HD Textures

737MAX

• Deputy Sheriffs

No, and i think it wouldn't make much sense for a simple reason: Memory/VAS

FSX is a 32bit application and can only adress 4GB RAM. Sceneries and aircraft addons are more and more demanding and using more and more VAS bring you again closer to an OOM. And if you add 4k textures you must be aware that they use 16x the memory of the usual 1k textures. ;)

Whilst I agree with the VAS thing, if you're desperate, check out GoldStar textures. I believe he's managed to get 4096x4096 textures on the A318/9. Unsure if he's released anything yet.

• Aerosoft

Whilst I agree with the VAS thing, if you're desperate, check out GoldStar textures. I believe he's managed to get 4096x4096 textures on the A318/9. Unsure if he's released anything yet.

But serious, I tried these things and from a normal viewing distance you simply do not see the difference and you are still using four times the amount of memory. We'll stick to 1K and 2K textures until FSX is 64 bit.

But serious, I tried these things and from a normal viewing distance you simply do not see the difference and you are still using four times the amount of memory. We'll stick to 1K and 2K textures until FSX is 64 bit.

+1 very good decision

Good find Calzoom (GoldStar Textures). I`ll be requesting the A319 in Delta`s livery.

Archived