ACJ's auxiliary fuel tanks

Kevin Lee

Hello guys,

ACJ seems able to carry 6 auxiliary fuel tanks into its cargo component in order to extend its operation range.

It is not a easy task but is there any change we can have this feature on this product later on?

Cheers,

Kevin

You can create "extra tanks"yourself. I know it's not very accurate and it shows all the extra fuel quantity in the central tank when you check on the ECAM. If you are ok with that, it's a good alternative. I did it with the A320 Extended (Got the volume of the extra tanks on the Airbus website and added it to the Aircraft.cfg, based on the original central tank position, although, moving a little bit on the longitudinal line) and it works PERFECTLY. No issue with Weight and Balance or aircraft behavior. If you want to simulate and fly intercontinental flights with the bus, it's a good solution. I do it every time.

Whenever I have time, I'll do it with my A318.

You can create "extra tanks"yourself. I know it's not very accurate and it shows all the extra fuel quantity in the central tank when you check on the ECAM. If you are ok with that, it's a good alternative. I did it with the A320 Extended (Got the volume of the extra tanks on the Airbus website and added it to the Aircraft.cfg, based on the original central tank position, although, moving a little bit on the longitudinal line) and it works PERFECTLY. No issue with Weight and Balance or aircraft behavior. If you want to simulate and fly intercontinental flights with the bus, it's a good solution. I do it every time.

Whenever I have time, I'll do it with my A318.

Would you mind walking me through how to do that step-by-step, including the actual fuel values for the A318/A319? I'm a bit confused on what exactly to edit in the aircraft.cfg. And also, adding extra fuel capacity doesn't cause any issue with needing more speed for departure or being overweight there either? Look forward to hearing back!

Thanks for your help!

Hi Mathijs,

Regarding the A320, I promise you. Never had ANY single trouble ! It still flies very solid and I can do for example, Lisbon - São Paulo (My home town), following the proper flight steps. I've been Flying my mutant ACJ for a long time and it's perfect. No imbalance or different behavior. I haven't done yet with the 318/19 but whenever the service packs come, I'll certainly do. Unfortunately for me, the 18/19 are still not working fully ok. So I'm still very loyal to my favorite AXE 320/321.

I even use the "demonstrator" livery as my ACJ :)

By the way, Mathijs, should I give him the CFG contact points for the extra fuel using a PM or could I post it here ?

Thanks !

Hi Mathijs,

Regarding the A320, I promise you. Never had ANY single trouble ! It still flies very solid and I can do for example, Lisbon - São Paulo (My home town), following the proper flight steps. I've been Flying my mutant ACJ for a long time and it's perfect. No imbalance or different behavior. I haven't done yet with the 318/19 but whenever the service packs come, I'll certainly do. Unfortunately for me, the 18/19 are still not working fully ok. So I'm still very loyal to my favorite AXE 320/321.

I even use the "demonstrator" livery as my ACJ :)

By the way, Mathijs, should I give him the CFG contact points for the extra fuel using a PM or could I post it here ?

Thanks !

A PM will work for me if it's not too much trouble, outlining what exactly to edit to what to get your exact aircraft that you says works really well. Just know I'll be doing it on the A319 then the A320/A321 later on when it's released.

And do you think there will be an issue in the A319, or should that also be fine? It also looks like the actual fuel amount is different in the A319 ACJ compared to the others in the family, can you provide me with the proper way to input that for the A319?

A319

with 6 ACTs 40,990litres/with 6 ACTs 10,830USG

A320

with 2 ACTs 30,190litres/with 2 ACTs 7,980USG

>> Which way did you set yours up? What would be the proper way to set up the A319 in this format?

I'm not sure if copying and paste the A320, .cfg fuel specs will work with the A319 since it's not the same lenght and hence, different contact points.

I also changed the default payload. Obviously, we cannot configure the bus with the ACJ full fuel capacity plus the regular passenger version full payload capacity. :chairfall_s:

I'm not sure if copying and paste the A320, .cfg fuel specs will work with the A319 since it's not the same lenght and hence, different contact points.

I also changed the default payload. Obviously, we cannot configure the bus with the ACJ full fuel capacity plus the regular passenger version full payload capacity. :chairfall_s:

Well, can you guide me through how you changed the cfg at least, such as where in the physical cfg you made edits? I can try to figure it out from there. And tell me how you edited the payload down too.

Well, can you guide me through how you changed the cfg at least, such as where in the physical cfg you made edits? I can try to figure it out from there. And tell me how you edited the payload down too.

Nevermind, it's too difficult, and it causes negative performance effects on my plane. I'm at 22,000 climbing at only 1,000 feet per minute!

Nevermind, it's too difficult, and it causes negative performance effects on my plane. I'm at 22,000 climbing at only 1,000 feet per minute!

I'm not sure if you are expecting something very accurate. Have in mind that it's not. What you will have is the same bus, showing way more fuel in the Central tank, able to range up to 5000nm - 5500nm , flying exactly the same as the original bus. And, you won't modify the orignal bus, you'll create a new folder, copying .mdl and .air and the new Aircraft.cfg... all the other texture files should be doing the same, based on the A320 base files. Obviously, all this for personal use...Whenever I get to my desktop, I'll pm you.

I'm not sure if you are expecting something very accurate. Have in mind that it's not. What you will have is the same bus, showing way more fuel in the Central tank, able to range up to 5000nm - 5500nm , flying exactly the same as the original bus. And, you won't modify the orignal bus, you'll create a new folder, copying .mdl and .air and the new Aircraft.cfg... all the other texture files should be doing the same, based on the A320 base files. Obviously, all this for personal use...Whenever I get to my desktop, I'll pm you.

okay and if you could also try to figure out what values should be used for the A319 please tell me, I'd like to figure this out! You were able to figure it out based on the A320, but the A319 is what I'm looking for! And from what I understand is that such things as vertical speed rate, etc. shouldn't be impacted whatsoever by this extra fuel being added?

When you PM me please let me know an entire walkthrough of how to make the proper adjustment specific to the A319 that will result in the plane having a similar range but without sacrificing any flight characteristics (vertical speed rate/V1 V2 and VR speeds/etc.) Try to include every detail so I don't have to keep bothering you!

Sorry for being such a pest here, it just sounds like a lot of fun and I want it to work out well.

Hey Guys, i also want to use the A319 as a A319CJ,

i'm copied the Folder "Aerosoft Airbus A319 CFM" and creat a new one which called "Aerosoft Airbus A319CJ CFM" and installed only on livery which is not in the default "Aerosoft Airbus A319 CFM" folder, change the [FLTSIM.0] Section etc.

So now i will change the fuel capacity etc. from the default aerosoft entries to the new one like this

http://www.airbus.com/aircraftfamilies/corporate/acj-family/acj319/

can anyone help me please? and what to do also in the aircraft.cfg to make it flyable :lightbulb_s:

Could you also PM me with the modified aircraft.cfg for the A320CJ you used? (I'd appreciate if you just copy/paste all the text that needs to be changed, and not the actual file)

Please and Thank you :)

Regards,

Flyte75

Flyte75 and DLH2553,

If the one who created the changes (Fabio) allows me to share it with you I will. I have the changes but it would be wrong to provide them without the consent of Fabio.

Archived