IAS hold

Rhinozherous

I initiate descent sometimes with AP engaged and using IAS hold.

Since there is no dial for choosing a speed, I thought that the twotter will hold the actual speed (around 150 - 160kts airspeed).

But when I engage it, (power lvr is already reduced a bit) the twotter always pitch up hard (more than 10 degrees I think) go down to around 140 - 120kts, and than it will hold this speed and descend with IAS hold as expectet... but this pitch up will be bad for my virtual passengers, and choosing the descent speed for myself will be cool too :-)

Any hints?

Thanks and greetings!

First ensure that the aircraft is properly trimmed.

Don´t start reducing power before engaging IAS.

When flying level with a certain power setting, first engage IAS mode, then reduce power.

Finn

You also need to know that the speed it holds is the speed it was indicating when you pressed the IAS button, not when you engaged the AP master switch. In other words, if you engage AP and then press IAS you should get no errant pitching. Doing it the other way around will likely be as you describe.

Archived