Avionic fans sound

• Deputy Sheriffs

To be honest, the aircraft sounds too quiet now. In the real thing, the avionics fans are so loud that sometimes pilots turn them off.

Really, are we both talking EIS2 aircraft here? I am the first to agree with you when we are talking EIS1, you can even find a reply from me about that issue that dates back some years ;)

But if you want it louder then you can always turn up the volume in the right MCDU.

Strangely enough when the 320/321 was out, and people were complaining about the Avionics fan sound being too loud, it's been said that it's loud also in the real plane. No problem btw I took the files from the 321 folder.

• Deputy Sheriffs

Yeah, for a few weeks I finally found out the reason for that loud noise in the A320/321.

The EIS2 aircraft have an avionics cooling fan that has two settings. Slow(almost silent) and fast(loud). Mathijs showed a video which they made in the cockpit during the measuring and sound recording. And what happened? The fan was 'stuck' in the abnormal fast setting, which is not normal. This happens once in a while and we just reset the fan with a CB reset and everything is quite again.

It is very entertaining for me to see how many people are convinced that that loud sound is normal in an EIS2 aircraft. It shows again that almost nobody except real pilots and the occasional jump sit in a real EIS2 cockpit.

Archived