Crew Announcement - Seat Belts - 10.000 feet

flightdeck

Just noticed a small glitch: A319 - Cabin Crew Sound activated - Seat Belts Sign ---> AUTO

Shortly after takeoff, as soon as the gear is retracted, the announcement comes:

"The captain has turned off the seat belts signs, you may now ..."

This announcement should only be triggered when passing 10.000 feest in AUTO mode

As mentioned before, just a small problem :-)

That's what the real Airbus will do if the captain leaves the switch in Auto... so why does this make it unrealistic? I don't quite understand that...

I'm not a real airbus pilot, but common practice as far as I am aware is that the seatbelt sign should be 'on' not auto, for takeoff and then auto/off when passing 10,000. The chime you hear after the gear coming up in the real airbus is the no smoking sign, which is usually on 'auto', and as said above is triggered on/off when in 'auto' when the gear is either up/down. Usually done to release cabin crew depending on the airlines SOPs.

If I may cjip in, the chime you hear when the gear is raised or lowered on the A320 fsmily is actually the emergency exit signs which are illuminated whrn the gear is lowered and extinguished once the gear is raised. This has nothing to do with the No Smoking or Seat Belt signs.

• Aerosoft

If I may cjip in, the chime you hear when the gear is raised or lowered on the A320 fsmily is actually the emergency exit signs which are illuminated whrn the gear is lowered and extinguished once the gear is raised. This has nothing to do with the No Smoking or Seat Belt signs.

Indeed.

This is true, but the chime happens too soon when the gear comes up. The wheels should be stowed away before the chime, not as soon as the lever is pulled up.

Archived