BEFORE TO CL - Runway Holding Point

colz99

hey folks,

as I do experience some crashes in the checklist sometimes , like it stops in the descent checklist or it doesnt load the before takeoff, even If all triggers are hit , would it be possible to add a feature to skip a checklist or better said to manually start a checklist? Like when my descent checklist crashes I can select the Approach checklist and they start right away.

Would be nice, and I do not mean to skip an Item, I do mean to skip the complete checklist

regards

Well hard to say, I'm atm doing my I think 8th flight, and I was flying out of cologne, so I taxied via A to Holding Point A2 RWY 32R and the taxi checklist was completed, but even when I stood on the runway it didnt wanted to load the before start checklist. And the other 3 times were that the descent checklist was green but even when I activated the Approach Phase he didnt wanted to load the Approach Checklist (I was approximately 15-20nm out of the airport). The pity is that I'm cruising atm and due to the before takeoff checklist not completed I don't have an after takeoff or climb checklist and so on.. Well hope that little bit of information helped.

regards

• Deputy Sheriffs

Hi,

please have a look into the StepbyStep Guide to see under which conditions the checklists are available. If you do not use the INFOBAR you also get no message that they are available. So please look into the MCDU2 CHECKLIST menu.......

BEFORE START CL (#148):

We are using to calculate that distance the NavDataPro DB which came with the A318/319. So maybe you are using the wrong runway or your scenery is not uptodate e. g. you are not near enough to the RWY-Holding Point according to the NavDataPro DB.

APPROACH CL (#234):

It might be the same issue e. g. your are not near enough to the calculated MCDU DECEL POINT......

Regards,

Hanse

The visual holding point for A2 in the airport scenery probably cannot be recognized as "close enough" to the departure end by default FSX. This is a limitation within the sim, where some offset (internal stuff) will only be changed within a restricted area of that departure end.

To be sure you can place the bus exactly on the piano keys and load the takeoff state. After some initialization and reconfiguring phase, the BEF T/O C/L should be ready to be started manually.

Ok then we got that one cleared, yes I could do that but not when I'm online flying I think LOL . I dont know, as I sometimes Skype during I do may miss sometimes something out of the descent checklist but it happened 3 times.. Well anyways, thanks for the support gents and have a nice evening :)

(Please note that part of this was erroneously posted to the wrong forum earlier, but based on the info contained within, I have updated it.)

All:

With the new Before Takeoff Checklist logic, you no longer see the countdown to when the Takeoff Checklist automatically begins (as in the original A320/A321). Because of this, you cannot manually start the Before Takeoff Checklist until you're close to the end of the runway. I understand this logic and the reasons behind it and how the old logic caused some problems for certain pilots with how it operated in the Aerosoft Airbus X A320/321. I fully understand why it was changed.

This is problematic if you wish to use a shortened takeoff run (for ATC reasons when flying online, to satisfy virtual airline requirements, or just to reduce taxi time). For instance, if you wished to take off from EHAM (AMS -- Amsterdam Schiphol) Runway 27 from the 18L intersection or the E6/N2 intersection, the Before Takeoff Checklist will not start if you press "1" and the option to manually force the Before Takeoff section in the Right MCDU's checklist page 1 is grayed out. There is nothing in the infobox at this time. I have not done extensive testing on this, but I first noticed it when taking off from EBBR (Brussels) Runway 1.

It would appear that this is a designed feature of the A318/A319 (as noted in posts 6 and 9) and it certainly isn't the largest of issues and I can work around it just fine now that I know about it. Is this something that can be changed (to allow for a manual start to the Before Takeoff checklist even when not near the runway start/threshold/holding point? I'd like to request it

Please note I'm using FSX SP2 with the A318 CFM (British Airways livery) during both these flights. Hotfix 1 is used. No other addons for Brussels, but I do have a freeware EHAM loaded that adds runway 18R/36L.

Thanks,

Caleb

PS: Thanks for all your hard work on the new CL system Hanse. It's worked great so far. I look forward to using it for more flying soon.

• Deputy Sheriffs

Hi Caleb,

thanks for the nice words and we will have a look into it ...... Giving the option to manually start the BEFORE TO CL just after the TXI CL has been finished......

Regards,

Hanse

Hi Caleb,

thanks for the nice words and we will have a look into it ...... Giving the option to manually start the BEFORE TO CL just after the TXI CL has been finished......

Regards,

Hanse

Hanse,

I truly appreciate it and I hope that others will find this feature as useful as I (especially when taking off from those long runways which are more than enough for a A318).

Best wishes,

• Deputy Sheriffs

With the next SP release starting conditions of the "BEFORE TO CL" will be changed e.g. it will be available for manual start in MCDU2 CL menu just after the TAXI CL has been finished......

Regards,

Hanse

Hi there,

I *think* I suffered the same problem yesterday in that the takeoff checklist would not activate. Is this caused by the same problem as the OP describes?

Here is a video of what happened. You can see initially the checklists are working then all of a sudden they stop.

Thanks

Hi,

I looked at your video and could find nothing unusual you did. The BEFORE TAKEOFF CL does not start automatically anymore - you have to start it in any case manually. Just after the TAXI CL has been finished the BEFORE TAKEOFF CL should become available (orange) in the MCDU 2 CL MENU. I suggest to use the INFOBAR because then you will see a message popping up on top of your screen.

• Do you have the same issue starting with other ACFT STATES like TAXI?
  • Did you also install HOTFIX 2 already?

If this is not the case on your system then the only reason I can think of is an installation problem. Deinstall the A318/319 using the Windows function and reinstall it again (with ADMIN rights).

Regards,

Rolf

Archived