Checklist phase requirements

klamal

Hello,

Is it documented anywhere or is there any chance to get documentation in regards to what the requirements are for each phase of the Checklists to be "hit"? I am flying right now with both PF and PM checklist on and shortly after TOD, I get the call for the Approach checklist. I was still at FL360 when this call was made. I did just make an adjustment in my STAR and RWY for arrival as the weather had shifted from what I had originally entered. It seemed that shortly after that change, the pilots thought they were on Approach.

Anyway, even though I have both PF/PM checklists on, I don't just sit back and let them do all the work. I do try to do some of it myself and am wondering if maybe I'm putting the plane in a state that you guys aren't expecting without even knowing.

Thank you,

Kevin LaMal

• Deputy Sheriffs

Hi Kevin,

please have a look into the StepbyStep Tutorial (updated version available at http://forum.aerosoft.com/index.php?/topic/85575-new-updated-stepbystep-guide/) where all to be met conditions for the start of a checklist a clearly defined..... I only can assume that you were already near to the DECEL POINT e.g. you did not initiated descent at the right time.....

Regards,

Hanse

Hi Kevin,

please have a look into the StepbyStep Tutorial (updated version available at http://forum.aerosoft.com/index.php?/topic/85575-new-updated-stepbystep-guide/) where all to be met conditions for the start of a checklist a clearly defined..... I only can assume that you were already near to the DECEL POINT e.g. you did not initiated descent at the right time.....

Regards,

Hanse

Thank you Hanse...

Yep. The more I think about it now too and check the guide, I bet that was the case as when I switched my arrival, I went from a runway that would have flown me past the airport and turn around to land to a basically "straight in" approach. That would have meant my TOD, DECEL POINT, and everything shifted(and did). I just didn't put it all together at the time.

Thanks again - And, congrats on an unbelievable aircraft!!! Great job!!!

Archived