Repaint request

Aboud

Long time since I last visited this thread and I have to say WOW! I can't believe what I am witnessing right now @John Glanville. You have done an excellent job on those SAS repaints and you have done so many of them :o Keep'em coming mate. Let me correct myself on OY-KAW's selcal. It is BF-AD. Happy New Year! :) 

Hello, I'd like to request Jetstar Asia 9V-JSL

https://www.planespotters.net/photo/631317/9v-jsl-jetstar-asia-airbus-a320-232

Now I know that there's a Jetstar Asia repaint but that's for the sharklets. Closest available livery is Holgi's VH-VGA, difference is the reg and addition of Valuair titles but I can't follow @John Glanville's suggestion of asking the original repainter to edit the livery since Holgi is still in the process of building a new PC. Thanks

@ hrulz ,

At the moment the only thing that is certain for Virgin's latest , is the registration and construction number according to : http://www.planespotters.net/ there are also no photographs available of the airframe . If Virgin are in the process of re-branding then they may use the same paint scheme as they use with Virgin Atlantic with the airline name written on the underside as well .

With The Delta A321 it's just a question of waiting for a couple of pre-delivery shots from the same site linked to above for the size and location of the Delta logo and the fleet number ( possibly 3201 ) .

Will just have to wait and see .

• Upvote 1

On 28-12-2015 at 8:12 PM, blindfinder said:

Hello,

I have been searching everywhere for this American paint .Does anyone have it?

American Airlines A320 IAE-Sharklets

Thank you

I don't know why DetCord left out the A320 IAE versions but at the time there were no A320's painted in the " new " American livery at all , so any paints made at that time were pure fantasy anyway . Looking at their fleet list there are no " sharklet " versions ordered by American ( at this time ) .

Currently working on N655AW c/n 1075 which is an A320 IAE and it's possible to create two versions ( with & without sharklets ) . Will post a preview in the near future .

Having done further research American have 55 A320's still in service , of these , 32 are IAE's , all are ex- America West / US Airways . The oldest , N640AW was built in 1993 ( 23 years old ) and the youngest , N680AW in 2005 ( 10 years old ) .

It seems that retrofitting sharklets costs something in the region of $950.000 ( Google ) on aircraft that were built after 2010 , before this date the wings have to be strengthened  by replacing the outermost 19 of the ( in total ) 27 ribs ( in each wing ) . The plus side is the increased range and fuel savings of between $ 350.000 and $400.000 per year , so it would be in the region of 3 years ( or longer ) before they " break even " on the outlay .

As this is a flight sim and not real life will upload two paints , N654AW - already repainted IRL  ( N655AW was unable to find he selcal code ) and N680AW with sharklets - still flying in US Airways livery ( and non-sharklet ) .

15 hours ago, John Glanville said:

Having done further research American have 55 A320's still in service , of these , 32 are IAE's , all are ex- America West / US Airways . The oldest , N640AW was built in 1993 ( 23 years old ) and the youngest , N680AW in 2005 ( 10 years old ) .

It seems that retrofitting sharklets costs something in the region of $950.000 ( Google ) on aircraft that were built after 2010 , before this date the wings have to be strengthened  by replacing the outermost 19 of the ( in total ) 27 ribs ( in each wing ) . The plus side is the increased range and fuel savings of between $ 350.000 and $400.000 per year , so it would be in the region of 3 years ( or longer ) before they " break even " on the outlay .

As this is a flight sim and not real life will upload two paints , N654AW - already repainted IRL  ( N655AW was unable to find he selcal code ) and N680AW with sharklets - still flying in US Airways livery ( and non-sharklet ) .

The majority of the ones receiving the retrofit are the late 2009-Present production models. However, this doesn't exclude some of the earlier versions either. A Hard retrofit will cost the greatest amount of time and cash as most of the wing will need to be modded to accept the sharklets, which would be the case for the pre-2009/MSN 2500 serials. It only takes about 15 days to do this but a cost analysis has to be performed to determine if it's actually worth it money and downtime wise.

That said, any 320/321 can be retrofitted if it is in the MSN 1200 or later range. That's a aircraft produced between the year 2000 and now. As for AAL, only a certain number of 320 CFM's will receive the sharklets while the IAE's will not as most of them are scheduled for retirement. 

Hi!

EVA AIR has just received their very first A321-211WL painted in the new livery (Reg. B-16221). Are there any repainters who are free to do some texturing of the new livery for the bus?

Thanks in advance

Please login to display this image.

Hello guys. Cebu Pacific Air just received their first A320SL with the new livery last Friday afternoon. If anybody can do it, or if it is already available, please do notify me. Thanks in advance! 

By the way, the photo was taken by Charleston Felimon - Philippine Plane Spotters Group. 

• Upvote 1

Hello, i want to know if its possible that John Glanville or DetCord  can do this repaints of JetBlue but in A319 IAE. Thanks for your attention, you're the best. Thanks for all excellent repaints:

Jetblue N646JB or N656JB, its the same:  http://www.airliners.net/photo/JetBlue-Airways/Airbus-A320-232/2750140/L/&sid=080a1aa854e15291b439d87af8d1f691

http://www.airliners.net/photo/JetBlue-Airways/Airbus-A320-232/2754575/L/&sid=080a1aa854e15291b439d87af8d1f691

And JetBlue N608JB: http://www.airliners.net/photo/JetBlue-Airways/Airbus-A320-232/2761855/L/&sid=080a1aa854e15291b439d87af8d1f691

Regards from Colombia.

Hello everyone!

Can someone (Perhaps Mr. John Glanville?) please make some Dragonair A330 repaints for the upcoming A330X? I think many pilots want to have the 20th anniversary and the 25th anniversary livery of Dragonair. I know it will be a challenge to everyone who make these repaints (Also in real world!) but many people likes it! Reluctantly, Dragonair is going to be rebranded as Cathay Dragon later. This makes me posting this request here.

May I request the following repaints? (Although it's still early to request A330X repaints)

A330-300 Normal Livery B-HL?/HW?/HY?

A330-300 20th Anniversary Livery B-HWG

A330-300 25th Anniversary Livery B-HYF

Thank you in advance!

Regards from Hong Kong.

Recent uploads and updates.

1 hour ago, moyung said:

Hello everyone!

Can someone (Perhaps Mr. John Glanville?) please make some Dragonair A330 repaints for the upcoming A330X?

We're not even close to a release let alone in the realm of livery requests. Also, this topic is for the 318-321, not the unreleased 330.