Repaint request

Aboud

Don't blame me, blame Aerosofts servers.

It took me almost 9 minutes to upload this paint and its only 16MB. Some severe latency and non-responsive FTP issues here.

Both noticed it at the same time lol!

yep, I know. ;) I had my UA repaint open so i just copied the files over to see how she looked. I've since updated it to the CFM version but haven't taken any screenshots yet. I'll get some soon.

• Upvote 1

Quick preview of Virgin America. I still have a lot of work to do...

Also, if anybody knows the font or a similar font to what they use to write the plane name on the nose I'd appreciate it!

v7pmgj9.jpg

yep, I know. ;) I had my UA repaint open so i just copied the files over to see how she looked. I've since updated it to the CFM version but haven't taken any screenshots yet. I'll get some soon.

Definitely looks amazing. Thank you so much!

So anyone wants a go at the Silkair paint? It's a pretty simple one I would think. The BA Dove one gets a +1 from me too!

SVAG1026 here waiting patiently :(

A couple of alignment issues to sort out (as you can see) but here's the state so far of N355NB for Delta Air Lines.

EDIT: Oops, I see that Holgi is also working on a DAL livery for the 319. :bow_down2_s:Sorry - should've read the posts above. Didn't mean to step on anyone's toes. Sorry!

x8ob6wO.jpg

I think Delta has CMF engines and not IAE...

• Upvote 2

I am making fantastic progress on BA A319 Union Crest repaints. The only thing I need to know now is how to put the font/registration above the windscreen (like UPC or UOA). This was possible in the A320/21. Is it possible in the A319?

I am making fantastic progress on BA A319 Union Crest repaints. The only thing I need to know now is how to put the font/registration above the windscreen (like UPC or UOA). This was possible in the A320/21. Is it possible in the A319?

On the windscreen? No, I haven't come across the ability to do that.

Sure that is possible! The fuselage seems split on the texture sheet. But on the model it continues seamlessly.

So you first create the text, possibly as dynamic vector for clean rescaling and last second changed.

In your case U-P-C, P is to set at the gap. Where one gap ends, the other begins....so you place it at the top gap, then a copy at the lower gap. Some fine adjustment and viola....

I recommend to all the Model X Converter from Arno (FS Developers). Free tool. Within there you can preview your paints much faster than having to boot the whole sim each time for a change.

For this reason of the gap in front look here:

http://www.genekeyes.com/CAHILL-LMW/LMW-2.html

Scroll down to this figure:

LAND MAP OF THE WORLD ON A NEW PROJECTION. 201

When we transfer a three dimensional surface (what is the model) to a 2d surface (what is the texture map) then it comes to unavoidable geometrical tension inside the coordinate system.

Thats why those globe cuts are not rectangles, but look like trigons. Only with such a projection you get an undistordet unwrap. Elsewise you had to cut the model in ever smaller chunks, which then really starts

to make painting a nightmare. And you like on the globe, the flow of pixel data seamlessly continues. If you want to understand where the gaps are in the model, then simply switch either on the contained UNWRAP LAYER,

which contains the full wireframe data of the model, or paint a special colored line along the gap and save the texture ready for the sim. Inside the sim you then see how that behaves.

US Airways CFM repaint will come after the IAE one. I plan on a couple of registrations for each for a bit of variety.

Sweet! :grouprespect_s: Can't wait. There are so many US Airways liveries (Heritage, State Flags and Sports Teams), it's going to be a while before we get caught up. :rolleyes:

Here's the list as of 0100Z on 10/2/14 (2/10/14 for all you Europeans and sensible people)

NOTE: Not all repaints requested are on this list, if I missed yours, mention it.

A319:

British Airways: Delivered

Sichuan Airlines: Delivered

Air Serbia: Delivered

Air Macau: Delivered

Air France: Delivered

Azerbaijan Airlines: Delivered

Helvetic Airways: Delivered

Germania (Multiple): Delivered

Scandinavian Airlines: Delivered

Fastjet: Delivered

Air Canada (Multiple): Delivered

Finnair (Multiple): Delivered

Cebu Pacific: Delivered

American Airlines (NC): Delivered

Iberia (Retro): Delivered

Germanwings: Delivered

Germanwings (Old Colors): Requested

Drukair: Delivered

Niki Luftfahrt: Delivered

Austrian Airlines (Multiple): Delivered

SKY Airlines: Delivered

Private: Delivered

Frontier Airlines (Multiple): Delivered

Swissair: Delivered

TAP Portugal: Delivered

Atlantic Airways: Delivered

Allegiant Airlines: Delivered

KLM: Delivered

Croatia Airlines: Delivered

Royal Jordanian: In-Progress (?)

LAN Peru: Requested

LAN Ecuador: Requested

LAN Express: Requested

Brussels Airlines: In-Progress

Delta Airlines: In-Progress

Alitalia: Requested

Thomas Cook: Requested

Aeroflot: Delivered

S7: Requested

Bulgaria Air: Requested

Air Canada Rouge: Requested

German Air Force: Delivered

Privat Air (D-APAC): Requested

D-ACBN: Requested

US Airways (Multiple): In-Progress (Carolina Panthers Delivered Offsite)

Volaris: Delivered (Avsim)

Jetblue (Fictional): Requested

Turkish Airlines: Requested

Avianca: Requested

Bangkok Airways: Requested

Lufthansa: Delivered (Avsim)

Air Malta: Requested

Easyjet (Multiple): In-Progress

Silkair: Requested

Air Berlin: Requested

Spirit Airlines: Requested

Tyrolean: Requested

Air Armenia: Requested

Czech Airlines: Requested

British Airways (Olympic & Dove): Requested

Vueling: Delivered

United Airlines: Delivered

Etihad: Requested

Hunnu Air: Requested

Olympic: Requested

Balkan Holidays: Requested

Bhutan Airlines: Requested

Tibet Airlines: Requested

Air Mauritius: Requested

Mexicana: Requested

Ural Airlines: Delivered (Russian Avsim)

Virgin America: Delivered

Aer Lingus: Requested

Qantas: In-Progress

QantasLink: In-Progress

China Southern: Requested

Cyprus Airways: Requested

Adria: Requested

Eurolot: Requested

South African Airways: Requested

Skytraders: Requested

Condor: Requested

Tunisair: Requested

Air India: Requested

China Eastern: Requested

Indian Airlines: Requested

AirAsia: Delivered (Avsim)

Tiger Airways: Delivered

Airbus House: Requested

Belavia: Delivered (Russian Avsim)

Vim Avia: Delivered (Russian Avsim)

TAM Airlines: Delivered (Avsim)

Royal Brunei Airlines: Delivered (Avsim)

Aurora: Delivered (Russian Avsim)

VP-CVX: Requested

Aegean Airlines: Requested

Alaska Airlines (Fictional): Requested

Tigerair: Delivered

State of Kuwait (9K-GEA): Requested

D-ADNA and D-ACBN: Requested

Global Jet Luxembourg LX-GVV: Requested

Global Jet Luxembourg M-IABU (Fictional): Requested

Sabena: In-Progress

TACA: Requested

Meridiana: Delivered

Aigle Azur: Requested

Qatar: Delivered

Skyservice Airlines: Requested

A318:

Tarom: Delivered

Avianca: Requested

Spirit Airlines: Requested

Tyrolean: Requested

Vueling: Requested

Mexicana: Requested

OE-LUX: Requested

Airbus House: Requested

KLM Cityhopper: Delivered

National Air Service VP-CKH: Requested

OE-ICE: In-Progress (?)

Air Berlin: Requested

LAN Airlines: Requested

I apologize for any omissions, repeats, errors, misspellings, and/or general tomfoolery.

My Virgin America repaint is done except I need to find the font, or a similar font, that they use to write the name of the plane on the nose. If anybody can help, I would appreciate it. If not, I'll release it without since the plane flew around for a while with no name.

Next I have to do a small update to my Allegiant repaint and then I will start on Spirit Airlines "Skittles" livery and then I may try the new yellow "Rare Fare" livery.

My Virgin America repaint is done except I need to find the font, or a similar font, that they use to write the name of the plane on the nose. If anybody can help, I would appreciate it. If not, I'll release it without since the plane flew around for a while with no name.

Next I have to do a small update to my Allegiant repaint and then I will start on Spirit Airlines "Skittles" livery and then I may try the new yellow "Rare Fare" livery.

Appears to be Roihu Light. At least that's the closest thing I found when I was doing my version.

edit: Closest free font I found was Maven Pro Regular.

99.9% of airline fonts are custom copyrighted versions of existing fonts or new type faces. You can purchase a license, but they tend to run into the $5k range.

Your best bet is to use this site and type the text you want (ex. N128UW) into the customize box and then go through them. It'll display the text you typed in the fonts listed below. Happy hunting.

• Upvote 1