Frozen Next Waypoint on ND

Scotflieger

I've broken it again! Sorry!

While doing some LINDA A318/319 testing I selected manual HDG and left the planned route. I noticed that the Next/Active Waypoint (in top RH corner) remained at NUGRA even when I selected direct to a subsequent waypoint (SOPIT). I was able, this time, to remove the F-PLN Discontinuity on the MCDU(L) but a gap remained on the ND display where I would expect a line to be drawn between BNN and ILL75. No DECEL symbol was drawn.

Autopilot steering was correct throughout, reacquiring the route at the entered Direct SOPIT and onward to the airport.

Steering to SOPIT - no line between BNN and ILL75 and no DECEL symbol.

post-103067-0-09866000-1414685405_thumb.

Back on route - no line between BNN and ILL75 and no DECEL symbol.

post-103067-0-21487000-1414685402_thumb.

MCDU(L) showing F-PLN Discontinuity cleared after BNN

post-103067-0-28965300-1414685400_thumb.

HF1.12c installed.

Route - EGPH - GOSAM P600 FENIK UN615 LAKEY DCT NUGRA - STAR BNN1B - EGLL

• 2 weeks later...

Hello everyone,

If i may add something to the discussion here,

I had the same "waypoint freeze issue" on two flights now, (I'm using the Airbus A319 and it occured once on 1.00 and once on the 1.10 hotfix)

What I observed was that the upper ECAM was telling me that IR was not aligned.

The MCDU was not telling me to reset IRS to Nav. So, i tried to reset the IRS mid-flight, turned ADIRS off, waited a moment, turned it back on. Again Ecam (IR not Aligned) the MCDU said "reset IRS to NAV) so i tried that but nothing happened. I turned ADIRS off and on again (ECAM IR not alignd) but no MCDU message about it.

Perhaps this adds something to the solving-process

I had this same issue on a flight last night KFLL-SKBO in the A319. I had a frozen waypoint in the ND, but the aircraft continued to follow the route. Another issue that I believe is related is the issue of not being able to enter STARs and arrival runways, which happened to me on this same flight as well. I had to manually direct myself after the last waypoint I entered before the flight. The checklists also stopped working once I initiated the descent, so there was no approach checklist etc.

I have a couple screenshots below:

- One shows the next waypoint on the ND showing to be 700 miles + in the wrong way

- Another shows the no arrivals into SKBO

- And another issue is that the MCDU would not give me estimated arrival times, all I got was negative numbers

Thanks,

Max

post-119983-0-03817200-1416067995_thumb.

post-119983-0-84092800-1416068074_thumb.

post-119983-0-41463100-1416068101_thumb.

• 1 month later...
  • 2 weeks later...

I, too, am having this issue. I had it yesterday when I flew SLC-PHX and I had it again just now when I flew JAC-MSP.

My route was KJAC ALPIN1 KICNE CZI J32 DPR J34 RWF SKETR5 KMSP.

Shortly after takeoff I was cleared direct RWF. As I got closer to MSP I was assigned a different runway, but I was unable to change it like the people above me. After passing RWF I noticed the issue has arisen again. The mileage from RWF began to increase and the plane continued to fly the SKETR5 arrival but I was unable able to use the ND for situation awareness as I was vectored to the ILS. The FMGS, unlike the ND, continued to work like normal with the exception of that fact that I could not update my arrival runway.

I did not have FMGS logging enabled but I will enable it so that I can post it here next time it happens.

The attached screenshot shows the ND malfunctioning while the FMGS continues to update the waypoints like normal. post-76409-0-08679400-1419810162_thumb.p

Archived