fsx fps limiter, which one to use ?

Hussam Abu Baker

Hello Everyone ! first of all amazing product you've got there (I was already satisfied with the AXE and this makes it even more amazing).

I just have a question, I've read that fsx's fps limiter is not really that great, and I've seen that some people set the fps to unlimited and then limit their fps through another software so can you please tell me any freeware that does this ?

another question, what's with the increased performance regarding the VAS here ? is there something I should know about ?

Thanks a lot guys

My specs:

Intel core i5 4690K @ 3.5 GHz

Asus GTX 780 DCU ii OC'd to 1200mhz and ram to 6400 mhz

samsung evo 840 (windows boot drive)

seagate SSHD 1 TB (where FSX is installed)

Corsair CX 600 W

corsair H60 water cooler

Asus Z97 motherboard

Windows 7 professional 64-bit

• Aerosoft

None...

Only when you get very high fps and very fluctuating fps (say 70 and over) does it start to make any sense. We have never seen it smooth out jitters etc and we have only seen it limit fps. Why would you want that?

I would recommend using a FPS limiter to avoid stutters. I personally use the Nvidia Inspector to limit my FPS up to 30, and have my fsx.cfg configured for a maximum of 33 FPS. With those settings I get my FPS controlled within a range of 30-33 without stutters.

Just to share

I would recommend using a FPS limiter to avoid stutters. I personally use the Nvidia Inspector to limit my FPS up to 30, and have my fsx.cfg configured for a maximum of 33 FPS. With those settings I get my FPS controlled within a range of 30-33 without stutters.

Just to share

You're taking a 'double hit' in CPU load there, unnecessarily. The external FPS limiting via nVidia Inspector is a good idea (it's certainly more efficient than FSX's internal limiter), but you should not then be entering the '33' value for frames, within the FSX.CFG. This should be set to 0. (which is the same as setting 'unlimited' in FSX's settings).

To reiterate, if you are limiting frames using an external limiter, like nVidia Inspector, Antilag, etc, there is absolutely no value is also setting a frame limit within FSX. FSX should be 'unlimited' in this instance.

Archived