---> Black Screen and Side Stick not working <---

Joshua Che.

Gentlemen,

There is a spike of such issue relating to P3DV2 and SimConnect. This is probably a result of P3D not installing SimConnect properly OR removing FSX after installing P3DV2.

SimConnect.zip

Fortunately, the workaround is simple:

Download and install all three msi packages and restart.

• 10 months later...

There is a message which I don't like while running the SimConnectInstall3 msi

Any ideas on the DLL not running?

My A320 installation in Prepar3Dv2 is completed but the screens, panel, MCDU1, and many others are not functional.

Cold and dark state cannot be selected as MCDU2 partially operates

Please login to display this image.

• Deputy Sheriffs

Just checked it you can not run the msi package as Administrator.

Can you please check in the Windows eventviewer if there is a specific error code. Most common for this kind of error is the the WIndows MSI Installer is broken. You can reinstall it from Microsofts website:

http://www.microsoft.com/en-us/download/details.aspx?displaylang=en&id=8483

Just checked it you can not run the msi package as Administrator.

Can you please check in the Windows eventviewer if there is a specific error code. Most common for this kind of error is the the WIndows MSI Installer is broken. You can reinstall it from Microsofts website:

http://www.microsoft.com/en-us/download/details.aspx?displaylang=en&id=8483

There are many files over there. Which specific?

From the Windows administrative events, I discovered that:

Log Name:      Application
Source:        MsiInstaller
Date:          18-Aug-15 19:02:50
Event ID:      11723
Task Category: None
Level:         Error
Keywords:      Classic
User:          GAMING-PC\Nektarios
Computer:      gaming-pc
Description:
Product: Microsoft Flight Simulator SimConnect Client v10.0.60905.0 -- Error 1723. There is a problem with this Windows Installer package. A DLL required for this install to complete could not be run. Contact your support personnel or package vendor.  Action EulaDialog, entry: SetupEulaCustomAction, library: C:\windows\Installer\MSI7B0B.tmp
Event Xml:
<Event xmlns="http://schemas.microsoft.com/win/2004/08/events/event">
  <System>
    <Provider Name="MsiInstaller" />
    <EventID Qualifiers="0">11723</EventID>
    <Level>2</Level>
    <Task>0</Task>
    <Keywords>0x80000000000000</Keywords>
    <TimeCreated SystemTime="2015-08-18T16:02:50.000000000Z" />
    <EventRecordID>7442</EventRecordID>
    <Channel>Application</Channel>
    <Computer>gaming-pc</Computer>
    <Security UserID="S-1-5-21-3815374745-3655322685-2186525827-1002" />
  </System>
  <EventData>
    <Data>Product: Microsoft Flight Simulator SimConnect Client v10.0.60905.0 -- Error 1723. There is a problem with this Windows Installer package. A DLL required for this install to complete could not be run. Contact your support personnel or package vendor.  Action EulaDialog, entry: SetupEulaCustomAction, library: C:\windows\Installer\MSI7B0B.tmp </Data>
    <Data>(NULL)</Data>
    <Data>(NULL)</Data>
    <Data>(NULL)</Data>
    <Data>(NULL)</Data>
    <Data>(NULL)</Data>
    <Data>
    </Data>
    <Binary>7B44314143394230422D323732372D343831312D393144432D3146433343344534374139427D</Binary>
  </EventData>
</Event>

There is another one

Source:        SideBySide
Date:          18-Aug-15 17:10:50
Event ID:      33
User:          N/A
Description:
Activation context generation failed for "C:\Lockheed Martin\Prepar3D v2\aerosoft\Airbus A320_A321\AirbusXConnectExtended.exe". Dependent Assembly Microsoft.VC80.MFC,processorArchitecture="x86",publicKeyToken="1fc8b3b9a1e18e3b",type="win32",version="8.0.50727.762" could not be found. Please use sxstrace.exe for detailed diagnosis.
Event Xml:
<Event xmlns="http://schemas.microsoft.com/win/2004/08/events/event">
  <System>
    <Provider Name="SideBySide" />
    <EventID Qualifiers="49409">33</EventID>
    <Level>2</Level>
    <Task>0</Task>
    <Keywords>0x80000000000000</Keywords>
    <TimeCreated SystemTime="2015-08-18T14:10:50.000000000Z" />
    <EventRecordID>7390</EventRecordID>
    <Channel>Application</Channel>
    <Computer>gaming-pc</Computer>
    <Security />
  </System>
  <EventData>
    <Data>Microsoft.VC80.MFC,processorArchitecture="x86",publicKeyToken="1fc8b3b9a1e18e3b",type="win32",version="8.0.50727.762"</Data>
    <Data>
    </Data>
    <Data>
    </Data>
    <Data>
    </Data>
    <Data>
    </Data>
    <Data>
    </Data>
    <Data>
    </Data>
    <Data>
    </Data>
    <Data>
    </Data>
    <Data>
    </Data>
    <Data>C:\Lockheed Martin\Prepar3D v2\aerosoft\Airbus A320_A321\AirbusXConnectExtended.exe</Data>
    <Data>
    </Data>
    <Data>
    </Data>
    <Data>
    </Data>
    <Data>
    </Data>
    <Data>
    </Data>
    <Data>
    </Data>
    <Data>
    </Data>
    <Data>
    </Data>
    <Data>
    </Data>
  </EventData>
</Event>

In order to avoid posting and confusion, I found dozen and dozen of Application errors mainly for DLL like:

Source:        SideBySide
Date:          18-Aug-15 02:35:45
Event ID:      33
User:          N/A
Description:
Activation context generation failed for "C:\Lockheed Martin\Prepar3D v2\SimObjects\Airplanes\Aerosoft Airbus A320_A321 Base\Panel_Fallback\Airbus_ECAMD2D.dll". Dependent Assembly Microsoft.FlightSimulator.SimConnect,processorArchitecture="x86",publicKeyToken="67c7c14424d61b5b",type="win32",version="10.0.61259.0" could not be found. Please use sxstrace.exe for detailed diagnosis.

• Deputy Sheriffs

There is indeed a big problem on your PC. To me it looks like antivirussoftware has killed many dlls. Type "error 1723" in google search and you will see many reprts about that. Most lead to my suggestion from above to reinstall the MSI package.

There is indeed a big problem on your PC. To me it looks like antivirussoftware has killed many dlls. Type "error 1723" in google search and you will see many reprts about that. Most lead to my suggestion from above to reinstall the MSI package.

First of all, many thanks for the time you are devoting on this issue. I tried to install the MSI with no luck. Many errors and platform incompatibilities. 

Whenever I'm administering installations like the above, the antivirus is always deactivated, the app is selected to run as Administrator and the Windows UAC is off. Therefore, the antivirus killing it's out of the equation, as I re-installed twice the A320.

My PC is brand new (days) and nothing else is installed but the Prepar3Dv2, couple of FlyTampa sceneries and the Aerosoft A320/321.

I'm not sure what or who created this mess. I'm suspecting that Aerosoft relied on windows files from the past decade, as the packages themselves. Of course, the same applies for Lokheed Martin regarding the Prepar3Dv2. Nevertheless, the simulator is running exceptionally well in my PC and I believe that the ball now is in the Aerosoft's and LM field.

As I'm rookie to all this, I have spent valuable time inefficiently. Next step?

• 2 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...

Hello,

I am having a similar problem with blank gauges and difficulties with simconnect. I've so far performed a reinstall of FSX, SP1, and SP2, and I've used the 3 SimConnect installation files linked above, restarting the computer inbetween each one, and still am having issues with my Airbus. Attached is a screenshot showing the results in the sim.

Best,

Matthew Scott

• 3 weeks later...
  • 5 weeks later...

Help Help Help ; installed Airbus A318/319 1.31 version , and everything ok works goods. If i install VRinsight FCU-Combo Airbus Type and start flight PFD appear dark ; somebody could help me to solve the problem. I have seen on Vrisinght website and i installed the last version of program but problem continue.! Waiting for answer. Thanks.

• Deputy Sheriffs

Hello Francesco,

please open your own topic for your problem, as it is not related to the one being handled in this topic. Your problem is obviously caused by another 3rd party product.

• 2 months later...

I'm having the same problems as the original post - Simconnect won't install from inside p3d v2.5... Does using this zip file and the installers work?  I just bought the Airbus packages yesterday and couldn't get them to work all day..

Ed

• Deputy Sheriffs

So you are saying your bus is working now?

If not, what kept the msi files included in P3D kept from starting? Did you get any error messages? 

It's not working - I get the exact same state as the picture in the first post... Unfortunately, I didn't find this post until after I stopped trying to fix it...

I did a search of my programs, and Simconnect is not installed on my computer.  I have tried repeatedly to install it with the installers included in P3D, and I only get a brief flash of the installer box on the screen, and nothing else.

I am out of town working all week, but I will try the installers above and the MS update for the MSI next Sat/Sun once I get home...

Any other ideas are appreciated.

Ed

• Deputy Sheriffs

You need to install this SimConnect package from your P3D installation:

• P3D Mainfolder\redist\Interface\FSX-SP2-XPACK\retail\lib\SimConnect.msi

It is ok not to get any window showing up. That's normal.

While having installed the bus, have you started the installer as administrator and have you disabled your anti virus software during installation?

BTW: the first post in this topic does not contain any picture ;) 

That's where I was trying to repeatedly install Simconnect from... Is there any other way to tell if it is successfully installed?  It doesn't show up in P3D under add-ons either. And like I said previous, I can't find it on my computer installed anywhere..

i did use "run as admin" when installing and I do believe anti-virus was off.. Might be worth uninstalling and re-installing just to make sure. Out of curiosity, do anti-virus scanners have a tendency to quartine files from the installer? Maybe an uninstall/re-install will be my first step when I get home on the weekend..

I guess I was seeing things in the first post.. Lol... Second post 

• Deputy Sheriffs

There is no place to check, if SimConnect is installed or not. The installer simply copies some files and that's it. It doesn't show up in any list or menu.

If SimConnect doesn't fix the problem, you should try to install/update all VC++ Redistributable packages on your computer. You need all of them: 2005, 2008, 2010, 2012, 2013, 2015, the 32bit and 64bit packages each. You can get them directly from the Microsoft webpage:

Even if you have already one or more of them installed on your machine, install them again!

Additionally you should check your .Net Runtime installation using the following tool:

Excellent advice - I'll try those updates first when I get home on the weekend and I'll report back... 

I forgot to state early, I am using Windows 8.1, in case that matters, and exceed all minimum specs for p3d and the Airbus... I have P3D installed in the default "programs(x86") drive.. Not sure if that matters, or is it better to install it to the c: root drive? 

I also notice that that the Connected Flightdeck program that installed with both Airbus packages does not work - it gives an error when I click on it in the program menu - could that be a sign of missing files or errors with the install?  Can't remenber exactly what the error message says off hand...

Ed

Archived