NZQN Approach procedures seem to be missing in 1409

sso

Hi,
I did a flight tonight NZAA-NZQN.
I downloaded the RNAV Y (05 & 23) charts.
In the lastest AIRAC from Navdata Pro it seems that all the approach points and procedures are missing.
STARS are ok, but not after ATKIL and IBABU eg QN577, QN573, QN571 etc. or QN780, QN775, ATVUP etc.
I have checked through JeeHell FMGS, PFPX and Aviasoft EFB. In none of the 3 the points or procedures are they found.
Any particular reason they are missing?
Further I cant locate the actual coordinate for the mentioned points in order to enter them manually. Any one knows a link to where they are defined?
Thanks
Stephen

If it helps, you can download the RNP procedures from the user section here.( For the AXE) Cannot remember who provided them, but a search should get results. The RNP procedures are not available to the public. Only VA, QF and ANZ. can get these.

For the NGX, @Avsim Lib.

That would provide an immediate fix for you. Of course, depending what aircraft you are using :)

And just for your information,

the reason why they are missing is that these procedures are special procedures only flown by a few airlines (Air New Zealand being one of them) who have permission to use them. That's why they are not published in the data, despite the charts for them being available.

Thanks Karsten,

Nevertheless - the procedure is published and Navdatapro is a simulator product - thus I see no reason not to include them :-)

Having to manually incorporate procedures is very tedious across a number of products using different and many times unpublished database formats.

/Stephen

• Deputy Sheriffs

Thanks Karsten,

Nevertheless - the procedure is published and Navdatapro is a simulator product - thus I see no reason not to include them :-)

/Stephen

Not quite correct. NavdataPro is based on real world data Lufthansa Systems delivers to their commercial customers and can not be edited/altered by Aerosoft. So you simply have to except what you get like the RW customers. ;)

Thanks.

I guess it is a choice really. :-)

I am sure that Aerosoft could merge "auxillary data" as the NZQN into existing DB if they chose to - unless its against the agreement with Lufthansa. The format must be welldescribed in order to extract and reformat data for all the various addons having their own format definitions.

/Stephen

Thanks.

I guess it is a choice really. :-)

I am sure that Aerosoft could merge "auxillary data" as the NZQN into existing DB if they chose to - unless its against the agreement with Lufthansa. The format must be welldescribed in order to extract and reformat data for all the various addons having their own format definitions.

/Stephen

You cannot expect AS to do that. Each cycle would be late being released. Also. as stated, you can add yourself. remember, the other Nav data provider cannot provide rnp for QN either. Otto's post above stands as 100% correct.

You cannot expect AS to do that. Each cycle would be late being released. Also. as stated, you can add yourself. remember, the other Nav data provider cannot provide rnp for QN either. Otto's post above stands as 100% correct.

Not really if it were automated.

It is still much more simple to resolve at the source prior to developing the many different fileformats.

I went through to see what I actually have of file formats downloaded:

• 767PIC (old)

• /Navdata - as Aviasoft (first glance)

• /SIDS - .wsd files

• /STARS - .wst files

• /Approaches - .wap files

• Aviasoft EFB:

• /Navdata

• airports.dat - location & transition alt/level

• cycle_info.txt

• fmc_ident.txt

• wpNavAID.txt - VOR, ILS, ILSD, DME, NDB : ID, LL, Frq

• wpNavAPT.txt - Runway info : lgt, hdg, LL, alt

• wpNAVFIX.txt - Fixes : ID & LL

• wpNavRTE.txt - Airways

• /SIDSTAR

• ICAO.txt - FIX, RNWS, APPROACHES, SIDS, STARS, GATES

• AXE

• /NavdataPro

• airports.txt - Airport, Runway, Localizer, Gates

• ats.txt - Airways

• navaids.txt - Navaids (VOR, NDB...)

• waypoints.txt - Fixes

• /PROC

• ICAO.txt - FIX, RNWS, APPROACHES, SIDS, STARS, GATES (condensed format)

• Flight1 C182T - Format as AXE

• X-plane 320Neo - Format as AXE

• JeeHell - navrecord.dat - binary format file

• PMDG - as AviaSoft EFB

• PFPX

• /Navdata
      • Directs.nav - fixes (not clear how used)

• Navdata.nav - binary format file

• ND.MDB - binary MS Access DB?
    • Qualitywings 757

• apps.txt

• apts.txt

• awys.txt

• ints.txt

• navs.txt

• sids.txt

• stars.txt

• Prosim 737

• nd.mdb - binary MS Access DB?
    • PSS A330 - text files despite the .dat extension

• pssapt.dat

• pssawy.dat

• pssndb.dat

• pssrwy.dat

• psssid.dat

• pssstar.dat

• pssvor.dat

• psswpt.dat

• Level-D Simulations

• airports.dat

• ICAO.xml

• wpNavAID.txt

• wpNavAPT.txt

• wpNavFIX.txt

• wpNavRTE.txt

• EFASS -

• airports.txt

• ats.txt

• navaids.txt

• waypoints.txt

• wpNavRTE.txt

• /PROC

• ICAO.txt

• CaptainSim 767 - all text formatted.

• Wilco/Feelthere Airbus
      • Airports.db

• Airways.db

• Fixes.db

• IAPs.db

• Navaids.db

• Runways.db

• SIDs.db

• STARs.db

As you can see there are at least 4 products above with Binary formats which are NOT editable by the user, where extra procedures thus cannot be added.

Having worked with dataprocessing professionally for more than 25 years it is clear to me that the simplest process - knowing some data is missing - would be:

1. Receive new data from Lufthansa
  2. Run merger routine validating that each missing data has not been added by Lufthansa in the latest version. If merging would result in duplicate data, then keep Lufthansa data and discard add on data (Unless an override is needed due to FS issues). Produce a log file of the merger process.
  3. Run generator to generate the many different file formats currently in use.

This need take no more manipulation time and the most heavy part of the process will be step 3.

To reiterate: Its comes down to choice. And this is probably based on a minority number of missing data and a minority of users having the interest in these missing data.

So - enough said about the topic.

/Stephen

Archived