FSX Demo

seahawk09

Hey all,

For those of you who want to see what the new FSX is like try out the demo Version to see if your system meet's the requirement's this is a BIG upgrade from 2004. Dont worry about the little problem's whilest playing it Mircosoft incorprated that in the demo the full version is going to be something out of this world by the look's of thing's, I am sooo looking forward to buying this but beware I think you will certainly need a hefty Video card to make it as real as it get for this simulation. READ THE SPECS on the box before purchasing so as not to be buying a door stop. See you in the sky's soon.

Richard

I suggest not to download it at all if you dont want to get dissapointed.

I havre a top of the line comp and even thought I put all sliders to full it still isnt visually apealing.

pleaple say it uses prebeta programming.

Even microsoft was dissaponted at the demo I hear.

Hey Marick626,

I guess we will have to see what becomes of the real FSX i must admit the demo didnt impress me too much either be hey we have to give the beta team the review's will say it all. If Microsoft wasnt impressed then that is saying alot :shock: .

i'll stick with 2004 until the review's say otherwise:)

Richard

Hey Marick626,

I guess we will have to see what becomes of the real FSX i must admit the demo didnt impress me too much either be hey we have to give the beta team the review's will say it all. If Microsoft wasnt impressed then that is saying alot :shock: .

i'll stick with 2004 until the review's say otherwise:)

Richard

well, normally, pleaple would release Demo's after the game is released or atleast finished.

It is strange it looks like this and it is set to be released in 2 month's. :?

Looks like what? I think it looks great, apart from some bugs and it running slowly on my lo-end PC ...

It's not unusual to release a demo before the actual game is released, in the past this has been standard procedure for many games. Either that, or tech demos ... well I'm looking forward to it.

I havre a top of the line comp and even thought I put all sliders to full it still isnt visually apealing.

I just love how some think their experience will be the same for others, LOL. I suggest d/ling it and finding out for yourself. I love it, bugs and all. While I don't get great performance, it is flyable for me, can't wait till the full version.

They did a fantastic job on the default aircraft, the Beaver has a great VC.

beavpit.jpg

Hi Marick,

Perhaps (just perhaps) you forgot something - the same something that I forgot :wink:

FSX STARTS where FS9 leaves off, so if your "top-of-the-line" PC handles FS9 with all sliders full, then the FSX defaults are where you should be starting.

Look at what the sliders do before you tweak. Putting the scenery to full is asking your PC to work so hard at trying to show a one metre mesh, that it doesn't have time for the other bits. (This slider is equivalent to the max terrain vertex level in the FS9.cfg I think.

The best meshes in FS9 are 9 metre (Max tmvl = 22) and the demo only has 38 and/or 19 metre if you are lucky.

Similarly the terrain resolution slider... this can take you to 7 cm per pixel - BUT the textures are probably only one metre.

Respectfully I suggest: Go back to the demo, restore defaults and work the sliders one at a time...

You may well be surprised. :wink:

I love it already. Can't wait to see the finalized version.

Also I see that the same thing is happening as with FS9. Lots of people won't buy it at first....yet in the end many of those will still buy it at the moment it hits the shelves. :D;)

Me, I'm visually oriented, I love to fly in 2d view with no panel and just the sky and terrain to look at. So for me the reflection of coastlines and clouds on the water makes me drool. I'll be pre-ordering this as soon as I can. :)

I've tried it also and I liked it. I've read my posts of disapointed people and some said they were expecting a diamond, while what they found was, to them a crude rock. But, in my opinion, no out-of-the-box version of FS was ever close to a diamond - such an install is what I get after 2-3 years of tuning up, hardware install and wonderful Addons that suit my style of flying. The diamond is up to the user to develop. And this FS version has the potential for the fan community to turn into a real state of the art gem.

Hey all,

This is a correction in my last statment I was wrong about FSX. You need to adjust your setting slowly to compansate your computer's needs just play with the setting and all should be well start with bare minimum and go from there. I think there is going to be a huge demand for this flight simulation when it comes out the graphic's from what i am seeing on my system are awsome. So just take your time and play around with it and all shall be revealed to you :)

Richard

Happy flying