Autopilot diconnect , triple click

Hi,

I found a strange bug but I think it's easy to fix. When you disconnect the autopilot you hear the sound and after it there should be the triple click sound, designed to draw crews attention on the FMA. well, in the A319 you do not heare the tripple Click. And that's because both sounds come in in the Same time. If you listen exactly you can heare both sounds playing at the same time. Strange that none of the testers noticed that :D :D

Are you absolutly sure? The Beta I flew the day before release has done that correctly... I will put some testers on it again though, thanks for the report.

I'm using a joystick button too, but haven't had this problem yet.

Just to make sure, you are only disconnecting the AP and not for example the ATHR on the same time, right?

Hirthflieger2/calzoom,

do you have any issues with other sounds in the sim, in the same or a different aircraft?

No I don't.

I also find the disengage sound also loops too quickly. Instead of going DOO DOO DOO....DOO DOO DOO... I get DOO DOO DOO DOO DOO DOO (if that makes any sense). Don't know if that may be related to it.

Guys I have it :)

because I am used to our real procedures, I engange both autopilots during the approach. So you have AP1/2 CAT3 DUAL in the FMA. If you do so, you will not get the triple click.

But when you use only ONE AP it works perfectly!!!! AP1 CAT3 SINGLE and you get the triple click ;-) should be easy to fix.

Mine seems to be fine, although I have to press the master warning button to shut it up, which I never had to do in the A320/321.

Also, is there any chance of making the autopilot disconnect after 3-4 clicks, rather than just the 1? (Or am I missing something here). In the A320 I used to enjoy pressing it a few times before it kicked out - whereas now it is much easier for it to be knocked by accident.

Correct me if I am wrong but the real 'bus usually takes a few clicks to disengage too.

Kind regards.

Mine seems to be fine, although I have to press the master warning button to shut it up, which I never had to do in the A320/321.

Also, is there any chance of making the autopilot disconnect after 3-4 clicks, rather than just the 1? (Or am I missing something here). In the A320 I used to enjoy pressing it a few times before it kicked out - whereas now it is much easier for it to be knocked by accident.

Correct me if I am wrong but the real 'bus usually takes a few clicks to disengage too.

Kind regards.

Should be 'click/click': First 'click' switches the A/P off but, as you noted, that could be accidental. Therefore the warning is triggered. The warning gets silenced with the 2nd 'click'. If timed nicely, those two successive clicks will switch off the A/P without much nuisance from the master warning.

Should be 'click/click': First 'click' switches the A/P off but, as you noted, that could be accidental. Therefore the warning is triggered. The warning gets silenced with the 2nd 'click'. If timed nicely, those two successive clicks will switch off the A/P without much nuisance from the master warning.

That makes perfect sense. Thanks for clearing that up!

Josh

• 1 month later...

Over a month now, just wondering.. Any news on this fix? It's really nice to be able to hear the warning followed by a triple click, it's such a nice and familiar sound. Can't be too difficult to fix, not that I'm an expert.

• 3 weeks later...

Archived