Aerosoft Flight Recorder

Nick M

Hi All,

First post here but I'm a long time simmer and Aerosoft customer.

My most recent purchase was the wonderful Twin Otter Extended. One aspect of the add-on I particularly like is the 'Aerosoft Flight Recorder'. It's a great little tool and seems a bit overlooked - my thanks go to whoever's responsible for creating it!

What I'm wondering (as posted here on the the Avsim forums too) is whether it's possible for me to use it with other add-on aircraft which I own? I know a switch in the DHC-6 is used to turn on the recorder so would it be possible to accomplish the same thing with a little pop-up 2D gauge?

Cheers,

Nick

No support in the General forum. Moved to the Aircraft forum. ;)

Okay, thanks Herman. Not sure it's really a 'support' query as such as I have no problems using the flight recorder as intended with the Twin Otter. I just wondered if the developer – or any other gurus who hang-out here – had any suggestions as to how I could use it with some of my other add-ons. (I appreciate this may be impossible if the Twin Otter is coded specifically to work with the flight recorder.)

All the best,

Nick

• Deputy Sheriffs

Now that your question is in the most likely place for the kind of users you describe to find it, let's see if you get any helpful replies.

Here should be a helpfull reply.......

The Flightdatarecorder used on the Twin Otter is a light version of "FS FlightKeeper", which can be found here:

This will do the same and alot more than that and can be used universily on all aircraft.

Link to Shop page:

http://en.shop.aerosoft.com/eshop.php?action=article_detail&s_supplier_aid=10802&s_design=DEFAULT&shopfilter_category=Flight%20Simulation&s_language=english

Best regards

Finn

This will do the same and alot more than that and can be used universily on all aircraft.

Hi Finn. At first glance it looks like the list of logged items is a lot bigger in FS Flight Keeper. If I bought FSFK, would the Twin Otter data logger still respond to the cockpit switches but record these extra items? Or would I need to operate the FSFK logger through the ACARS gauge? And if the latter (you knew I was going to ask this), could I hook into that with Lvars and drive it from a custom panel?

Thanks!

Mark...

I´m really not sure how it works...

But acording to the Twin Otter manual "The Twin Otter Extended In FSX" page 8, You should be bale to use FS Flight Keeper to also read the Twin Otter logged data, even with more functionality.

Finn

Many thanks for the reply Finn. FS FlightKeeper does look like an interesting tool, though at €34.95 not sure I can justify it at the moment. However, it certainly reinforces what good value the Twin Otter was when I purchased it for around €10 less than FSFK!

As a new poster on the forums here, I'd just like to take this opportunity to thank you and everyone else involved in the development of the DHC-6. :)

Best regards,

Nick

Archived