Repaint request

Aboud

Hello guys!

This is forwarded to @DetCord and @John Glanville. I remember you two did some SAS repaints for the 319 a year ago (http://forum.aerosoft.com/index.php?/topic/89435-100-accurate-sas/&page=1), and I really like them. As SAS gave you some information about colors, fonts etc., can I hope for some 100% accurate SAS A320 or A321 liveries in the future?

By pure coincidence I mentioned this to Bryan earlier today , have as yet not received an answer . Looking at their A320 / 321 fleet it is some 21 aircraft , so is certainly possible . For some reason most of the SELCAL codes for the A320's are not published .

I know that several A320's & A321's have already been uploaded but although I tried searching for the registrations already made ( someone should have a look at that as the search function is seriously messed up ) was unable to find them but as I don't intend to download them did not search page by page .

• Upvote 2

Hi @John Glanville

That is great news. I know some of the SAS repaints are already uploaded, which is great. I have som SELCALs for you if you need them. I will give you an overview:

Aircraft and registration

SELCAL

A321 OY-KBB

GQ-AL

A321 OY-KBE (DONE)

GQ-AP

A321 OY-KBF

GQ-CK

A321 OY-KBH

GR-MS

A321 OY-KBK

GP-JS

A321 OY-KBL (DONE)

GP-KM

A321 LN-RKI (DONE)

GQ-DM

A321 LN-RKK

GR-PS

A319 OY-KBO (DONE)

GS-AP

A319 OY-KBP (DONE)

GS-AJ

A319 OY-KBR (DONE)

GS-AL

A319 OY-KBT (DONE)

GS-AR

A320 SE-RJE (DONE)

CR-AL

A320 SE-RJF (DONE)

BL-DP

A320 OY-KAL

AP-ER

A320 OY-KAM (DONE)

AP-FK

A320 OY-KAN

BC-AM

A320 OY-KAO

CS-HK

A320 OY-KAP

AL-FJ

A320 OY-KAR

N/A

A320 OY-KAS (DONE)

BC-JK

A320 OY-KAT

BC-LM

A320 OY-KAU

EF-BR

A320 OY-KAW

FM-BQ

A320 OY-KAY

N/A

That is what I have, but some of them might have been changed. An aircraft with the "DONE"-lable states that it has already been painted. But I don't mind if you want to do it as well. Let me know if I can help you with anything else :)

• Upvote 1

My " go to " sites for fleet information and selcal codes are usually very helpful but not always . In the case of the selcal codes most of these ( shown above ) are not listed . Looking at the fleet information it seems that although these aircraft have only been in the SAS fleet since 2012 / 2013 , they are in fact much older having flown with other airlines in the past . The average " age " for the A320's is some 10 years and the A321's 13 years . This may be the reason that no selcal codes are listed as I assume that these codes are not hard coded to a particular aircraft and have more to do with the airline itself .

it's all academic anyway as the selcal code has no real function in the sim and is a merely " eye candy " when seen in the cockpit . Add to this the lack of ( available ) photo's taken in the cockpit , or in the ones that are available the angles where no registration / selcal is visible .

It's true what you say. The aircraft are old despite they have been in SAS' fleet for only a couple of years. What you say about the missing SELCAL info, may be the reason, but we can't state obviously. I'm fully aware of that it doesn't make any difference taking simulation into consideration, but I support the eye candy and the "as real as it gets" attitude. I sent you three photos in a private message. Hope they can help.

All the best

Erling

@ Erling ,

To make myself clear , when I find a selcal code , I add it , even though it is a minor detail , the same applies to any other small details that are included in my paints . As in your pictures the tag plate shown is totally different to what is seen in other cockpit photo's as it also shows the msn number ( though in some of my AirbusX paints I also added this ) .

When Bryan ( DetCord ) contacted me concerning his American paints and then later with Scandanavian , this is one of the first things we decided on , to add as much detail as possible ( staying within the limits of the paint kit ) . The only drawback to this is the information ( e.g. photo's ) that is readily available ( on the net ) and of a high enough quality , or as you have done by providing codes and such .

I haven't heard from Bryan ( at this time ) but as he is a serving member of the US military this could have to do with his " other " duties , I have started with a " template " for both the A320 and A321 ( still have the tailfin to do ) , unfortunately anything that was used in the making of the A319 paints has to be ( in most cases ) resized or redrawn .

The tag plate is different, indeed, and it is usually different from airline to another airline. You and Bryan are the painters, so you decide what you want to include and to not include, but it does my heart good that you want to add as much details as possible. Good luck to both of you. I am really looking forward to add some freshly painted Scandinavians to my FS fleet. Take care :) Brgds Erling

Just uploaded the final two in my Spirit series :

A320 N643NK ( sharklet ) : http://forum.aerosoft.com/index.php?/files/file/3690-airbus-a320-iae-spirit-n643nk/

A321 N662NK ( sharklet ) : http://forum.aerosoft.com/index.php?/files/file/3691-airbus-a321-iae-spirit-n662nk/

N662NK was number 6897 off the production line and number 900 out of the paint shop here at AS .