention the support and releasedates.

Just noticed CFMU validation also doesn´t work anymore. It´s getting worse and worse.

Rene

(Netherlands)

I've got the same issue and already asked the support for help four days ago but didn't get any answer yet, not even a confirmation of my query. What about adding another "PFPX xx days free server time" until the bug is fixed?

Archived