Sound when boarding ?

Christophe M

Hi Christophe,

in the real aircraft you hardly hear the boarding at all in the cockpit. The cooling fans are much to loud to hear anything from the back in the cockpit. And honestly boarding isn't as loud as it is in GSX for example.

Guru has been removed from our team, but I think that we already have some sound effects for that stage.

Mmm... Curious, because i have no sounds during the boarding process...

My sound settings are : CABIN CREW --> ON // FLIGHT CREW --> OFF // ATC --> OFF // ENH GPWS --> ON

Will investigate ;-)

Regards.

Hi Christophe,

in the real aircraft you hardly hear the boarding at all in the cockpit. The cooling fans are much to loud to hear anything from the back in the cockpit. And honestly boarding isn't as loud as it is in GSX for example.

Hi Emanuel,

Thank you for your reply.

Yes, you are probably right, but, each time i take the plane, i see that the cockpit door is often opened... So, it can be "cool" to add such features ;-)

Regards.

Mmm... Curious, because i have no sounds during the boarding process...

My sound settings are : CABIN CREW --> ON // FLIGHT CREW --> OFF // ATC --> OFF // ENH GPWS --> ON

Will investigate ;-)

Regards.

I think Mathijs meant to say they already have some sounds lying around somewhere for this but they didn't implement them yet. And since Guru is gone, this may take a bit longer to implement (if it's indeed needed/wanted/desired).

Hi Emanuel,

Thank you for your reply.

Yes, you are probably right, but, each time i take the plane, i see that the cockpit door is often opened... So, it can be "cool" to add such features ;-)

Regards.

Yeah, but even with the door open you hardly hear it at all. Next time you board an Airbus ask if could visit the cockpit and listen if you hear any boardingsounds. You won't hear it at all, the avioniccoolingfans are much to loud!

Still, we are dealing with a simulation taking place on a flat screen PC, so many aspects aren't stricly 'realistic', however they can add to the overall immersion. At present in FSX / P3D we never hear any passengers. We effectively (from an audio perspective) fly around 'empty'.

So boarding sounds, while it may be true cannot be heard from the cockpit, would add the immersion of knowing (or sounding) that we have some passengers getting on board.

Archived