Before takeoff checklist not starting automatically?

tup61

Afaik all checklist (apart from the very first one) are started automatically at a certain point, depending on your position, situation, settings, etc. You can sometimes see a countdown timer on the right MCDU showing when the checklist will be started automatically.

I noticed however, with the CP set to OFF, that the BEFORE TAKEOFF checklist doesn't start by itself! I DO see a countdown timer (distance to runway holding point) but when I get there and the timer disappears, nothing happens and I have to start the checklist manually by clicking on the LSK.

Is this a bug...? With the CP enabled it DID start automatically and since other checklist also start by themselves, which is one of the great things about this, it seems to me this one should also autostart. Would be great if this could be fixed/changed because as I said, the autostart is very nice!

You need to press 1 during taxi to initiate before take off checklist. Try setting on info bar to see prompt.

I know about that option but I rather have the infobar off and the hotkeys too! I remember the checklist starting automatically with the CP on. And as I said, ALL other checklists (apart from the first one and engine start) do start automatically, so I really do think this is not how it should be. The timer also tells me it SHOULD start automatically. So I will call it a bug until Aerosoft says they did this on purpose for whatever reason. ;) Until then I will have to enable the checklist using the right MCDU...

The BEF T/O C/L used to be started automatically in the AAX ("Extended"), but this has been changed for the A318/319 and upcoming buses. Now it's either the hotkey mentioned by Scotlfieger, or a click in the right MCDU.

Any specific reason why this has been changed...? Isn't it more logical to enable it automatically when the times is done...? Since most other checklist start automatically, why doesn't this one anymore? Of course it's not a big deal but I like how the other checklist start automatically at the right moment: if possible I don't start any of them manually. ;)

• Deputy Sheriffs

There are a lot of reasons why the BEFORE TO CL does not start anymore automatically. Please have a look into the A320/321 support forum to follow the discussion. The main reason was in connection with "online flying" and that waiting at the RWY holding point the BEFORE TO CL was already finished e. g. LIGHTS = ON. This is not allowed in RW and to prevent this happening the BEFORE TO CL has to be started manually. But with the next SP release the whole procedure will be changed in that way that the BEFORE TO CL now can be manually started from the MCDU2 CL MENU just after the TAXI CL has been finished.

Regards,

Hanse

I also have this little issue with the checklist. It's working fine until "BEF. TAKEOFF" the it stops working.

I the takeoff and do what to do and the fly the airplane. When i reach the descent point and aktivate the decent procedure some time passes and the when the airplane is on "Approache" the pilots wakes up and take over the airplane as normal.. I don't do anything diffrent in the A319 as when i fly the A320.

So i am little stucked here :-)

Dennis

• Deputy Sheriffs

Dennis,

for the A318/319 a lot of things have been changed. It seems clear to me that the plane is not near the runway or runway holding point....... according to the NavDataPro DB (not FSX). So maybe there is a problem with your scenery or you are using the wrong runway.

Regards,

Rolf

Thanks for answer... I an using RW 22R in EKCH. IN the MCDU i was checking that is reallly was RW 22R. When i starting taxing in don't get the opportunity to choose key 1 for the "Bef takeoff" list. I am using Navgraph data for my nav? Could that be the reason?

Now i have tryed serval things:

Taxiing and takeoff from different runways

Taxiing with about 10 knots

It's still the same!

I got the taxiing checklist, but the"BEF TAKEOFF" checklist doesn't start after that and i the counter to holding point i not visibel (distance to runway holding point).

But the i sloved it:

In EKCH there is "extra" runway before the runway 22R and 4 taxiways to get there.

I used the taxiway A5 and then the
"BEF TAKEOFF" checklist became active..

Dennis

Archived