Airbus X Problems

airlineguy62

So I downloaded Airbus X today (with a virtual airline discount if that counts for anything).

I ran it as administrator and installed it, then rebooted my computer. When I went to run the plane, it gave me an FMGS: Navigation database file not opened, error, which was annoying, but I was able to click out of it and enter the plane.

Really nice!

I worked a bit with the cold and dark settings but when I went to the FMC and tried to go to a takeoff situation for a test flight, it put me back into cold and dark, and now all the other states do this as well.

Also, the checklists aren't available, but I think that's not a problem.

Any tips?

• Deputy Sheriffs

1. Make sure that your PC-Setup meets ths systemrequirements on the product page

2. Walk thorugh the setup by step guide.

All your problems are simply the result of a faulty installation/configuration and/or user errors.

Ah, thank you. Also, I hypothesize that most of the problems in my plane are due to my fuel planner being broken. It says "file aircraft.xml not found", and I think it's not loading any fuel into my plane and giving me my fuel pump problems.

All the other threads over that talk about "hotfixes" yet I just got the newest version..

As a side note my plane doesn't have any ICAOs loaded in, but I expect that is a glitch in such a modern aircraft.

• Deputy Sheriffs

Sorry, do not know what you have installed. Reinstall the product and you'll find all necessary information in Windows via Start/Programs/Aerosoft/Airbus

Okay, so here is what I have done to fix it so far:
I uninstalled Aerosoft Airbus X using the Windows Uninstall feature.
I then went to the Aerosoft Download Shop and went to re-download (AS_AIRBUS-X-EXTENDED_FSX_PREPAR3D.zip) version 1.6
I unzipped the .zip file (it's still in my Downloads folder) and clicked to run the install application as administrator.
Selected to install in "English"
Accepted the license agreement.
Put in my email and code
Selected to install as FSX obviously ^_^
Selected to install the file in "C:\Program Files (x86)\Microsoft Games\Microsoft Flight Simulator X"
It then installed.
I clicked yes to install RAAS as well.
It then installed.
I then clicked to restart the program
I opened up fuel planner.
"Aircraft.xml not found"
I am severely disappointed by the problems I am facing.. Especially with a missing installation manual..

So I decided to open up the Air Berlin A320, and as soon as I selected it I got a "FMGS, Navigation File not opened" error. Great!

How do I fix this?

Some things point to navigraph but it looks like more payware, which I will not buy...

I also went to the ground at KJFK and the Fuel Planner doesn't work.. same error..

WHAT IS THE ING PROBLEM

I've installed and uninstalled AXE more times than I can count (system restores etc) and I've never had any problems like these.

1.) Do you have proper Administration privileges (Windows) granted to your account?

2.) Are you using the FSX or P3D version?

3.) Where is (FSX/P3D) installed?

Okay, so here is what I have done to fix it so far: .....
Selected to install the file in "C:\Program Files (x86)\Microsoft Games\Microsoft Flight Simulator X"

That is one source for lots of problems for a start , there are quite a few flight sim sites that advise against installing FSX in the Program Files , most advise installing FSX on another partition entirely .

Also if you ( previously or intend to ) remove FSX using the control panel , it often leaves folders still on your system , so using CCleaner ( found with Google ) helps to remove any bits left behind . If you do not want to reinstall FSX on another partition , suggest you search on the net for " UAC " ( without the quotation marks ) .

John

Okay, on a different issue, I managed to get the A320 to take off, but my flight controls don't respond much. Once I pulled up I couldn't push it down again and it was impossible to pull up even when i was smashing into the ground at -500 fpm. Any tips?

• Deputy Sheriffs

Okay, on a different issue, I managed to get the A320 to take off, but my flight controls don't respond much. Once I pulled up I couldn't push it down again and it was impossible to pull up even when i was smashing into the ground at -500 fpm. Any tips?

Try to fly with a lower weight. Do not use the FSX payload planner but the one that came with the plane. Make your total weight around 60 tons KG and do not rotate before 140 kts. I am guessing you are somehow too low on speed.

Archived