Airbus A318/A319 - LUA script for FSUIPC?

D192

@ Guenseli

thank you now is more clear about LINDA and the compatibility with GoFlight, so we must use this old code...

No, you're still missing the point completely, SKL701... Get that module, there is actions.lua file in the zip, it's the one you should be interested in. It contains all the newest controls. So if you know what you're doing editing lua, you'll need it for your GoFlight hardware. I use GoFlight and loads of other input devices, they all can be used with the updated controls in that actions.lua file.

Sabre.

@ Guenseli

thank you now is more clear about LINDA and the compatibility with GoFlight, so we must use this old code...

I think I missed "this" meaning it was 3.01

Cheers,

Sabre10

Hi

For the A320 Extended deploying spoilers, armed and the' Beacon light '

work with a normal FSUIPC control; but not for the new A318 / A319. :mecry_s:

Someone you it Lua code for it.

Thank you in advance

Michel

This is a lua script for switching of the Autopilot and, if you push your device (Joystick button) a second time it will stop the Master Warning: (I think its the same as IRL)

Create a .lua file (notepad) and copy the script in there. Then put the file in "Modules" from your FSX. Than assign a button of your jostick via FSUIPC using your LUA File

if (ipc.readLvar("L:AB_AP_AP1") == 1) or (ipc.readLvar("L:AB_AP_AP2") == 1) then

ipc.writeLvar("L:AB_AP_AP1", 0)

ipc.writeLvar("L:SmallOverheadPushButtons", 1)

ipc.writeLvar("L:AB_AP_AP2", 0)

else

ipc.writeLvar("L:AB_MPL_Master_Warning", 1)

end

This is a lua script for switching of the Autopilot and, if you push your device (Joystick button) a second time it will stop the Master Warning: (I think its the same as IRL)

Create a .lua file (notepad) and copy the script in there. Then put the file in "Modules" from your FSX. Than assign a button of your jostick via FSUIPC using your LUA File

if (ipc.readLvar("L:AB_AP_AP1") == 1) or (ipc.readLvar("L:AB_AP_AP2") == 1) then

ipc.writeLvar("L:AB_AP_AP1", 0)

ipc.writeLvar("L:AB_AP_AP2", 0)

else

ipc.writeLvar("L:AB_MPL_Master_Warning", 1)

end

Max, could you please share A/T disconnect as well.

Thanks,

Sabre10

A/T Disco is already included in the LUA script written by Guensli. Here it is:

-------------------------------------------------------------- ATHR

-- ATHR button on

if ipcPARAM == 7 then

LVarSet = "L:AB_AP_ATHR"

ipc.writeLvar(LVarSet, 1)

end

-- ATHR button off

if ipcPARAM == 8 then

ipc.writeLvar(LVarSet, 0)

end

-- ATHR button toggle

if ipcPARAM == 9 then

val = 0

if ipc.readLvar(LVarSet) == 0 then

val = 1

end

ipc.writeLvar(LVarSet, val)

end

Bonjour Michel

LVar pour Beacon est : Light_Beacon (FSUIPC ne fonctionne pas avec a318-319.)

Raymond.

Thk Raymond,

And for the spoiler have you informations ?

I work my poor English :glare_s:

Michel le Tretsois ...

@ MaxReverse

your code about AP1,AP2 and Master Warning does't work!

Is just me or someone else have the same problem?

Thanks

Than you're doing something wrong. I copied it direct out of my FSX/Module/AirbusX.Lua

Its def. working here, i just tried with my copy again, sorry.

MaxReverse,

please try to post it again but copy all like you did for A/THR

Thanks

Sorry, but there is nothing more to copy. Thats the whole text from the Folder I created with Notepad.

Again:

1.) Create a Folder f.e. "Airbus X AP"

2.) Copy all of my text in this folder

3.) Important: Save this Folder as LUA File

4.) Copy this Folder into your FSX Module Folder

5.) Open FSX and FSUIPC

6.) Select any Joystick Button and advice this button to your just createt LUA file. - I hope you know how to do this?

• 4 weeks later...

team

attached is the text to add to guenter's actions.lua (vers3.01) to provide a quick way of setting parameter #'s for each & every function he has listed .... and which you can use in fsuipc to assign keys & buttons.

there is no need to alter his efforts, just copy & paste the text to the end of his file and save to your renamed modules lua file.

you can also print my list to use as an index of what parameters to use for your assignment.

as i have yet to have the a320/1, i can not confirm all will work (though most are similar & do work on the axe).

cheers & hope you enjoy

john

para.txt

• 5 weeks later...

John or others,

I could use a little more detail on how to set this up so as to be able to use my GF Panels to control the Airbus. You said to paste your file to the end of Guenter's actions.lua (which is now 4.0)... I have done this.

Ok sort of got it figured out, when assigning variables to buttons knobs etc in FSUIPC when if ever would you use the various commands (lua toggle, lua kill) etc.

John perhaps some of the parameters have changed since you posted your file? I cant seem to get the A/P rotaries to work.

Such a bummer I really hate using a mouse when I have hardware but it looks like there's no choice if I want to use this Airbus...

If anyone has a known working lua I'd be grateful if they posted it.

• 2 weeks later...

wwa_1935

my parameter's file should work for most functions in scot / guenter's vers.4.0 to assign to keys & buttons..... just not the extras added after 3.1 !

i doubt though that rotaries can be assigned to your GF hardware with this method .... check the linda forum at avsim for informed advice.

cheers

john

• 1 month later...

Hello guys!

I'm new to this lua thing, but it's quite understandable. I made a few assignments to my joystick in FSUIPC via this lua script, and everything works pretty well. Except for one, that is my question.

ECAM, PFDs, NDs, Radio on

if ipcPARAM == 185 then
ipc.writeLvar("L:AB_PDS_RADIO_POWER", 1)
ipc.sleep(50)
ipc.writeLvar("L:AB_MPL_PFD_Power", 1)
ipc.sleep(100)
ipc.writeLvar("L:AB_MPL_ND_Power", 1)
ipc.sleep(70)
ipc.writeLvar("L:AB_MPL_ECAMU_Power", 1)
ipc.sleep(50)
ipc.writeLvar("L:AB_MPL_ECAML_Power", 1)
end
-- ECAM, PFDs, NDs, Radio off
if ipcPARAM == 186 then
ipc.writeLvar("L:AB_PDS_RADIO_POWER", 0)
ipc.sleep(50)
ipc.writeLvar("L:AB_MPL_PFD_Power", 0)
ipc.sleep(100)
ipc.writeLvar("L:AB_MPL_ND_Power", 0)
ipc.sleep(70)
ipc.writeLvar("L:AB_MPL_ECAMU_Power", 0)
ipc.sleep(50)
ipc.writeLvar("L:AB_MPL_ECAML_Power", 0)
end

These two controls are to switch the main displays on and off. The first problem is that this code won't affects the ND, either talking about turning on or off, the ND remains in its actual position. Turning off is okay for all (except for ND) , but turning on is also a problem for all. I figured out if I modify the number 1 in "L:AB_MPL_PFD_Power", 1 to 10 then the knob turns more (half way) than if it remains on 1. So this is the smaller issue, the ND is bigger, so if you know the solution, please let me know.

I also want to ask that if you know the way that the communication radio panel is able to be controlled with the help of the lua scripts? If yes, please let me know how?

Is there any way to expand the list of controls? To add more, for example overhead panel buttons to it, to have them controlled externally? If you have, and available, please share documentations with me about this. I want to know many more things, how it works, how it can be developed.

Thanks a lot for help!

Regards,

Adam

adam

i can't offer "expert" advice on the power on / off scripts (don't use them) .... perhaps try each individually & see how they behave, monitoring them with fsuipc's lua logging. i guess the other option is to check / ask on the linda forum

i do know the radio panel uses fsx commands, not lua script ... though the linda guys are researching the later.

as for adding overhead switches, you should be able to add them to the power on / off script .... just add one at a time though.

for me, it has always been as airbus themselves say .... experiment intelligently, learn by discovery !!

cheers & good luck

john

Archived