Flickering Cursor with Three Monitors

toddl

Hi,

I have successfully downloaded and installed the a318/a319 and she works great but for one exception. I am running three monitors using Nvidia Surround and I have the dreaded flickering mouse cursor issue. I have searched the forums and tried some of the fixes for the a320/a321 such as modifying camera views and commenting out certain entries but nothing works. I have also unchecked tool tips all to no avail. I had a similar problem with the PMDG 737 NGX and their support team was kind enough to provide me with modified config files which solved the problem for me and other users in similar positions. I know this is a problem peculiar to my set up but I was hoping someone on the beta team was running 3 monitors and may have a solution and, if not, perhaps one could be developed as an official/unofficial modification so that those of us with this set up can enjoy the aircraft. Thanks in advance for your help on this matter!

Regards,

Todd

I'll ask PMDG what they done about this. I got no idea.

IN office we stopped using three screens as it was really going from issue to issue. I assume you are using P3D right?

Thanks Mathjis! I am using FSX. I the NGX's case i believe it had something to do with the 2 panel. There was no problem with the 777 though. Thanks for the prompt response!

Regards,

Todd

Mathjis,

I fixed it but in a different way. I googled the problem and found something at the A2A support forum that got rid of the flickering and drop in frame rate. I lost the view bars for some reason but I am ok with that as I still have all the views and can pull them up in the menu. All I had to do was modify the panel config slightly by adding two lines as follows:

Made a back up of my Panel config.

Under [Window00] I deleted "size_mm=800,600"

I then added to following lines in place of the deleted line which match the resolution I am running for the three screens i.e. 5760x1200:

size_mm=5760, 1200

Pixel_size=5760, 1200

Voila, problem solved so far with no other changes!

I am still testing but this will need to be done for each aircraft model's panel config. I am not sure of any other potential impact other than the view bars missing but will report back if I find anything.

Special thanks to Shousa on the A2A forum for this fix.

Thank you Mathjis for jumping on this.

Regards,

Todd

I edit every 2D-Window in panel.cfg by adding window_size=0.333, 1.000

if the parameter "window_size" already exists I divide the first value be three, e.g.

window_size= 1.000, 1.000

to:

window_size= 0.333, 1.000

can be a major PITA if there are a lot of 2D-Windows involved though...

Yes it works :) but it`s very importent that its " size_mm=5760, 1080" and "Pixel_size=5760, 1080" and NOT "size_mm=5760,1080" Pixel_size=5760,1080"

see the difference :) ?

Yes it works :) but it`s very importent that its " size_mm=5760, 1080" and "Pixel_size=5760, 1080" and NOT "size_mm=5760,1080" Pixel_size=5760,1080"

see the difference :) ?

It looks as if there are spaces after the commas separating the resolutions? Not sure if I did that but since it worked for me perhaps I did. :) Glad you were able to resolve the issue.

Regards,

Todd

uh, no, you have more than one - it's 15 per aircraft:

window00=Main Panel

window14=Vertical Wing View Bar

and every Panel.cfg has to be edited in 318 CFM, 319 CFM, 319 IAE - and next time there is a patch that resets panel.cfg's it has to be done again... But then again: I have had aircraft with a lot more than 14 entries, so I can live with that

• Aerosoft

window00=Main Panel

and every Panel.cfg has to be edited in 318 CFM, 319 CFM, 319 IAE - and next time there is a patch that resets panel.cfg's it has to be done again... But then again: I have had aircraft with a lot more than 14 entries, so I can live with that

oops, indeed.

window00=Main Panel

I don't understand. I changed just Window 00 and all was good but for the panel bars. Why do you need to change them all? Just as an aside when I first tried the fix I did change them all and I had other problems with panel sizing so what you are saying didn't work for me. In my view there is a simple fix for this unique situation by simply adding two lines to the panel config but perhaps your set up is different. In any event glad you are all sorted.

Archived