Dublin Grass Error

kerbaugh

After renaming the +53-007.dsf.grass file to +53-007.dsf, (replacing the original) loading the scenery results in numerous errors saying that the file, EDDL_gr.dds, could not be found. That appears to be because that file was renamed EIDW_gr.dds (which makes sense) but all references to it have not been changed to point to the renamed file. (which is an obvious mistake) Consequently, the ground is covered in small x-shaped objects with no textures.

I didn't have time to chase down all of the references so I duplicated the file EIDW_gr.dds and renamed the duplicate to EDDL_gr.dds. That resolves the problem but I strongly recommend fixing the download.

I appreciate the static aircraft but they live up to the name. They all look like they sneaked up to the gates without anyone noticing. There are no jetways or vehicles near enough to a plane to suggest an interaction.

Overall, this airport contains an impressive collection of objects, no doubt ported from the Mega Airport Dublin scenery for that Microsoft simulator. The love and effort that went into creating those spectacular objects leaves little doubt that the FSX scenery is among the best. However, they seem to have been thrown into the X-Plane world with far less concern or artistry, which detracts from the quality of the original craftsmanship.

--

Gary

Archived