Aerosoft Scenery

Theodore123

Hello Guys.Im new in this forums and my first question for you is: How and with which program Aerosoft making that real airports ?? I want to make a Skopje Macedonia International Airport Realistic Scenery with real runway like Aerosoft.Which program using ? Thanks

• Developer

First of all you would need to learn how to create 3D models, most common programs used by developers in the fs community are gmax (free) or 3D studio max (very expensive) both of these software products are rather complicated if you have never used these types of software before. So you could check out a program called Sketchup, it's simple to use, but it does not have the same functionality you would find in more professional software.

You can find tutorials and introductions to these programs on YouTube.

Like the previous replies I don't think this would be the best forum for questions how to develop a scenery, I would also recommend heading over to FSdeveloper.com, that site has a wiki page dedicated to tutorials on the different aspects of creating a scenery.

There's also other forums dedicated to 3D art, like polycount.com. These forums does not show you how you get the models working inside a flight simulator, but are a great resource on how to create the models.

• Developer

Those are introductions on how to use the software, it's the same software that you would use to create custom runways and taxiways. If you look on fsdeveloper you will find lots of resources on this subject. Here's one method used to create runways, but like said before, you will get much more help if you head over to a forum that's dedicated to development.

• Deputy Sheriffs

Ok, I'll move this topic to the appropriate section as this is not a support issue.

And again please visit the deveoper forums around the web to get your questions answer. Making sceneries like you get through Aerosoft means to learn a lot and is a very long way and not done be watching some videos. ;)

I can see that you're only just a beginner when it comes to scenery development. There are only very few developers who got the skills to create sceneries as good as Aerosoft and it took them years to build up these skills. It's obviously not something everyone can just do, it takes a lot of hard studying and years of practicing.

Of course every developer has to start at the beginning, meaning FSdeveloper. The first thing you'll be able to produce will be a box. Then you turn it into a house. Along the way you learn to create all kinds of objects, wich is essential if you want to create an airport. You don't want to know how many objects there are at even a simple airport and they all got to be modeled. After the modeling comes of course the texturing. In some cases this means applying photographic material onto the object, in other cases it needs to be hand-drawn.

Another part of developing are the ground textures. You can either draw the entire airport itself (very time-consuming) or buy aereal photographs. But even with aereal photographs there'll still be work to be done. For example there'll be parked aircraft on the textures wich will have to be removed and replaced by asphalt or concrete textures. The same thing for asphalt under the airbridges, parked vehicles, shadows from buildings, etc. Everything that does not belong on the ground but just happens to be on the photograph.

Of course you'll need to learn how to do all of that, and even if you know it's still very time-consuming. Even for experienced developers it might take up to a year to do an entire airport, even more if it's a large airport. For a mega airport two years is no exception.

Still want to learn to develop? I wish you luck, but please keep in mind that it's one hell of a job.

Those are ground textures and there's a lot of info about that on FSdeveloper. However, always keep in mind that it takes some serious skills, a lot of studying and practicing and not to forget a lot of patience to accomplish that level. I mean, Aerosoft and FlyTampa are among the best in the world. It's not easy to get to that level. Believe me when I say it's easier to build your own house than to build your own Aerosoft/FlyTampa quality runway. I won't say it's impossible, but it's very difficult. It's not something you just do.

You're not listening, are you? You've been told to go to FSdeveloper.com for that several times. Making a runway that quality is one hell of a job, but if you want to learn how to do it that's the place to go.

Sure there are tutorials, it's called Wiki. It can be found above on the page just below the FSdeveloper logo. There's a blue bar with links for Home, Forum, Resources, Wiki and Members.

Guys some guy give me a some tutorial http://prntscr.com/4r2jhh like this to create a realistic runway but that guy is not active at forums and i cant understand this can anyone help me to create real runway like this guy ?? http://fsdeveloper.com/forum/threads/realistic-runway.431568/

Archived