---> Framerate issues, combination topic

Aerosoft Team [Inactive Account]

• Aerosoft

Gents we have been looking long and hard at the FPS issues a handful of people have. So far we have not been able to identify what exactly causes the issue. We know it is not related to hardware. Two users who had this issue have re-installed FSX and the Airbus + Hotfix and their problem was solved. So it was something incorrect in the old configuration or a conflict with another add-on.

As we have no way of recreating the issues (on our systems it all runs smoothly) we are forced to disable things and find out what cause it. Then we have to find out in the affected file what actually is happening. As you will understand it's not easy to do this without being able to do any test.

I propose to move the discussion completely to this topic so we have an overview. Please only post when you have something actually to add. "Me too" really does not add any information right.

Expect a few files here to test very soon.

• Replies 326
  • Created
  • Last Reply

First test,

ND WX Related code disabled.

Please replace the AB_ND_GDI.dll with the one in the zip.

AB_ND_GDI.zip

You can find the location of the dll in Microsoft Flight Simulator X\SimObjects\Airplanes\Aerosoft Airbus A318_A319 Base\Panel_Fallback\ND

Post your logs when reporting back, it can be found in: Documents\Aerosoft\Airbus\AB_ND_GDI.log

Second test,

Advanced engine simulation calculation optimized (most noticeable on IAE)

Please replace the Airbus_ECAMD2D.dll with the one in the zip.

Airbus_ECAMD2D.zip

You can find the location of the dll in Microsoft Flight Simulator X\SimObjects\Airplanes\Aerosoft Airbus A318_A319 Base\Panel_Fallback\

Report before and after frames.

Hotfixes posted are not thoroughly tested and MAY be prone to crashes, freezes of any sort. If you use a hotfix, please be aware of such possible issues and backup before installing - it will be sorted out with the next update.

Hello,

I'm happy to say, that using file provided above seems to solve problem for me. I use A319 + HF1, REX w/OD textures and ASN SP1 #5. On default AB_ND_GDI I had below 10 fps with ASN on and 30+ with default FS clear weather theme (cold and dark, so no WX radar operating). After replacing AB_ND_GDI.dll I get solid 30+ with ASN enabled and stormy weather. Note, that I didn't disable AS dll as suggested in another topic.

Requested log:

--------------------------------------------------------

Protocol of AB_ND_GDI.dll

company: aerosoft

file version: 1.3.0.28

start time of application : Thu Sep 25 16:34:54 2014

16:34:54 : INFO :File read successfully! Airports over all = 9479, airports with runway length >= 4200 ft = 6212 (filename:'G:\FSX\Aerosoft\Airbus_Fallback\NavdataPro\airports.txt')
16:34:54 : INFO :File read successfully! Navaids over all = 14018, NDBs = 6625, VORs and/or DMEs = 5949 (filename:'G:\FSX\Aerosoft\Airbus_Fallback\NavdataPro\navaids.txt')
16:34:55 : INFO :File read successfully! Waypoints over all = 244476, found intersections = 108796 (filename:'G:\FSX\Aerosoft\Airbus_Fallback\NavdataPro\navaids.txt')
16:34:55 : INFO :Opening SimConnect...
16:34:55 : INFO :SimConnect opened successfull...
16:36:11 : INFO :File read successfully! Filename: 'Aerosoft\Airbus_Fallback\TerrOnND\ASDBTerrOnND.dat'

Are we any closer to solving the mystery?

Regards,

EDIT: typo.

With new dll finally works good!!!! Fps are normal with ASN!

This log:

start time of application : Thu Sep 25 16:46:37 2014
16:46:37 : INFO :File read successfully! Airports over all = 9479, airports with runway length >= 4200 ft = 6212 (filename:'C:\FSX\Aerosoft\Airbus_Fallback\NavdataPro\airports.txt')
16:46:37 : INFO :File read successfully! Navaids over all = 14018, NDBs = 6625, VORs and/or DMEs = 5949 (filename:'C:\FSX\Aerosoft\Airbus_Fallback\NavdataPro\navaids.txt')
16:46:38 : INFO :File read successfully! Waypoints over all = 244476, found intersections = 108796 (filename:'C:\FSX\Aerosoft\Airbus_Fallback\NavdataPro\navaids.txt')
16:46:38 : INFO :Opening SimConnect...
16:46:38 : INFO :SimConnect opened successfull...
16:47:19 : INFO :File read successfully! Filename: 'Aerosoft\Airbus_Fallback\TerrOnND\ASDBTerrOnND.dat'

The same here, now it works like the A320, try with different weather settings in ASN an the bus works perfect.

Airport LFBO, ASN SP1, A319 IAE, Daylight, FSUIPC,EFB and UT2 are all working... same PC like yesterday...

About 26 - 36 FPS V:7-14%

start time of application : Thu Sep 25 17:12:53 2014

17:12:53 : INFO :File read successfully! Airports over all = 9479, airports with runway length >= 4200 ft = 6212 (filename:'D:\Microsoft Games\FSX\Aerosoft\Airbus_Fallback\NavdataPro\airports.txt')
17:12:53 : INFO :File read successfully! Navaids over all = 14018, NDBs = 6625, VORs and/or DMEs = 5949 (filename:'D:\Microsoft Games\FSX\Aerosoft\Airbus_Fallback\NavdataPro\navaids.txt')
17:12:54 : INFO :File read successfully! Waypoints over all = 244476, found intersections = 108796 (filename:'D:\Microsoft Games\FSX\Aerosoft\Airbus_Fallback\NavdataPro\navaids.txt')
17:12:54 : INFO :Opening SimConnect...
17:12:54 : INFO :SimConnect opened successfull...
17:14:21 : INFO :File read successfully! Filename: 'Aerosoft\Airbus_Fallback\TerrOnND\ASDBTerrOnND.dat'

If i anderstand right, now the WX Radar ist out of work right?

post-36337-0-08279800-1411658192.jpg

Sven

Oh one more thing : I am so Happy... :excellenttext_s:

• Aerosoft

...one question...

What the difference between "old" dll?

The WX is disabled. So the issue can now be tracked back to an issue between the reading of the weather and the weather on some users systems. Best report what you use (or if you don't use anything).

Hello, this also works for me and now frames are "decent".

start time of application : Thu Sep 25 17:32:56 2014

17:32:56 : INFO :File read successfully! Airports over all = 9479, airports with runway length >= 4200 ft = 6212 (filename:'E:\Program Files (x86)\Lockheed Martin\Prepar3D v2\Aerosoft\Airbus_Fallback\NavdataPro\airports.txt')
17:32:56 : INFO :File read successfully! Navaids over all = 14018, NDBs = 6625, VORs and/or DMEs = 5949 (filename:'E:\Program Files (x86)\Lockheed Martin\Prepar3D v2\Aerosoft\Airbus_Fallback\NavdataPro\navaids.txt')
17:32:56 : INFO :File read successfully! Waypoints over all = 244476, found intersections = 108796 (filename:'E:\Program Files (x86)\Lockheed Martin\Prepar3D v2\Aerosoft\Airbus_Fallback\NavdataPro\navaids.txt')
17:32:56 : INFO :Opening SimConnect...
17:32:56 : INFO :SimConnect opened successfull...
17:32:59 : INFO :File read successfully! Filename: 'Aerosoft\Airbus_Fallback\TerrOnND\ASDBTerrOnND.dat'
17:38:38 : INFO :SimConnect closed successfull
17:38:38 : INFO :Normal termination: Application is closing now!

I made also a little benchmark few days ago testing performance in "Stormy weather" (P3D 2.3 theme) with both WX on and off and i repeated it today with this .dll and this are the results.

1E9LIy.jpg

Hi,

It's working too for me with this dll... but I notice when I'm cruise altitude core temperature are higher with this plane than the other like A320 for example and not 1-2° degree more but almost 10°!!!

I stress for my oc temperature....It's like a session of "prime" or "occt" to test your overclocked.

Is it normal?

Christian

• Aerosoft

Hi,

It's working too for me with this dll... but I notice when I'm cruise altitude core temperature are higher with this plane than the other like A320 for example and not 1-2° degree more but almost 10°!!!

I stress for my oc temperature....It's like a session of "prime" or "occt" to test your overclocked.

Is it normal?

Christian

That seems highly abnormal. Of course you would see it easily in the Windows Performance tool. With an increase like that you must see way way more CPU core activity.

That seems highly abnormal. Of course you would see it easily in the Windows Performance tool. With an increase like that you must see way way more CPU core activity.

Hi,

Yes it's strange my fps are normal by the way if I didn't watch at my core temp I would not notice that....

Christian

I tried this fix as well, but still have stutters and inconsistent fps (23-25 25-29) etc. While comparing with other ac (NGX) No stutters and 30 fps locked at UK2000 EGKK. Any ideas Mathijs?

Possibility to adjust the ND-Refreshrate would be very important tweak to reduce stutters.

Simply to check what I mean: fly over low terrain with a complex flightplan loaded and then set ND from Arc to Plan Mode. So, the stutters are away! Back to Arc the stutters are here.

I wasn't going to say anything about the frame rate and smoothness as I thought it was just my system to be honest. Anyway I've applied the AB_ND_GDI.dll and the other one that is here on the forums and all I can say is what a difference these have made, like flying a new plane! No more pauses and the hard drive lights flashing for about 2mins, this was happening every two minutes that it made the plane not usable. Now great stuff, love it.

Many Thanks for the quickness of everyone response and support, first class as always

Thanks

Clive

nearly forgot will we get the weather radar back?

Here's my Log

otocol of AB_ND_GDI.dll
start time of application : Thu Sep 25 20:21:11 2014
20:21:12 : INFO :File read successfully! Airports over all = 9479, airports with runway length >= 4200 ft = 6212 (filename:'C:\fsx\Aerosoft\Airbus_Fallback\NavdataPro\airports.txt')
20:21:12 : INFO :File read successfully! Navaids over all = 14018, NDBs = 6625, VORs and/or DMEs = 5949 (filename:'C:\fsx\Aerosoft\Airbus_Fallback\NavdataPro\navaids.txt')
20:21:13 : INFO :File read successfully! Waypoints over all = 244476, found intersections = 108796 (filename:'C:\fsx\Aerosoft\Airbus_Fallback\NavdataPro\navaids.txt')
20:21:13 : INFO :Opening SimConnect...
20:21:13 : INFO :SimConnect opened successfull...
20:31:49 : INFO :File read successfully! Filename: 'Aerosoft\Airbus_Fallback\TerrOnND\ASDBTerrOnND.dat'
21:28:55 : INFO :SimConnect closed successfull
21:28:55 : INFO :Normal termination: Application is closing now!

Thanks for providing the temporary "fix" Joshua. I've experienced low FPS too, but by and large, the single most important factor lowering my FPS has been the framerate locker. Unlocking the framerate gained me between 10-12 fps (so from 15-18 fps, I am now seeing 25-30 fps in the VC, while flying over FTX EU England, with Active Sky on).

Check CPU load. It might give us some new info.

Hi,

How can I do this? I see my cpu load but I don t know what you want exactly. ...

Can you explain me a little more

Thank you

Christian

First test,

ND WX Related code disabled.

Please replace the AB_ND_GDI.dll with the one in the zip.

attachicon.gifAB_ND_GDI.zip

You can find the location of the dll in Microsoft Flight Simulator X\SimObjects\Airplanes\Aerosoft Airbus A318_A319 Base\Panel_Fallback\ND

Post your logs when reporting back, it can be found in: Documents\Aerosoft\Airbus\AB_ND_GDI.log

Here are my results:

FPS "normal" now no more Framedrops. BUT when I´m turning on the WXR (which is disabled I thought) it again gives me a dramatically frame drop of more than 50%! ! In my test I noticed a drop down from 40fps to 17fps after turning on the WXR.

Logfile:

For those who have this framedrop problems and for those who are not sure if they have it. Do testing with the FSX theme "gray and rainy". Somestimes when flying with ASN generated weather the problem is not noticeable on higher performance pc systems (in my case 4,6GHz cpu) as the weahter is not so bad and the high performance systems compensate the issue which is of course still present.

edit:

I also have P3D 2.3 which is compared to my FSX very clean (only a few sceneries installed) However, same scenery (GAP EDDG RWY25), ASN Beta 5 with same settings and also the "gray and rainy" theme loaded. NO PROBLEMS there!

You see me confused ...

Good night!

Hi Joshua,

I saw a very dramatic increase in frame rates, after using this test DLL. In fact, flying from UK2000 Gatwick, the FPS from the A319 were higher than I've seen in any complex add-on (including the very lean Majestic Q400). Before this test DLL, I was getting around 21 FPS average in this scenario, and with the test DLL applied, I am seeing around 40 FPS average (both unlocked values - the A318/9 certainly seems to prefer 'unlocked').

For info I am using OpusFSX for weather.

Here is my log :-

start time of application : Thu Sep 25 20:36:40 2014
20:36:40 : INFO :File read successfully! Airports over all = 9479, airports with runway length >= 4200 ft = 6212 (filename:'C:\Program Files (x86)\Microsoft Games\Microsoft Flight Simulator X\Aerosoft\Airbus_Fallback\NavdataPro\airports.txt')
20:36:40 : INFO :File read successfully! Navaids over all = 14018, NDBs = 6625, VORs and/or DMEs = 5949 (filename:'C:\Program Files (x86)\Microsoft Games\Microsoft Flight Simulator X\Aerosoft\Airbus_Fallback\NavdataPro\navaids.txt')
20:36:41 : INFO :File read successfully! Waypoints over all = 244476, found intersections = 108796 (filename:'C:\Program Files (x86)\Microsoft Games\Microsoft Flight Simulator X\Aerosoft\Airbus_Fallback\NavdataPro\navaids.txt')
20:36:41 : INFO :Opening SimConnect...
20:36:41 : INFO :SimConnect opened successfull...
20:39:53 : INFO :File read successfully! Filename: 'Aerosoft\Airbus_Fallback\TerrOnND\ASDBTerrOnND.dat'

Ok gents, thank you for your reports, we are working on it.... In the mean time, you can continue to use the files.

Just a little background for those who want to know what happened:
The ND provides WXR information that is scanned once in a while to detect for any St Elmos conditions even when the WXR is off, however, it seems the performance impact is very severe on some systems for this passive scanning. In this dll, that passive scanning is disabled BUT when you switch on the WXR manually, your WXR will still work.

I would appreciate more log files from users who turn on the WXR manually with this dll just to collect information on the scanning.

Archived