Cockpit Lights cause floor to disapear

Hi Everyone

Just done my first flight in the new A319 and am very imperessed. As I began to arrive to the TOD it began to get dark so I switched on the panel and cockpit lights and the floor and all the switches disappeared.

I was wondering if anyone else has experienced this. I also get it occasionally in the A320 so still dont know whats wrong,

Also a small error which i noticed, when you turn off the hot air switch in the overhead, It doesnt switch off on the Lower ECAM. Its only a small bug that I have found but it means the cabin temps are not modeled correctly.

Below is some screenshots that I took during the flight

Keep up the good work Aerosoft

Without Lights

2yoz8yw.jpg

With Lights

2heeloo.jpg

We only know about that issue in systems where Sp2 is not correctly installed. However it can also happen with low VAS of course.

How would I address low VAS then, I currently have 16GB of RAM to use so i shouldnt be that short. i will try re installing SP2 and see if that fixes it and will report back. I will also look out for any other bug and report them back to the appropriate locations.

How would I address low VAS then, I currently have 16GB of RAM to use so i shouldnt be that short. i will try re installing SP2 and see if that fixes it and will report back. I will also look out for any other bug and report them back to the appropriate locations.

VAS has not alot to do with Your PC specs.

Since FSX is an 32bit application the highest amount of RAM it can use, is 4GB, regardless if You have 16, 32 or 64GB installed.

So with a 4GB limit where FSX uses maybe 1,0 - 1,5GB with the default Cessna 172 and default scenery, there is only 3,0 - 2,5GB left for further Airport and aircraft addons.

The PMDG 737 NGX uses appr. 0,67GB of the VAS

The Airbus A320/321 Exended uses appr. 0,45GB of the VAS

The Airbus A318/319 Uses appr. 0,63GB of the VAS

Now add addon airports, Photo realistic sceneries, Highres textures and clouds and You can very easily get near the 4GB limit where FSX will crash, even if You see high FPS.

As You can see, both Aerosoft Airbus series doesn´t use more VAS than the PMDG 737 NGX, the A320/321 uses even less.

As Mathijs says, the issue might be caused by a faulty SP2 or Acceleration install, which can be fixed using this guide: http://forum.aerosoft.com/index.php?/topic/27187-piper-cheyenne-version-40/?p=170113

Another possibility is when people use the Bufferpool=0 Tweak. This and/or together with too high Autogen, AI traffic and water settings can bring You graphicscard to the knees and start visual artifacts.

Finn

Ah yeah Emi that is very important too !!

The HIMEMFIX=! is actually not a tweak. It´s a setting Microsoft forgot to add in the FSX.cfg when they released SP2 - so thats a must !!.

Bufferpools=0 will work fine as long as Your GPU is able to execute whatever it´s thrown at it, but the moment where the GPU chokes, then graphical artifacts will occur, like spiking autogen and garbeled aircraft.

In the end it can even lead to FSX crashing.

In Your case I rather believe that either SP2/Acceleration has been installed or they are corrupted.

Finn

• Aerosoft

Bufferpools=0 will work fine as long as Your GPU is able to execute whatever it´s thrown at it, but the moment where the GPU chokes, then graphical artifacts will occur, like spiking autogen and garbeled aircraft. In the end it can even lead to FSX crashing.

Using that tweak on a laptop is almost sure to cause problems. Using FS on a laptop already it but....

Sorry but this is not related to those problems. I see this too on a clean Prepar3D v2.3 install.

I see this regardless of free VAS, which I have monitored whole flying the Airbus.

There is most likely an error in the texture calls/swap out in the model when lights are switched on. It breaks immersion and would be great to see it fixed.

I don't know if the original poster never sees the texture load or not but mine load after a very short interval.

• Aerosoft

Sorry but this is not related to those problems. I see this too on a clean Prepar3D v2.3 install.

I see this regardless of free VAS, which I have monitored whole flying the Airbus.

There is most likely an error in the texture calls/swap out in the model when lights are switched on. It breaks immersion and would be great to see it fixed.

I don't know if the original poster never sees the texture load or not but mine load after a very short interval.

If it would be a problem in the textures would not thousands upon thousands of customers see it? Including the machines we test on?

The timespan you encounter the load depends on the data transfer speed of your system.

FSX and maybe also still Prepar3D not holds the complete texture content continually in memory. Is a texture not used over a certain time its gets removed.

This is for example encountered when you were in external view. Switch then fast to VC forth and back. Then you should get very small to no loading times.

But if you did fly for 5 mins in the VC that it is very probable on the next switch to the exterior, that you can encounter longer loading, depending on the HDD to RAM to GPU transfer rate. Thats simply the data management philosophy of that sim.

I too was seeing that phenomena, but only with the 318/319.

My other high-end aircraft were ok, and even the Aerosoft A320 version 1.16 was fine.

Based on this thread, I discovered that I did NOT have the HIGHMEMFIX entry in my FSX.cfg file.

I added that and and it immediatey cured the missing floor with lights on, and the missing fuselage, etc in spot view.

I complete my first full flight this evening and it was a joy to fly. Looking forward to the updated 320/321 later this month.

Archived