Repaint request

Aboud

Sorry for being fussy but i have just downloaded it and none of them are blank? they all already have liveries on them.

I'm looking for something that is blank so that i can paint my own livery on them.

Sorry for being fussy but i have just downloaded it and none of them are blank? they all already have liveries on them.

I'm looking for something that is blank so that i can paint my own livery on them.

Yes they have textures in the paintkits , by switching those layers " OFF " you then have a blank aircraft . The textures in the paintkits help you to see what goes where .

Also helpful if you want to paint a complete fleet of an airline featured in the paintkit - all you have to do is create your own registrations .

John

Still working through a list of repaints that were never uploaded , this time Sichuan Airlines with 4 paints .

In this series are an A320 IAE with and without Sharklets and A321 IAE with and without Sharklets .

B-6323 post-29473-0-59912500-1424016239_thumb.j http://forum.aerosoft.com/index.php?/files/file/3213-airbus-a320-iae-sichuan-b-6323/

B-9935 post-29473-0-85835600-1424016244_thumb.j http://forum.aerosoft.com/index.php?/files/file/3214-airbus-a320-iae-sharklet-sichuan-b-9935/

B-6285 post-29473-0-79294300-1424016251_thumb.j http://forum.aerosoft.com/index.php?/files/file/3215-airbus-a321-iae-sichuan-b-6285/

B-9967 post-29473-0-27520000-1424016258_thumb.j http://forum.aerosoft.com/index.php?/files/file/3216-airbus-a321-iae-sharklet-sichuan-b-9967/

John

• Upvote 1

The short answer is NO , there aren't any tutorials on how to paint the Airbus ( all versions ) . There is a PDF with the paintkit . The only way you can " learn " is to actually try using the paintkit ( since you have only found it today ) . Just remember to make backups before you begin , you cannot break anything by making a repaint . The only advice I can give is first to create a TEST ( blank ) livery for each model and place your repaints in these folders to try them out in FSX .

Pay a visit to the Painters forum at AVSIM ( you will have to register ( free ) ) to post , where there are tutorials on painting in general .

John

Look at the image below, everytime i try to create a new texture for the tail, it always ends up like that. And yes, I'm using DDS (DXT5) and yes they are flip before i paste them into the folder?

Any suggestions?

post-87856-0-79781000-1424019002_thumb.j

Can I ask for your opinions please.

My first ever repaint done with airbus x with LY-VEN.

Take a look at the pictures.

Also, how do i get the textures more HD and more detaild so that you can read the small print texts on the wings etc. Is it something to do with saving the textures in a correct format or something or something to do with the resolution?

post-87856-0-94198800-1424021721_thumb.j

post-87856-0-70290200-1424021731_thumb.j

Without knowing which programmes you are using for painting / saving and creating DDS textures no one can help you .

As far as more details , have you looked at other paints ? Do they have more detail than yours ? Are you saving using mipmaps ?

If you are thinking of increasing the size of the texture sheets themselves , try it and see if it makes any difference . Don't forget to alter the FSX.cfg to allow larger texture sizes or it will be for nothing . Also every time you change any settings in FSX you have to alter the texture size as well or it reverts back to 1024 .

John

• Deputy Sheriffs

Sorry, but I think I have to stop this discussion now. This is a topic to request repaints and not to give lessons in making repaints.

JarredMark, you can open another topic in the "radio chatter" section of this forum. But all other posts reagrding "how to.." will be deleted from now on.

@ Otto ,

I am aware that being a moderator is not an easy task but cannot understand why you had to react in this way . The poster asked for help with the paintkit and although not a paint request is ( at least ) painting related . If no one had answered his questions , others would think he was being ignored .

As the download links I have placed in the previous pages are not ( always ) related to any requests maybe they should be removed as well ?

There are other things that should be of concern , one of them being the hotlinking of copyrighted photographs in this forum . I pointed this out in #36 and was voted down for it even though my comment was correct . See page 16 of this thread for an example .

If sites such as Airliners.net decide to disable the downloading of their photo's , how can painters like myself get our source material ? Not every painter has access to the airside of an airport ( if any ) .

On another note I am at a loss to understand why my post #574 has been marked as Best Answer . Best answer to what ? Can this be removed ?

John

• Upvote 2

Thanks for the info, Mas! I think I might switch to the SAS A319 then, even if it won't be used for domestic flights in real life: it will at least feel a bit better then the British livery I am using right now. ;) I already found a good looking livery made by John Glanville.

http://forum.aerosoft.com/index.php?/topic/89435-100-accurate-sas/

Np m8;-)

Mas

Hi DetCord are you still planning the A320 from Condor (D-AICK)?

I downloaded your A321 Neo from Condor it really love it! I don't want to put you under pressure, just wanted to ask and to make sure :)

Hi DetCord are you still planning the A320 from Condor (D-AICK)?

I downloaded your A321 Neo from Condor it really love it! I don't want to put you under pressure, just wanted to ask and to make sure :)

Working on it now. The PSD template I had for the Condor A321 weren't quite the same. Helpful yes, cut the work down a bit, but not the entirely fitting. The 320 has the tail section painted and aligned differently as opposed to the 321, so I've had to go in and redo a lot of things.

I'll try and get it out of the hanger sometime this evening my time. No promises though. Tomorrow defiantly.