Repaint request

Aboud

Think there is some confusion here . Holgi has in the past , as a request , made paints that were in real life A319's but as this was not available at that time were made for the A320 ( his text states that it is intended for the AirbusX and Extended ) .

• Upvote 1

Holgi has in the past , as a request , made paints that were in real life A319's but as this was not available at that time were made for the A320

That's correct. I see now this is the case with Skytraders.

Alitalia new 2015, please.

+1

But the new livery is too difficult to paint due the pearl white and the body logo, so it could be a very difficult challenge for forum's repainters. :mecry_s:

For this reason, I think that no one will try to make that. I hope i'm wrong. :byesad_s:

Trying a bit of reverse psychology ?

The fact that the aircraft in question ( EI-DTJ ) has only recently been painted in the new livery , means there are very few high definition photo's to be found ( at this time ) .

Here is a link to flickr showing what is part of the livery : https://www.flickr.com/photos/rich90/18434307146/in/photolist-u5YDgQ-r35w8C-tdy1CV-tWxGk5-tVNcDU-ud11p3-tVN815-8gy2iD-tivzdF-ud2pS7-9AE5VL-qxf48n-bMhyvr-oNKx1A-nC8E7k-dEsq6c-r6L9Kt-842q9m-pph7tF-k58trY-tXEe4c-tSMEEs-uiyrtM-728tLW-728ms1-o98P4k-nSaYJ8-bWRPQ4-8HWoSY-8bNXQN-89yJbk-jbygAq-9jaVwz-bn95Hj-tXEdWP-tXEdZV-tXwuA1-sARPcC-agSjyL-9jpiMR-jykfdu-ccJdu3-ccJdrA-csCkam-oWxVHc-q1DhRj-83MNy6-7wBMX3-rYA3hj-oDye4B . This is just a small portion of the fuselage .

To do this repaint any justice at all , would require high definition photo's taken of the ENTIRE fuselage and some several " hours " work on the part of the painter and for free ofcourse !!!

EDIT : Forgot to add that not all photo's found on flickr are available to be downloaded but in general are of a larger format than photo's that can be found on " other " sites .

• Upvote 1

Trying a bit of reverse psychology ?

The fact that the aircraft in question ( EI-DTJ ) has only recently been painted in the new livery , means there are very few high definition photo's to be found ( at this time ) .

Here is a link to flickr showing what is part of the livery : https://www.flickr.com/photos/rich90/18434307146/in/photolist-u5YDgQ-r35w8C-tdy1CV-tWxGk5-tVNcDU-ud11p3-tVN815-8gy2iD-tivzdF-ud2pS7-9AE5VL-qxf48n-bMhyvr-oNKx1A-nC8E7k-dEsq6c-r6L9Kt-842q9m-pph7tF-k58trY-tXEe4c-tSMEEs-uiyrtM-728tLW-728ms1-o98P4k-nSaYJ8-bWRPQ4-8HWoSY-8bNXQN-89yJbk-jbygAq-9jaVwz-bn95Hj-tXEdWP-tXEdZV-tXwuA1-sARPcC-agSjyL-9jpiMR-jykfdu-ccJdu3-ccJdrA-csCkam-oWxVHc-q1DhRj-83MNy6-7wBMX3-rYA3hj-oDye4B . This is just a small portion of the fuselage .

To do this repaint any justice at all , would require high definition photo's taken of the ENTIRE fuselage and some several " hours " work on the part of the painter and for free ofcourse !!!

EDIT : Forgot to add that not all photo's found on flickr are available to be downloaded but in general are of a larger format than photo's that can be found on " other " sites .

No reverse psycology, just consideration, I'm not a painter, only a scenery developer, an I know how long is to work textures with photoshop.

The EI-DTJ is full of text write on it, of course to make this livery is necessary to have many hi res pictures to take the writes on, and needs many many hours of photoshop working to fit them correctly.

Maybe when the second A320 family airbus will be painted, it'll more easy to make the plain Alitalia New Livery.

And the basic new livery can be used, in future, as base to paint the EI-DJT having more hi res images...

The problem with this ( kind of ) livery is that even if you do make all of the written text by the time you have re-sized the text to fit the model , there is nothing left but a blur anyway , so it's a lot of work for basically nothing . The best thing would be to wait until other aircraft are painted in the new livery as I cannot imagine they will all be made in the same way , then at least you have photo's and ( other ) registrations to work with . I was surprised to even find the photo I linked to in my previous post and I don't believe that other photo's ( of the entire fuselage ) with the same clarity will be available anytime soon .

Another example is the BA Dove livery that Holgi is ( still ) working on . This is also a livery that needs a lot of time to make if you are going to do it any justice . If Holgi paints as I do then after a while with a complicated paint , you have to stop and go do something else before the " madness " kicks in , so that you can return to it in the future .

My comment about several " hours " work was meant " tongue-in-cheek " , as this would really be several hundred hours if ALL of the text was made and placed . There is ( unfortunately ) a limit to what you can do with the model however " good " it is .

... If Holgi paints as I do then after a while with a complicated paint , you have to stop and go do something else before the " madness " kicks in , so that you can return to it in the future .

Yes I well know it, same thing for scenery development. :mallet_s:

The new Alitalia livery just wouldn't work, period. It's only a 1K paint kit, the signatures would be so blurred that they'd look like dirt smudges at the scale they'd need to be.

• Upvote 2