No shadows

Uemit

Hey,

i recently buy the baby buses and noticed that i don't have shadows in my Cockpit. I start the DX10 Fixer and set the settings again but nothing happens in the pit. What i'm doing wrong?

Best Regards

Uemit

• Aerosoft

Hey Uemit,

do you experience Shadows with other aircraft and just not with our product or dont you experience shadows with any other addon?

I dont think there are any shadows within the FSX.... afaik, only P3Dv2 supports shadows.

Hi all,

I use DX10 mode, and the shadow are very fuzzy and pixelated, is this normal? Can I have a nice shadow without steveFX fixer? (not possible to buy it anymore...)

Thanks very much for your help!

Rémy

• Aerosoft

Hi all,

I use DX10 mode, and the shadow are very fuzzy and pixelated, is this normal? Can I have a nice shadow without steveFX fixer? (not possible to buy it anymore...)

Thanks very much for your help!

Rémy

Sorry but no. DX10 mode was never supported well.

I managed to buy the full Fixer when it was still available. It's a marvelous tool and, if nothing else, helps to get rid of OOM errors as it [DX10] shifts a lot of CPU processing to the GPU. VC cockpit shadowing quality varies from aircraft to aircraft, but I'm more interested in the increased stability/smoothness that DX10 + Fixer gives me.

Steve's freeware shaders have most of the functions of the payware Fixer, but lack a nice GUI.

I'll see if "tagging" (enabling the shadow) for the Airbus in the Fixer makes any difference to the quality (I suspect not). Plenty of other great visuals to enjoy even with "blocky" shadows!

Adam.

BTW - I look after a DX10 "How-To" guide - for setting up DX10 in FSX in general (it's not a Fixer User Guide) - much of which will apply to the freeware shaders as well: http://www.nzfsim.org/index.php?dsp=downloads&f_sort=fixer

The DX10 mode does offer it but it is a finicky beast and not standard FSX for sure. We'll try to support it though.

Good news for you, Mathijs (and all DX10 users) ... finicky or not, the VC shadows are actually really good!

as_a319_vcshadows_01_1280.jpg

as_a319_vcshadows_02_1280.jpg

as_a319_vcshadows_03_1280.jpg

as_a319_vcshadows_04_1280.jpg

This is using Steve's *payware* Fixer (I got it the day it came out!). I "enabled" VC shadows in DX10 Toolbox, then selected "HD Jet Shadows" in the Fixer. Step1 may be unnecessary, but it's quite safe as the Fixer backs up the .mdl file for you. I haven't used the freeware shaders for so long, I really don't know if it has similar VC functions you can enable.

I take back what I said earlier (about there being more important eye-candy) - they look *amazing*. Congrats, Aerosoft.

Adam.

And if you check carefully you see P3D shades small objects, knobs etc.

I must admit the way P3D models shadows generally is impressive. It certainly is the way to go!

Adamski could you please share DX10 Scenery fixer settings?

Peter - do you mean the whole lot (I could export my profile) - or just the VC shadowing settings?

Adam.

No difference expect that in FSX you need to have SteveFX-DX10 fixer which isn't available right now :( With P3D effect comes with the sim ;)

That's not correct since yesterday version 2.4 of the fixer is on sale again and I would run :excellenttext_s:

Archived