Decent rate

laokurt

What´s a normal decent rate for Airbus 320, when I set trans altitude to 5000 ft, I start to decent on TD, but when I reach the Trans high (normal) 5000ft, the altitudes is 7000ft, so what´s can be reason for for these problem.

Sorry, I have not explain me correct, I fly from A to B in Fl300, and before TD I have set Approach Page incl. 5000ft in transition altitude, and the same altitude in the panel, when I reach the decent point I press the altitude buttom and start decent, but when I reach the transition 5000ft point, the altitude is 7000ft instead 5000ft, so I wonder what I perhaps doing wrong, so what is decent rate in feet.

• Deputy Sheriffs

I think you are still messing some thing up: The ALT you dial in at T/D is usual the ALT given to you by ATC or, to make it simpler for now, the altitude where you cut the ILS glideslope.

TRANS ALT is the altitude where you switch from STD baro to the QNH. So there is no "position" of the TRANS ALT you have to reach.

Archived