Twin Otter Extended Repaint Requests

GermanRegionalPilot

Hello everyone,

since there is no thread where to post repaint requests for the Twotter Extended (there's a locked one though) I just started this new one to maybe reach a repainter for one of the best aircraft ever built! :)

Here's a list:

Air Seychelles S7-CUR "Isle of Curieuse":

post-95482-0-83114100-1410623281_thumb.j

Air Seychelles S7-BRD "Isle of Bird" (still wearing the factory registration on this picture):

post-95482-0-84245800-1410623300_thumb.j

Air Moorea F-OIQI:

post-95482-0-50558400-1410623037_thumb.j

Nature Air TI-AZC:

post-95482-0-90870500-1410623394_thumb.j

Nature Air TI-BBF:

post-95482-0-57399100-1410623446_thumb.j

Nature Air TI-BBQ:

post-95482-0-03964500-1410623490_thumb.j

Trans Maldivian Airways 8Q-TMW:

post-95482-0-98314300-1410623588_thumb.j

Trans Maldivian Airways 8Q-TMZ:

post-95482-0-52853800-1410623725_thumb.j

Trans Maldivian Airways 8Q-TMG new colours:

post-95482-0-10761900-1410623754_thumb.j

And that's it for now!

I understand how difficlut and tricky some of these paints are but maybe one of you painters searches for something challenging.

Feel free to add your paint requests too!

Greetings

• 2 months later...

Hi,

First, +1 for al the repaints you proposed GRP :) they are alle beautiful

Second, There are my Request:

Air Guyane Express

Air Antilles Express

All Maldivian Air Taxi livery (As the old twin)

Air Loyauté

That's all (take your Time, Hope a repaint see our requests)

Ciao Friends :)

• 4 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

Would anyone like to have a go at recreating the original Loaganair livery? At one time Loganair operated in excess of 13. The subsequent variants are available i,e BA and Flybe but would be nice to have the orginal

Thanks

Ken

Hi Ken

I did make a LOGANAIR scheme for myself some time ago, I don’t know if this is the scheme you are after,

but if so then I am sure we can find a way for you to get a copy, just let me know.

Take care, and have fun.

Jim Hodkinson

post-97839-0-59172700-1419577490_thumb.j

• Deputy Sheriffs

Hi Ken

I did make a LOGANAIR scheme for myself some time ago, I don’t know if this is the scheme you are after,

but if so then I am sure we can find a way for you to get a copy, just let me know.

Take care, and have fun.

Jim Hodkinson

Hello Jim, very nice scheme, I love it!

Hi Ken

Take care, and have fun.

Jim Hodkinson

Hi Jim

That,s exactly the one i was looking for. I see to work with LC and remember JP very well. There was also are ions scheme where the. Took half of the fuselage was completely black. I have pictures somewhere but travelling right now. Would be more than happy to share.

Merry Christmas

Ken

• Deputy Sheriffs

Not sure if I am allowed to post an airliners.net..

Well, it shows the Copyright note, but best woud be to link to the image and not upload it here.

Hi Ken

Take care, and have fun.

Jim Hodkinson

Hey you're still there!

Great to see you're still doing skins for the Twotter

Have you done others which are not uploaded?

Greetings

Hi Ken

My apologies for the rather late reply, very boring spine issue that lay me flat out occasionally, but enough of that and back to the Twin Otter Loganair scheme, which I have for ease of downloading uploaded to the server

I use for my repaints, so if you want to take her for a spin to see if she is what you were expecting then here is the download link for the file set and installation instructions (it should also work with the AS Livery installer)….

http://www.mediafire.com/download/0kbhgv4o5t5st3h/AS_Twin_Otter_EXT_LOGANAIR_01.zip

As always with a repaint if after flying her for a while you should spot anything that you think I should take another look at then just let me know what and whee and I will see what I can do to help.

As for the other Loganair scheme, although I have not done that one I could take a look at it and see what I can come up with for you, just let me know if that is what you would like me to do,

The only other UK registered Twin Otter I have done is G-BVVK in BA’s colours, which I don’t seem have a screen shot of for some reason, and as it is well past my time for some Zzz’s I will see what I can come up with tomorrow,

sorry about that.

Take care, and to all the forum members and staff, may you and yours have a happy and healthy 2015.

Jim Hodkinson

Hi Jim

Many thanks for the download link. I will try this when I get back home on Saturday. The only thing I noticed from the Loganair screenshot was that the logo was reversed on the starboard tail. If you check the picture I posted above you will see the correct orientation.

I spent many years at EGPF working on the ramp for LC, turning these aircraft around that's why I was so keen to see the Aerosoft twotter in the LC livery. I can't wait to get it loaded up and off to EGPR.

I hope your back is better soon and thanks again for replying to my request.

Happy New Year!

Ken

Hi Ken

Whoops, there was also an error on the other side of the fin as well, I really must look at both sides of my repaints in future, sorry about that, I have now repacked the updated file set and uploaded a new copy, so if you want to take them for a spin then here is the new download link for the file set and installation instructions…

http://www.mediafire.com/download/nxi1p4xyjuavjaj/AS_DHC6_EXT_Loganair_02.zip

Again if you should find anything at all that you would like me to take another look at then do please let me know and I will try my best to help.

I have also added a set of interior textures that I was fooling around with some time ago, they are in a separate folder in the Zip archive in case you want to take a look at them, the instructions for adding or removing then have been added to the installation readme, unfortunately doing it this way will not allow you to use the AS Livery Installer as there are two folders in the Zip archive.

With luck there should be a screen shot of the BA scheme below this, as I actually managed to get a bit of flight time in today.

Take care, thank you for the concerned good wishes, and my best for the coming year.

Jim Hodkinson

post-97839-0-42567800-1420050291_thumb.j

hi Jim

I took JP out for a spin to Barra and back - looks great! Other than my previous post on the tail logo there is one small item which appears on the port tailfin at the top on the forward point of the C bar - a red coloured square - not sure what that is. Otherwise great, even down to the slight efflux on the white cowlings. As a young lad I used to wash and polish this aircraft at Glasgow Airport to earn pocket money. I knew almost all the Twotters that LC had as well as Islanders and Trilanders. Speaking of which, I noticed that you have also done a Loganair BN2 - one comment on that, the belly colours on your repaint are dark blue, the actual colour was black.

Anyway Jim, thanks for a great looking aircraft. I will have many hours of fun flying around in it.

Best regards

Ken

Hi Ken

My apologies for the delay in replying, I have been having a few issues with my system that turned out to be a failing PSU so I am limping along on a slightly underpowered one at present until a replacement arrives, but enough of system woes and back to the Twin Otter, the new upload has both the updated fin logo and the odd red rectangle that you spotted has been removed, that was the other error I mentioned in my last, it was actually a guide mark that I forgot I had used on a previous repaint and had forgotten about, I am putting it down to old age rather than laziness, it works better that way.

Do let me know though if you find any other anomalies with the scheme or indeed anything that you think I should take another look at and I will try my best to help if I can.

As for the BN Islander, I am not sure which reference photographs I used for it but to be honest it is that long ago I am not even sure if I still have the repaint kit as I was slowly going fully over to P3D and the latest reinstallation of Windows has just speeded up the process, I do have FSX installed, but very little will be added to it this time around so FSX only repainting may and probably will be finishing for me.

Take care, and have fun.

Jim Hodkinson

Hi Jim

That's really good of you. I will download and try it out. Sorry to hear your FSX days limited. I have P3d too but still not entirely convinced until all the addon suppliers start supporting it 100%. Having invested a lot if money over the years there is reluctance to switch especially when addon suppliers start charging you twice. Anyway, let me get that Twotter fired up.

Best regards

Ken

Hi all. I have a specific paint the I fly a lot but would also like to have it with tundra tires. What would you have to do to use the same paint files and move them over to a tundra. If anyone has any ideas how to do this I would like to have some help. Just one thing, I have "zero" paint skills so I hope would it could be an easy fix.

Thanks for any help

Dick

post-34354-0-57383000-1420947484.jpg

Archived