thinking of buying P3D, yes or no ?

Hussam Abu Baker

Hello everyone, as you can see I'm thinking of buying P3D as i heard that v2.3 has really improved the performance and I only think it's gonna get better, let alone that it's a 64-bit architecture simulator so that gives you an open ended possibilities of getting performance increases (theoretically).

my specs are as follows :

Intel core i5 4690K @ 3.5 GHz

Asus GTX 780 DCU ii OC'd to 1200mhz and ram to 6400 mhz

Corsair Vengeance blue 2x4 GB @ 2133 MHz

samsung evo 840 (windows boot drive)

seagate SSHD 1 TB (where FSX is installed)

Corsair CX 600 W

corsair H60 water cooler

Asus Z97 motherboard

Windows 7 professional 64-bit

how many frames can i expect with the A319 say for example in fly tampa dubai ?

Thanks a lot !

Like in fsx using the a320 axe i get around 35-40 fps but i think that this might be due to the ram limitations or sth, i also use ftx global and rex 4. Do u think i could reach higher fps in p3d ? Or atleast just get better visuals with the same fps ?

There is really no advantage to getting higher frame rates than 35-40. That really is the perfect level of FPS to be achieving. I could understand wanting to increase a little from 25 FPS (which can still be a little subjectively jittery), but once you are over 30-35 FPS you are there.... higher frames than that will not improve the experience.

Instead, as Emi said, you would be better to use the system resource to increas visual settings, while maintaining 30-35 FPS.

There is really no advantage to getting higher frame rates than 35-40. That really is the perfect level of FPS to be achieving. I could understand wanting to increase a little from 25 FPS (which can still be a little subjectively jittery), but once you are over 30-35 FPS you are there.... higher frames than that will not improve the experience.

Instead, as Emi said, you would be better to use the system resource to increas visual settings, while maintaining 30-35 FPS.

yes i don't mind that at all, can you confirm if I'll be getting better visuals on the same fps ? (noting that i'll be using ftx global and rex 4 in p3d)

thanks !

Archived