Cheyenne Mixture Controls

sel2002

I'm having some trouble with the Cheyenne mixture levers and my CH Throttle Quadrant. I'm using a registered copy of FSUIPC 3.7, and I've got the throttle and prop controls configured within FSUIPC, they seem to move correcly. The Mixture levers on the screen are stuck in a forward position and don't move when the CH quadrant mixture levers are moved.

This behavior is not seen in other twin aircraft.

Axis sensitivites in FS2004 are full right and null setting settings are all the way to the left. The 'reverse' axis option is not selected.

Also, I have the CDROM Cheyenne package, how can I check which version I have and download a fix pack if needed.

Thanks,

John

• Developer

In the Cheyenne, the mixture levers are only ON/OFF switches and cannot be moved like in a King Air. Therefore we simulated that behaviour correctly. The XL has a third stop for high idle as she has an airconditioning system and used bleed air for that.

Unfortunately the CH TQ gives a lot of problems to that. All is OK with the CH 3 lever yoke but the quality of the CH TQ is substandard ( I bought one extra for the Cheyenne development).

The only cure not to have any negative impact from it is to elimnate the mixture axis. Unfortunatel it cannot be used to move the mix levers.

I'm sorry guys this just does not make sense. Perhaps I incorrectly called the levers, 'mixture levers', on turbines they should be called condition levers. I am referring to the two right most, red tipped levers on the engine popup panel. The Cheyenne has got two throttles, two prop levers and two condition levers.

My condition levers are stuck in the full forward position, though ocassionally, and with no input from me the lever will drop down and then quickly move to the top again.

Again, the Cheyenne is not responding to the movement of the CH Throttle Quadrant's two right most (condition) levers. I don't have this problem with other twin engine aircraft - turbine or no turbine.

Please advise how to fix this.

Thanks,

John

Alexander

If you are having trouble with the CH TQ...are you using FSUIPC to configure it?

The TQ should have been able to accomodate the On - OFF functionality of the Cheyenne's Condition levers. Using FSUIPC it is easy enought to configure that type of behavior.

This is a bit of a dissapointment...perhaps this can be fixed in a future patch? As it is right now it looks like I have to disable my condition lever axis in FSUIPC and use the mouse to shutoff or turn on the condition levers.

John

• Developer

John, I understood which levers you were talking about. As sais the problem is within the CH TQ, even adjusted via FSUIPC. Their input to the FS could not be blocked and so the FS sees inputs from them and from the programmed CL, which is conflicting.

Since the new FSUIPC 3.7 allows configurations specific to the airplane, I guess what I will have to do for the Cheyenne is disable the two condition levers and deal with their functionality via the mouse. This is a bit of a disapointment - If I can figure out a way to configure it with the levers I'll let you know.

Does this occur on all 4 versions of the Cheyenne? I noticed that the Cheyenne II XL has condition levers the have cuttoff, low idle, high idle and not just on / off, does the II XL have the same problem?

Thanks for your help

John