KG vs LBS

astolfi

Hello,

I don't find the way to change the unit of measure on the MCDU (left and right).

I fly very often on USA, and I would like to use the pounds as unit for weight.

It's possible?

Thanks

Alberto

No, not possible to change now.

We will see about that in maybe a service pack

It would be very nice! I hope strongly that this option will be available on a Service Pack!

Thank you very much. And congratulations for your product, you have done a very good job!

Alberto

Something I have been pushing for since last year or so, nothing happened yet. I actually did the ECAM displays into LBS but the MCDU was still in KG. Unfortunately that work got undone when an update was pushed since a lot of the other behind the scenes stuff was changed and I would have had to redo the entire set of code.

2ZeSH0v.png?1

Because

you are flying at the USA, you are not supposed to use LBS. OK maybe because you are flying a USA company I understand that but in the other hand LBS is not a standard even at the USA!

You will find even more and more KGS to become standard all over the world for safety reasons.

Also chiming in to say I'd love an option to be able to switch between KGS and LBS. I did the same thing as Brendon for the A320/21 by converting the displays to LBS since all my flying is done on US carriers but alas, as was said, the MCDU cannot be changed that I know of.

Because

you are flying at the USA, you are not supposed to use LBS. OK maybe because you are flying a USA company I understand that but in the other hand LBS is not a standard even at the USA!

You will find even more and more KGS to become standard all over the world for safety reasons.

Please research before you post false information. Thank you.

Gents, it is very easy to convert from one to the other using a calculator, or phone app. One pound = 0.454 Kgs, or One Kilo = 2.20 Lbs. Hope this helps.

From what I read, a little over 800 A320 family aircraft are operated in the US - less than 15% of the worldwide total. It's only a conversion between two units - Let's be honest, it isn't the end of the world is it? I personally don't see why the U.S. doesn't change to kg but that is a totally differ net discussion. FYI, all ICAO aviation distances are stated in nautical miles anyway except Runway Length, RVR and Met Vis.

Which kind of discussion I was able to start! :mallet_s:

Maybe the title is a bit provocateur!

But the original question was only concerning my preferences! Obviously I'm able to convert LBS in KG and vice versa. If I want to fly on the US sky, and the majority of the US airlines use LBS, I would like to use it myself. But if the dev team have set to not include this little option, no problem! I can live the same.

And don't matter if the ICAO or the FAA have different regulation, if the US airlines use the LBS it means that they can use it!

And don't matter if in the future all the airlines are going to use KGs, because now they are using LBS!

Thanks

Alberto

Archived